i ride my savage proudly

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Re: Some People????
Reply #16 - 05/18/11 at 12:00:55

Harley is American assembled with foreign parts.  So is my Suzuki, now... Smiley

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #17 - 05/18/11 at 12:11:03

Some folks(usualy non riders) just dont get it. It dont matter what you ride as long as you ride.

I have noticed i get a lot more excuse me's and folks giveing me room to get by in wal-mart when im togged out though...lol Funny how just a couple of pieaces of clothes makes a differance in how people react to you. Cheesy
I just laugh and go on by. Im just as mean in my civies as i am in my bike gear. Roll Eyes Grin

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #18 - 05/18/11 at 12:39:59

My first thought was the same as bluedad said... if they have to ask, they don't know much about bikes.  And I think people ask if its a Harley because they think that would be a compliment if it happens to NOT be a Harley, or that's the only brand they ever heard of.

I don't have anything against any brand of bike, and I don't think that makes me un-American.  The worst thing to me about Harleys is the fact that its a Harley.  I'd hate to own one and then defend that I had it "just because" its a Harley.  Whatever bike I own its because its the one I want.  Period.  (but I do love my Harley boots!)

But you did good Wolfman!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 05/18/11 at 16:00:18

my instructor gives me crap about my bike sometimes. he's an old harley guy. Used to race flat track. I think he just fell in love with his xr750 back in the day and wont budge on his brand opinion because he talks crap on his own 883 too. Then again when i pull in i see him get remeniscent of old singles he used to have/restore too. He'll just listen and say "....nothing like a single."

Usually I'll get "what is that?" or "nice bike." Get a lot of crap from harley riders. Best ever...i was in a storage unit facility with a buddy and some guy comes over, practically running around that corner "Is that a BSA!?"

side note - Anyone looking for a resto project? He's got a basket case ajs/matchless. He's almost got 2 of them. 2 sets of wheels, two engines i think. Just one frame though. He says its a 600cc single, but I cant seem to find any matchless 600's that werent twins. Im thinking its probably a modified g80. '62 i think he said. He was aksing $2k for everything, or maybe $2500. Near Pittsburgh PA. Anyone thats interested I'll put you in touch.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #20 - 05/18/11 at 18:00:53

I definitely find it humorous/flattering if someone thinks Pokey (short for Slo-Pokey) is an old British single. Leaks like one. Has since day one.

I am an old Harley rider (I'm not old, my Harleys were). And an old Indian rider.

I don't wear "biker look" clothes as a fashion statement. My bikes leak, hot oil stings. I'm too cheap to get a haircut unless forced (or for memorial reasons/kids charities). Don't shave because I'm lazy, same reason I don't wash/wax my vehicles. No front tooth because the US Navy repair was sub-standard (and I'm broke).

I am what bikers used to be, dirty, smelly, broke, uncouth, crude, obnoxious... I work for a living.  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #21 - 05/18/11 at 19:40:00

Aww Jeff, stop trying to scare everyone..
You may look a lil rough around the edges,
that only hides the smart, helpful, giving
man that you are.
And I for one am proud to have met you. Smiley kim

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #22 - 05/18/11 at 20:17:49

prechermike wrote on 05/18/11 at 06:00:08:
Wolfman wrote on 05/18/11 at 00:10:34:
Then looked me up and down and said you sure got 'the look' down.Smiley Grin

So, what is "the look" all about anyway? This was what I wore one day.  I had to preach a funeral.   Someone said I was the best dressed rider he had seen in a while.  Cheesy

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/6533_100931049922648_100...

People don't think I have the "preacher look" either.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/28610_134661176549635_10...

But, I am OK with that.  I'm too busy being me to worry about that.

OK, you've just topped the list!

I've seen "Are you a real biker?" tests that ask, "Have you ever ridden your motorcycle to a funeral?" followed by "To a funeral for a non-rider?"  

You're the first I've ever known who can answer "To officiate at a funeral?" with a big YES!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #23 - 05/18/11 at 20:34:07

prechermike, My preacher makes you look life a Philadelphia Lawyer. He once put on his camo coveralls and fed his cows before our Sunday night service. Got back from the barn and realized that he was locked out of his house. Car keys were in his car, so we had a very short lesson from a big guy burning up in camo coveralls. He's a great guy no matter how he's dressed.  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #24 - 05/20/11 at 04:51:53

I'll see your riding preacher in a suit, and your farming preacher in cammo with a riding rabbi:

and a riding Catholic priest with an Indian (Omaha or Winnebago tribe) flute:

Is there another raise or call?

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #25 - 05/20/11 at 08:40:23

Many many moons ago i recall a story of the local preacher for the lil church down in the toolies my family used to frequent.
Guy was a good fella, he just like his 'spirits' so to speak.
6 days a week he was falling down drunk, come sunday he was a fire n brimstone preacher.

One story i recall was my uncle was going down the road and seen a body laying in the ditch in the rain,. He stopped to check it out. It was the preacher and he was three sheets to the wnid and face down in the ditch. Supposedly not uncommon.
Uncle roled him face up so he wouldnt drown in the ditch and went on his way. That sunday you wouldnt know anything had happened...lol
I met him when i was lil and he seemed a decent man, but oh the stories i heard over the years.
Preachers just aint what they used to be. Cheesy

« Last Edit: 05/21/11 at 01:56:00 by Wolfman »  
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #26 - 05/22/11 at 19:10:00

I like my S40 even more than I  liked my 883, but that's probably because I've added things to my S40 that the 883 didn't have.  I've found that most H-D guys are decent about whatever you ride and that most of the ones that try to give you grief either don't ride at all or their machine sits in their garage because they're afraid to put too many miles on it or to let it get dirty in the rain.  When I rode my H-D I had to laugh at some of the guys that wouldn't wave to "rice," yet their machines were loaded with Eagle Iron products (made in China) and their leathers were all imported.  I didn't miss the opportunity to let them know about that either.  I'm a huge believer in free enterprise and capitalism.  The free market and individualism is what made America great.  Next time someone rags about your "rice burner," just ask them "Where would Harley-Davidson be if the Japanese motorcycle industry didn't exist?"  They would still be back in the AMF days for sure.  God bless America!    

Ride free!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #27 - 05/22/11 at 20:04:27

or really piss 'em off... ask 'em how much of it is made in india.

WWW   IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #28 - 05/22/11 at 22:01:57

Honestly im not crazy about harleys. Dont want mine mistaken for a harley. Rather ride a zuk or kaw myself.
Suzuki makes some d@mn good engines.
Kinda partial to the bandit and 650rs maybe a honda cbr if i had the money.
The kawi vulcan line is nice, maybe a 900.
But if i have my druthers my next will be an s50 maybe a lil bigger.
Want to keep it small enough to rip the twisties but big enough i could do some two up day or weekend touring. Course a nice 1250 bandit would work for that to. Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #29 - 05/22/11 at 23:45:07

I know, its isnt a real motorcycle, & Im sure if you laid down & let me drop it on your face, it wouldn even hurt, cuz it aint really a motorcycle layin on your stupid face,, dumbass..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 06:00:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Some People????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.