Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Side Stand Oil Method -- do you or don't you?

Yep, I do it on the sidestand
Nope, I balance it vertical using .....
.... my manservant, Emanuel Dexterity
.... a friend, buxom female preferably
.... a brick, a block of wood, other thick item
.... a stick *(Sluggo can explain it)
Remove timing port, fill till it comes out (V1)
.... I don't ever have to check it (Bill)

« Last Modified by: verslagen1 on: 07/31/11 at 20:17:02 »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print
side stand oil method (Read 1896 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: side stand oil method
Reply #45 - 08/02/11 at 16:12:58

yup, drinking that klutz stuff will do that to you .....

..... jest lookit 'ol Bill -- he's been a swilling it fer years now.

Verslagen, he used him some klutz last year, but he put it away and has sworn it off now completely ....    his engine went and died on him and that cut off his infection kinda like chopping off an arm would do fer a badly gangrened hand.

Tell you how bad the klutz  stuff is, the brand spanky new rebuilt engine went and died on him again -- he had to swap in a new lower end to get rid of the klutz infection as all the upper parts were bored and replaced, etc so only the lower end had the klutz infection still in it.

His hardened steel main and counterbalancer ball bearings were going bad on him -- can you imagine what klutz would do down in yer guts if you drank it like Bill does?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #46 - 08/02/11 at 16:42:45

One teaspoon of diesel oil will clean up the infection.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #47 - 08/02/11 at 19:01:16

This and the related threads have compelled me to sharply increase my consumption of olives and the martinis in which they're immersed. When we refer to the "side stand method" are we referring to the side stand on the floor method or the side stand on the flat side of a 2X4 method? And just who are "we"?

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #48 - 08/02/11 at 19:30:10

Method,....?
I think we are talking the one in which we walk past our bike, and almost accidently see the oil level. We are way beyond 1x4s, 2x4s, sticks, shims, mirrors, magnafying glasses etc etc.

We,.....? We're the ones who dam near got killed,....not to mention the battle scars that got left on man and beast from checking oil the stupid rediculous Suzuski way !

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #49 - 08/04/11 at 03:01:06

The folks who prop their bikes up on thick objects until they are teetering on the edge of destruction like to think of themselves as "vertical" folks -- why I do not know as they are on the side stand as you have pointed out and they have stuck in an undocumented block of something into the equation on top of that.

Real side stand on the ground folks won't claim them as they are kinda like sissies, splitting the difference between the methods and saying they are "following the manual" like it has some sort of magical mojo associated with following the erroneous thing.

In truth, there is an error in the manual, either the 2.5 quarts of oil as listed in the manual is wrong or the test method is wrong as the two items are incompatible with reality and with each other.  

Trying to get folks to say which of the two is the error so it can be properly listed in the Clymers error log that we keep in the tech section really sends them "prop her uppers" into a complete tizzy since none of their little props are listed in either place.

Grin      .... and I am being nice when I call them sissies .....  
                   some go a bit beyond that into the realm of "bungie strap bondage" or actual "chockaholics"

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #50 - 08/04/11 at 06:23:12

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/04/11 at 03:01:06:

The folks who prop their bikes up on thick objects until they are teetering on the edge of destruction like to think of themselves as "vertical" folks -- why I do not know as they are on the side stand as you have pointed out and they have stuck in an undocumented block of something into the equation on top of that.

Real side stand on the ground folks won't claim them as they are kinda like sissies, splitting the difference between the methods and saying they are "following the manual" like it has some sort of magical mojo associated with following the erroneous thing.

In truth, there is an error in the manual, either the 2.5 quarts of oil as listed in the manual is wrong or the test method is wrong as the two items are incompatible with reality and with each other.  

Trying to get folks to say which of the two is the error so it can be properly listed in the Clymers error log that we keep in the tech section really sends them "prop her uppers" into a complete tizzy since none of their little props are listed in either place.

Grin      .... and I am being nice when I call them sissies .....  
                   some go a bit beyond that into the realm of "bungie strap bondage" or actual "chockaholics"

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9008/level6ejm7.jpg

If you had the proper amount of oil in the motor, what would it look like in the window if you had a beautiful babe sitting on the bike, feet on the ground, hands on the handlebars, holding the bike in a vertical position?

Would a tipover be more or less likely using the babe or using the sidestand on bricks?

Cheesy

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #51 - 08/04/11 at 06:34:09

Votes counted: 64

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #52 - 08/04/11 at 07:26:34

Gyrobob wrote on 08/04/11 at 06:23:12:
If you had the proper amount of oil in the motor, what would it look like in the window if you had a beautiful babe sitting on the bike, feet on the ground, hands on the handlebars, holding the bike in a vertical position?

Would a tipover be more or less likely using the babe or using the sidestand on bricks?

I tip over is more likely, as I would be more apt to checking the babes oil   Roll Eyes

WWW   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #53 - 08/04/11 at 07:54:07

verslagen1 wrote on 08/04/11 at 07:26:34:
Gyrobob wrote on 08/04/11 at 06:23:12:

I tip over is more likely, as I would be more apt to checking the babes oil   Roll Eyes

Ah.  I can relate.

I can see it now,.... she and her 44D's mostly covered by a short t-shirt would be stabilizing the bike, while you are on your hands and knees pretending to look at the oil window.  She sees you stealing glances at the lower part of the t-shirt, gets irate, and hops off the bike, gleefully letting it crush you as it falls over.

Now that we are done with that,.... what did the window look like before she flattened you?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #54 - 08/04/11 at 08:03:02

Would a tipover be more or less likely using the babe
-------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, me tipping over w/ a heart attack would be more likely ! Undecided
Grin

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #55 - 08/04/11 at 08:17:54

What window?

WWW   IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #56 - 08/04/11 at 10:48:37

verslagen1 wrote on 08/04/11 at 08:17:54:
What window?

The T-Shirt window!  Cheesy

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #57 - 08/04/11 at 11:04:16

Tell me there's a better way... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #58 - 08/04/11 at 11:09:56

I think that bra is over filled.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #59 - 08/04/11 at 12:03:19

bill67 wrote on 08/04/11 at 11:09:56:
I think that bra is over filled.

Naaa, that's just the "reserve" that's on tap  Grin

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 22:56:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › side stand oil method

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.