Send Topic Print
car tire advice (Read 173 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: car tire advice
Reply #15 - 02/22/11 at 19:13:03

I sold tires for 14 years, and put them on awhile before that. Go to a shop that only sells tires. They have the experience to find the leak. I have seen MANY leaks in after market and OE wheels. Sometimes the aluminum has a very small hole. Hard to find without dunking in tire bath. Not a big deal to someone who has the experience. Could cost around $10-15, but that's about 1/10 of the value of that tire.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #16 - 02/22/11 at 19:49:28

rl153 wrote on 02/22/11 at 11:45:20:
I'll try the soap bubbles, and wd40 in the valve.

Mr 153, for a guy who is 56 years old ,I'm shocked you don't know any thing about cars, is this your first one ?
Have you never had a puncture ? I cant wait to see you get a flat on your savage ,probably fill up severall pages here,sheech !

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 02/22/11 at 20:59:36

Boofer wrote on 02/22/11 at 19:13:03:
I sold tires for 14 years, and put them on awhile before that. Go to a shop that only sells tires. They have the experience to find the leak. I have seen MANY leaks in after market and OE wheels. Sometimes the aluminum has a very small hole. Hard to find without dunking in tire bath. Not a big deal to someone who has the experience. Could cost around $10-15, but that's about 1/10 of the value of that tire.

Thats what Id o, IF I couldnt find the leak myself. Not the place to start. See what YOU can get done.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 02/22/11 at 21:43:34

mick wrote on 02/22/11 at 19:49:28:
...cant wait to see you get a flat on your savage ,probably fill up several pages here,sheech !

Actually,..rl just asked the question...  We filled two pages answerin' it...
'cause it's what we do...
He's just glad he didn't ask what oil to use...
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #19 - 02/23/11 at 09:38:47

Thanks for all the advice ,I have had quite a few flats over the years,three different types in the last month on different tires, for some reason. This site is a valuable resource for all kinds of info .

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #20 - 02/23/11 at 20:27:50

rl153 wrote on 02/23/11 at 09:38:47:
Thanks for all the advice ,I have had quite a few flats over the years,three different types in the last month on different tires, for some reason. This site is a valuable resource for all kinds of info .

And some of it is good advice.  Grin Grin  To Serowbot---Rotella.  Wink

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 15:18:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › car tire advice

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.