Why I'm here? (Read 297 times)
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Why I'm here?
05/17/11 at 19:48:17

Well the obvious reason is for the bike.

I was asked by another member about my tag line. "Find A Cure For Breast Cancer, NOW!" He said, If I wanted to to, to tell my story here.

My wife of 21 years past away from breast cancer 2 years ago at the age of 39. We have a 6 year old daughter. We met at the age of 18 and lived a great life. We were both very successful. Had lots of friends and came from large families. My wife always said,"What we didn't have in money we had in friends and family."

We had the storybook wedding. It was one of the greatest moments in our lives to be married. We were married in 1997. She was so beautiful that day.

The next greatest moment is when my wife, Paula, gave birth to our our daughter Alex. She was the picture perfect mother in every way.

In December of 2007 we were talking about having another child. We both grew up having brothers and sister and we didn't want Alexandra to be alone. Paula went for a mammogram as  a precaution and it came out clear.

3 weeks later in January, Paula felt a small lump in her breast. She went to the doctor and they diagnosed it as a small infection. 2 days later it grew to the size of a grape. 7 days later it grew to the size of a baseball. She went for a biopsy. 2 weeks had passed and it was the size of a honeydew.

We saw the doctor. We knew what we were facing but the what caught us off guard was how long,........2 months.

My wife fought for a year and a half. Within that short time frame she inspired everyone around us and everyone she met. She kept her head up high and fought with every fiber in her being. She lived the last 2 months in 2 hospitals. She was in the hospital for her birthday, our 12th wedding anniversary, our 21 year anniversary of just being together, our daughters 4th birthday and mothers day.

She passed away 2 days after mothers day of that year. I tell everyone,"She didn't die, she just brought the fight to another level."

As far as the other reason me being here? I promised Paula that I would tell everyone our story when I can. It is one of the many promises that I hold closest to me.

Thanks everyone for reading and be safe.

Keith

"Live, Love & Laugh Often." -Paula J Lynch

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Re: Why I'm here?
Reply #1 - 05/17/11 at 20:01:13

I just realized I put this in the wrong area. Sorry about that.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #2 - 05/17/11 at 20:01:41

Thankyou so much for sharing your story. It is very touching and brought a tear to my eye. I am glad that you had found great love joy and happiness in your life. Your wife sounds like she was anamazing woman and you are wonderful husband and father.                  

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #3 - 05/17/11 at 20:14:36

Welcome Kieth,
Yes, thanks for sharing your wife's story and I am sure she'd be proud.

This is a perfectly fine place to post it.. don't worry, nobody cares about the "introduce yourself here" stuff.  The story will get more views and comments here anyway.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #4 - 05/17/11 at 20:18:48

Thanks to both of you and yes, she is an amazing woman.

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #5 - 05/17/11 at 21:46:47

Welcome, and thank you for the touching story.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 05/17/11 at 22:09:57

You are new here so you might not have met Skat, a long time member we haven't heard from lately and are concerned about.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1302966242

So we understand your plight and welcome you heartily.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 05/17/11 at 23:07:29

We got a lot of pink ribbons on our bikes... (...homophobia be d@mned)... Huh...

You are among friends here.  Hope you enjoy the site and your bike.

Peace,
Serow  Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #8 - 05/18/11 at 00:13:39

Welcome aboard Keith ... you are indeed a fortunate man to have shared your life with such a wonderful woman ... your cause is near and dear to many in the motorcycling community up here too, which my friends and I try to support every year by participating in "Road Queen's Ride for the Cure", a local Breast Cancer Support Charity M/C Ride.

God Bless

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
bluedad
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sumiton, AL
Reply #9 - 05/18/11 at 03:36:25

Touching story, Webhead..all the best to you and Alex.

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #10 - 05/18/11 at 04:03:31

Thanks everyone. I actually have pink on my other 2 vehicles. I posted a small gallery so you can see what my wife looked like the year before she was sick and a pic of myself and my daughter. Also a pic of the things on my cars. We were big sports fans. My wife's nickname was "Boody". A name our mutual best friend gave her when we were dating and it just stuck.

http://gallery.me.com/thelynchfamily/100031

I ordered pink ribbons for the shield I just ordered and a new license plate frame similar to the one on my car.

Skat is in my thoughts. This disease tears apart everyone around you. I try to help people now by giving them awareness and to help them prepare for the "what if's" as my wife would say. We had hope but my wife was very cautious and wanted me to be prepared in case it came to this. She was a very smart person and left a very large hole in my life.

Thanks everyone

Keith

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #11 - 05/18/11 at 04:50:00

It is amazing the things that bring us together.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #12 - 05/18/11 at 06:03:10

Welcome to the Family..
Glad you found us.

Yes we have added Pink
to our bikes recently.
This is for one of our
gal riders, Skatnbnc.
aka, Skat or Skatergirl.
This is to show her we
support her as well as
all the other women that
are going thru, have gone
thru, won as well as loss
the fight.
Yes We definetly need
a cure NOW.. kim

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #13 - 05/18/11 at 06:09:59

Hi and welcome to the group.

Chip Smith
Greensboro, NC

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
OE

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Panama City, FL
Reply #14 - 05/18/11 at 06:19:29

Welcome to the forum. My thouhts are with you, your daughter and your wife.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 11:51:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › Why I'm here?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.