Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Who is getting a RYCA CS-1 kit??? (Read 1794 times)
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Re: Who is getting a RYCA CS-1 kit???
Reply #60 - 02/07/11 at 23:16:14

Here's a chopped stock front fender on a bike we have in the shop...

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #61 - 02/08/11 at 04:28:11

I like it.

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #62 - 02/08/11 at 04:53:32

caseyLA wrote on 02/07/11 at 23:16:14:
Here's a chopped stock front fender on a bike we have in the shop...

http://rycamotors.com/images/fork-brace.jpg

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Now it just needs some artfully placed holes.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
dfaussone
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 02/14/11 at 14:59:20

I've been on the list since December.

IP Logged
runrun

Thump thump

Erie, CO
Reply #64 - 02/15/11 at 10:07:07

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the Ryca posts, lots of good info being shared.  caseyLA, thanks for the posts from the shop.

I'm waiting not very patiently for my CS-1 kit, ordered in December and just asked for the fork spring upgrade to be sent out with my fork lowering kit and clip-ons.

My donor Savage has lost about 50 lbs of chrome-plated extras, and it's down to just the frame & motor.  I'm cleaning/rebuilding the carb now, and am about to do the frame cuts and remove unneeded tabs, etc.

Any suggestions for what paint to use for touching up the frame after the cuts?  The original frame paint seems like heavy-duty stuff, and I'd like to match it if possible.

IP Logged
randyradio

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 02/15/11 at 10:46:14

Hey RunRun, nice story and I'm excited you have your bike about stripped.  I bet it's a wait getting the kit.  I would think that the black paint would need to be think and something like oil based enamel paint from like a hardware store like that Tractor supply store that's all over the country.  They have some smaller cans of their enamel.  
I ordered the Ryca kit last week and will go pick up a local 04 LS650 from a woman.  got it for $1500 with 3900mi.  Guess that's bout good and the test ride on it was ok but that stock seating position and forward pegs was more fun than going to marriage counseling.  Love to see some pics of your work and how scary that stripping process is going to be.  I've found some stuff on the web that hot rodders love for polished aluminum called called ShineSeal.  Seems you buff things up real shiny then use this stuff as a sealer.
Randy   Salute!

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #66 - 02/15/11 at 12:04:07

runrun wrote on 02/15/11 at 10:07:07:
Any suggestions for what paint to use for touching up the frame after the cuts?  The original frame paint seems like heavy-duty stuff, and I'd like to match it if possible.

I've used VHT Epoxy paint in the past with good results. Got it at the auto parts store. They also have caliper paint that works well. But whatever you use for touchups,  test it on an out of sight spot of the frame or, better yet, on the pieces you cut off. The wrong paint might make the base paint bubble or curdle, or the new paint might run or flake off.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #67 - 02/15/11 at 12:32:23

runrun wrote on 02/15/11 at 10:07:07:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the Ryca posts, lots of good info being shared.  caseyLA, thanks for the posts from the shop.

I'm waiting not very patiently for my CS-1 kit, ordered in December and just asked for the fork spring upgrade to be sent out with my fork lowering kit and clip-ons.

My donor Savage has lost about 50 lbs of chrome-plated extras, and it's down to just the frame & motor.  I'm cleaning/rebuilding the carb now, and am about to do the frame cuts and remove unneeded tabs, etc.

Myself, like you and many many others are in the same situation- waiting for the release of the bike. Just have to be patient. Like yours, mine is torn apart and waiting for parts. I have a bunch of parts at the powder coater right now.

Anyways, I would second using VHT epoxy paint. Otherwise, caliper paint, engine block paint, or even wheel paint would be fine. All can be purchased at the auto parts store.  I would mask off the area and spray it. To be honost, most of the cuts won't even show because of the new engine mount hardware, tank, etc that will block it from being visible. Probably doesn't have to look pretty as long as it inhibits a little rust and hides the bare metal.

IP Logged
runrun

Thump thump

Erie, CO
Reply #68 - 02/15/11 at 14:07:42

Thanks for all the paint suggestions -- the VHT site looks like a great source.

Anyone else thinking about using different instruments, like maybe a Vapor digital dash?  Just thinking out  loud...

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #69 - 02/16/11 at 07:45:37

I use the  Veypor  on mine.  www.veypor.com

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #70 - 02/16/11 at 08:52:34

the veypor will monitor speed/rpm/gear/fuel level and allow performance monitoring and analysis.

while the vapor will just monitor speed/rpm/temperature.

WWW   IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #71 - 02/16/11 at 09:30:29

How does it monitor fuel level?

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #72 - 02/16/11 at 10:46:42

MotoBuddha wrote on 02/16/11 at 09:30:29:
How does it monitor fuel level?

You tell it when you fill up how much and it knows how far.
It calculates and displays a level.

WWW   IP Logged
kernel ken
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Loveland Ohio
Reply #73 - 02/16/11 at 10:48:27

While rummaging around in this site a came across some info that may be of interest. There was a posting by T Mack-1 in October of 2007 that gave a link to the illustrated parts breakdown for a complete 2001 LS650. Since not much has changed on the bike, I thought it might be interesting to post it again. Especially since many of us are doing engine mods.

http://www.users.fast.net/~tommack/pdf07-ls650-parts-list.pdf

This is a big file, over 5 megabytes. It's 75 pages long in case you want to print it out.

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #74 - 02/16/11 at 11:59:44

says "file not found" for me but you can get the same parts illustrations for any year from cheapcycleparts.com

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 09:22:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Who is getting a RYCA CS-1 kit???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.