babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Why I'm here?
Reply #15 - 05/18/11 at 08:18:56

Welcome Keith.  Hope you stick with us, you sound like a great guy.  I'm sorry for your loss.  Take care of that little girl and make Paula proud.  (I feel sure you already do that)

My mother is a 6+ year breast cancer survivor after single mastectomy.  I'm almost 46, so I get more nervous every year.  I appreciate every person who fights for a cure.  I will most likely need it some day.  

In honor of your wife and my mother (and for myself as well) I'm adding your tag line to mine too.  Hope you don't mind....

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #16 - 05/18/11 at 09:32:25

Babyhog,

You honor my wife and my family by doing that. It's a very nice gesture to do that for someone you just met.  Thank you.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I try to tell everyone our story. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our lives we forget to see what's outside our bubble. I saw things in b & w. My wife taught me to see things in color.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #17 - 05/18/11 at 11:37:24

welcome mate, a touching story indeed,I wish you and your daughter a wonderful live.Remember you are living for your daughter now,so ride safe .

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #18 - 05/18/11 at 20:55:55

Thanks Mick. I know to be safe but it's the other people you have to watch out for too.

Babyhog,

Your mom is a strong woman. I've met many survivors during my travels helping people and I hold them to the highest respect. They got to a point I wish my wife got to. When you get to that point all you can do is hope.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #19 - 05/19/11 at 08:18:39

Welcome Brother.

I don't feel a lot of hatred for most things in this world, but your license plate pretty much sums up how I feel about Cancer. This past Monday made it 2 years since it got my Father. Breast Cancer is making it's way through my circles also. The other photog at my job is battling it now. She found out a few weeks ago and is going through treatment now. Hate what it does to good people. Sorry for your loss.

FSO
  IP Logged
FlybysBlvd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
Reply #20 - 05/19/11 at 09:09:03

Smiley I am so sorry for your loss, I to have lost many a friend and family member to cancer, breast or otherwise.  May 14th was an awsome day here in Columbus, one company "The Limited" had over 7000 of thier employees, etc doing the walk, what an awesome sight.  Welcome to the group!  Paula is beautiful, thanks for the pictures.  
Con

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #21 - 05/19/11 at 11:42:29

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing. There are many of us around this site with family fighting various cancers. It's time we shut the door on these diseases and make them a part of our past! Settle in and enjoy the site.

Ride safe,

Dan

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #22 - 05/19/11 at 12:33:45

My wife died 24 years ago with colon cancer,By what I have read most internal cancers have only seen a 5% better cure rate in the last 50 years.The doctors make a lot of money on cancer patients so anytime you give money to any cancer fund you are only giving money to the doctors. The night my wife died I talked to a nurse who had been their 20 years,She said if she got cancer she wouldn't take chemo at all seeing all the people that died there.If I get cancer tomorrow I wouldn't take it either.Those treatments just burn up your insides.My wife lived a year and a half after they found the cancer.First doctor said it wasn't cancer second doctor said it was stomach ulcers,Both Indian doctors, even though they were wrong they both got their money.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #23 - 05/19/11 at 13:17:28

My wife was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2005, had a total thyroidectomy at that time. 2 months later she had to take radioactive iodine to kill off the remaining thyroid cells / cancer cells. March 2011 she had her last radioactive iodine dose to verify that all the cancer is gone and it came back clear. According to her medical records she is considered "cured"  Smiley Wish your outcome could have been that good, but looks like you are doing as well as possible since everything has happened.

BTW, tomorrow is our local "Paint the town Purple" fundraiser event for the Relay for Life. Wife and I have been active supporters since that first diagnosis and try to do anything we can to help others out.

Take Care  Smiley

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #24 - 05/19/11 at 19:24:08

Cancer seems to have touched all our
families at some point in time.
I will not say whether I will or not
have Chemo should the cancer
cells in my body ever become active.
Chemo does destroy some good as
well as bad cells. It also has worked
and helped people to survive.

Webhead, your daughter is just as beautiful
as your wife. Thank you for sharing her
story and pics.
It also is a reminder for us to live each day
to our fullest.
We may not be here tomorrow, yet our good
will be here to remind people of what good
does and how it looks.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #25 - 05/19/11 at 21:31:07

Yes Kim. I try to live every day and to enjoy life as much as I can. That's one of the reasons why I got the bike. I've seen the things that the group put in the previous posts. Having our hope ripped away from us. Doctors whom think they are gods. The brutal things they did to my wife's body. The chemicals, the surgeries the medications. In they end, they gave up on her. They had to call security from preventing me from killing her doctor. In the end it's like what my wife said. It's all about the money. They looked at her as a big money bag and sucked her dry. I didn't give up on her until that final day. When I saw she suffered enough and I couldn't help her anymore. I told her she had to go. I gave her permission to leave. And she did.

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #26 - 05/20/11 at 04:28:55

Welcome.

Ride, laugh, love.

(Hey, it's a simple philosophy, but it works for me.)

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Reply #27 - 05/20/11 at 08:17:17

Welcome to the forum Keith!  I have to say that of all the forums and websites I have found over the decades, this one beats them all hands down!  As a "newbie" here, I have found the members to be genuine, friendly, caring, and very helpful.

This terrible disease affects a lot of people either directly or indirectly and needs to be extinguished.  My younger sister (age 48) was just recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is currently undergoing chemo-therapy treatments to be followed by radiation therapy.  She has strong faith and conviction, but a long road ahead.  Our whole family has been and will continually be there for her.

God bless you and your family,

Doug
Colorado

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #28 - 05/20/11 at 09:56:53

drharveys - FSO wrote on 05/20/11 at 04:28:55:
Welcome.

Ride, laugh, love.

(Hey, it's a simple philosophy, but it works for me.)

It's funny you say that. My wife always said live, love and laugh often. I have it on the back of my truck.

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #29 - 05/20/11 at 09:58:54

Doug,

I hope for the best. Just being there for her is enough and holding her hand and making her smile. It's the little things you become more appreciative of.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 05:21:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › Why I'm here?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.