babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Scooter trike
12/29/10 at 18:05:22

Some of you may remember me mentioning my elderly neighbor who wrecked his scooter a few months ago.  Well, he has healed up and now he is considering buy a 3-wheeler.  Here's one he is looking at.  Anybody ever rode one of these things?  I would think the 2 front wheels would be less likely to tip over than 2 rear wheels?  The suspension on this thing looks pretty cool.      

Look how it leans when turning:

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: Scooter trike
Reply #1 - 12/29/10 at 18:08:36

I like the look of it,I bet it's spendy. ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 12/29/10 at 18:14:07

$1,999. brand new. not bad, huh.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 12/29/10 at 19:39:25

Whats the name of it? Looks good to me, but with a price that low, Id be afraid I mite be gettin what I paid for, not a lot.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 12/29/10 at 20:42:51

WWW   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 12/29/10 at 20:54:00

It is very cute and looks like it might be a blast to ride.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 12/29/10 at 21:44:26

What you are looking at is Chinese Crap.

At this page: http://www.scooterdepot.us/Trike-Gas-Motor-Scooters-150cc-3-Wheels-Moped-p-73... it claims "FREE   One Year Engine and Frame Warranty ($99 Value)"

Actual warranty is: http://www.scooterdepot.us/Warranty-sp-4.html --
Quote:
This warranty covers factory defects and defaults only. We do not cover misuse or broken parts caused by the user or by any other event.
costs on the first warranty part(s) shipment only. Any additional warranty parts which are needed will require the customer to pay any and all shipping and handling costs.
1. Engines are not covered. Each engine is started, tuned up and tested before we ship the vehicle to you.
2. The warranty does not cover wear and tear ....
7. Battery will be covered for 1 week.
9. Labor is not covered under warranty
11. We do not reimburse for warranty parts. All parts under warranty must be ordered directly from our parts department.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ -- about 25 million people that may have bought and are now trying to sell "sunny" motorcycle/scooters -- NONE.

Personally I would not buy this vehicle.  I have not heard of anyone who have bought one.  

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #7 - 12/29/10 at 22:00:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/29/10 at 19:39:25:
Whats the name of it? Looks good to me, but with a price that low, Id be afraid I mite be gettin what I paid for, not a lot.

it's only 150 cc ,couldn't pull a wet man out of bed. 2K  looks like you get what you pay for.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #8 - 12/29/10 at 22:13:01

Wow Big P, when one reads all that, makes me wonder why anyone would buy one?
A cute piece of crap yet none the less a piece of crap indeed. kim

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 12/29/10 at 22:15:36

Thats what I th0t.. that many parts for that few dollars? Gotta be junk.

Wouldnt it be great if some good Bike Rag would test this thing on a Long Term TRial? Like, run the thing for a year & see if it stays together.

WAIT, Dont Bother calling Them,, ILL Do the test! You guys just pitch in & buy the scooter..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #10 - 12/30/10 at 05:20:23

Hmmm..  interesting stuff.  Will do some more reading.  Its my 75ish year old neighbor who is considering buying.  He ordered a 2-wheel 150cc scooter from the same place last year, and wrecked it (sun got in his eyes, dropped the wheel off the roadway and down he went)  Yea, its Chinese crap, but it served his purpose, which was to have some fun on it, and be able to ride to his daughter's house about 3 miles away, and ride into town about 1 mile.  He is not going to do any major travelling on it.  I rode his first one a few times.  Definitely not great quality, but like I said, it served what he wanted.  It seemed to run pretty well and looked decent.  He wants to be able to ride, and is now scared of the 2-wheel variety.    

I definitely don't like the fact that the engine is not covered by warranty.  That scares me the most.  So thanks for digging deeper than I did.  I'll be sure he reads all that information.    

IP Logged
Driller

Really
"Zooked"
up

Tryon, NC
Reply #11 - 12/30/10 at 05:50:55

The China scoots do have their quality issues. A fellow in my town has a three wheeler (two on the rear) that actually has a roof! Same basic gY6 engine and tranny. He has gotten pretty decent service for how it is used, but said he had to completely go through it to refasten nuts/bolts, trace electrical connectors, etc.
On this one, my biggest concern is the articulated front suspension. The Piggiao MP3's with this set up are fairly robust, but complex and very pricey.
Still...it looks like it could be a fun scoot for bringing doughnuts home from the bakery. Roll Eyes

O.F.R.A.T. Old F##t Riding Any Time
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #12 - 12/30/10 at 06:05:21

My local Suzuki dealer had one of those Piggiao MP3.He said they were nice,But most people that road it wouldn't buy it,They liked the real motorcycle feel.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #13 - 12/30/10 at 06:15:13

I test rode an MP3 a couple of times.  It is a hoot and half to ride.  It leans just like a 2 wheeler, and holds corners VERY well.  With practice, you can lock the front suspension as you come to a stop and never put your feet down.  It unlocks when you twist on the throttle.
It is NOT for someone who really needs a trike to stay upright.  Much narrower stance than that Chinese one in this post.  It WILL fall over!

A CanAm Spyder is a consideration for a wide stance machine.   Very pricey though.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #14 - 12/30/10 at 09:46:01

youzguyz wrote on 12/30/10 at 06:15:13:
I test rode an MP3 a couple of times.  It is a hoot and half to ride.  It leans just like a 2 wheeler, and holds corners VERY well.  With practice, you can lock the front suspension as you come to a stop and never put your feet down.  It unlocks when you twist on the throttle.
It is NOT for someone who really needs a trike to stay upright.  Much narrower stance than that Chinese one in this post.  It WILL fall over!

A CanAm Spyder is a consideration for a wide stance machine.   Very pricey though.

Yes, I've seen the CanAm but yes, very very pricey!  So you think it would be easy to fall over on the above Chinese thing??

His balance and strength isn't bad, and he handled the scooter "ok".  One of his problems was he had some surgery and was taking pain meds, and didn't realize how the meds upset his sense of balance.  He stopped taking the meds and his balance has returned... Amazing huh, lol.  His confidence, not so much yet.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 04:00:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scooter trike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.