Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Does Michael Vick ride a motorcycle? (Read 419 times)
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Does Michael Vick ride a motorcycle?
12/27/10 at 13:11:48

I don't know the answer to this one, but he certainly seems to have redeemed himself.  There is a news story that Pres. Obama personally telephoned the owner of the Philadelphia Eagles to congratulate him on signing Vick and giving him a second chance in the NFL.

No one in his/her right mind would condone what Vick did with the dog fighting ring.

But as the news folks are saying, and correctly so in my book, the man faced his punishment, did his time in Leavenworth, and is so far redeeming himself like a gentleman.

Obama pointed out that few former cons get a chance to re-enter the real world, and perhaps Vick's popularity will change that.

I personally think that non-violent offenders, who pose no real and present danger to other people, deserve a chance to prove that they are ready to resume a productive role in society.  As for ax murderers, and other violent offenders, it's a different story, most of the time.

One of my law school classmates is doing 20 years to life in an Ohio prison.  He came home one night to find his wife dispensing her pleasures to another fellow, and unloaded a 9mm into her.  His first parole hearing was this month, and he was refused, and his next chance to get out is in 2015.  Is he a danger to others?  Probably not.

Contrary opinions, anyone?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Does Michael Vick ride a motorcycle?
Reply #1 - 12/27/10 at 13:30:15

I'll agree in principal,...but neither dog fighting or killing your wife are "non-violent" offenses...
So, those two go in the no mercy category...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/27/10 at 14:13:23

we have a local sportscaster here in St. Louis who contents Vick 'murdered' the dogs and shouldn't play football again. Now, I have a dog and have what I would call an average affection towards dogs, but I would never use the term 'murder' to describe killing a dog. I think murder should be reserved for human beings. I've tried calling in a few times, but my drive home was always too short to get on. I've not listened to him since, but I suspect he's going after Vick  even harder now that he's possibly on his way to MVP.

18 months in jail for breeding and knowingly introducing dogs to a sport that will quickly kill most of them seems to me about right. Caught again, 5 years.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #3 - 12/27/10 at 14:18:37

WM -

Whadda think about my classmate?  Should he ever get out, or rot in jail until he dies?

At the time he went off the deep end and shot his wife (who knows what else was going on in the marriage?) he was a prosecutor.

After some point in time, should we keep someone in jail just for pure retribution?  As this guy is now about 64 years old, and he's been locked up over 20 years, assuming that he's not really a danger to society, should he be let out?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #4 - 12/27/10 at 14:44:02

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 12/27/10 at 14:18:37:
WM -

Whadda think about my classmate?  Should he ever get out, or rot in jail until he dies?

At the time he went off the deep end and shot his wife (who knows what else was going on in the marriage?) he was a prosecutor.

After some point in time, should we keep someone in jail just for pure retribution?  As this guy is now about 64 years old, and he's been locked up over 20 years, assuming that he's not really a danger to society, should he be let out?

In my humble opinion YES he should have  been let out 10 years ago.
his crime was one of passion . A devorce is the right way to go as we all know, but in that crazy moment you see your wife in bed with anothere dude some guys just cant stand it.
If it had been me I would have told them both to leave , and tell my wife to never come back. I abhor violence.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #5 - 12/27/10 at 14:50:33

Mick -

You and I agree 98% on this one - crimes of passion are almost never repeated.

On a totally different note, I don't abhor violence in the proper setting, like the first Gulf War back in 1991, or in WW II.  If you're going to have to fight, then do it as violently as you can, and get it over as quickly as possible.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #6 - 12/27/10 at 14:50:37

I almost hate to post this, but here goes anyway.

First, Vick.  Yes, I absolutely disagree with dog fighting.  But I do think he didn't act alone, he took most of the blame, he did his time, he has made major retribution... let the man be.  I would wager that he will never get involved in anything like that again.  I doubt it was an addiction that he can't control, type of thing that he's gonna have to run out and do again.  He is one talented athlete and I think he deserves to be allowed to play... and play well he does.

Your classmate.  Well, he did take a life.  But how many murderers get lesser sentences and are out before 20 years?  I think I'm a pretty sympathetic person, in general.  He killed her for a "reason" (granted, not a very good one, but still).   To me, it doesn't sound like he did it for kicks, sounds like he snapped.  How many get off with a temporary insanity plea?  (btw, seems like that should have worked for him).  But in general, I would guess that he's not going to turn into some serial killer/axe murderer... guessing of course.  But my question is... what was their reason for denying parole?  Has he been violent while imprisoned?  Has he threatened others?  Parole board must have seen something.  Basically, I would say at 64 years old, and already served over 20 years, it would seem plausible to let the man out.  So why didn't they?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #7 - 12/27/10 at 14:57:17

BH -

I don't know why they didn't let him out.  I'm not privvy, as I obviously have no connection with the victim or him, so I have no access to any parole board reasoning.  None of that is public info.

From knowing him in school, I can't imagine he's anything but a model inmate.  And as a former prosecutor, he's a lot like a former cop in prison - a target for other cons.  So maybe there were some problems.  Perhaps in the 20 years he's been in jail, he has hardened.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #8 - 12/27/10 at 14:59:13

babyhog wrote on 12/27/10 at 14:50:37:
I almost hate to post this, but here goes anyway.

First, Vick.  Yes, I absolutely disagree with dog fighting.  But I do think he didn't act alone, he took most of the blame, he did his time, he has made major retribution... let the man be.  I would wager that he will never get involved in anything like that again.  I doubt it was an addiction that he can't control, type of thing that he's gonna have to run out and do again.  He is one talented athlete and I think he deserves to be allowed to play... and play well he does.

Your classmate.  Well, he did take a life.  But how many murderers get lesser sentences and are out before 20 years?  I think I'm a pretty sympathetic person, in general.  He killed her for a "reason" (granted, not a very good one, but still).   To me, it doesn't sound like he did it for kicks, sounds like he snapped.  How many get off with a temporary insanity plea?  (btw, seems like that should have worked for him).  But in general, I would guess that he's not going to turn into some serial killer/axe murderer... guessing of course.  But my question is... what was their reason for denying parole?  Has he been violent while imprisoned?  Has he threatened others?  Parole board must have seen something.  Basically, I would say at 64 years old, and already served over 20 years, it would seem plausible to let the man out.  So why didn't they?

very good question Babyhog.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 12/27/10 at 15:01:41

He should have got the gas chamber years ago so we don't have to support him.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #10 - 12/27/10 at 15:12:37

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 12/27/10 at 14:50:33:
Mick -

You and I agree 98% on this one - crimes of passion are almost never repeated.

On a totally different note, I don't abhor violence in the proper setting, like the first Gulf War back in 1991, or in WW II.  If you're going to have to fight, then do it as violently as you can, and get it over as quickly as possible.

Jerry I did not mean war time violence,I meant unnessary violence,Like the guy we are talking about,he could have have did as I would have done.
Put a few terrorist in front of me wanting to do me or my family harm
I would kill them without batting an eye.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #11 - 12/27/10 at 15:22:15

Mick -

See the new thread I started on old laws.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 12/27/10 at 23:31:48

This article is about the former mayor of Washington, D.C. For the U.S. House member, see Robert Marion Berry. For the fruit, see Marionberry.
Marion Barry

Member of the Council of the District of Columbia
for the 8th Ward
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 2, 2005
Preceded by      Sandy Allen
In office
January 2, 1993 – January 2, 1995
Preceded by      Wilhelmina Rolark
Succeeded by      Eydie D. Whittington
2nd Mayor of the District of Columbia
In office
January 2, 1979 – January 2, 1991
Preceded by      Walter Washington
Succeeded by      Sharon Pratt Kelly
4th Mayor of the District of Columbia
In office
January 2, 1995 – January 2, 1999
Preceded by      Sharon Pratt Kelly
Succeeded by      Anthony A. Williams
At-Large Member of the
Council of the District of Columbia
In office
January 2, 1975 – January 2, 1979
Preceded by      None
Succeeded by      John L. Ray
Born      March 6, 1936 (1936-03-06) (age 74)
Itta Bena, Mississippi
Political party      Democratic
Spouse(s)      Blantie Evans (1962-1964)
Mary M. Treadwell (1972-1977)
Effi Slaughter (1978-1993)
Cora Masters (m. 1994)
Children      Christopher Barry
Tamara Masters Wilds (stepdaughter)
Lalanya Masters Abner (stepdaughter)
Alma mater      LeMoyne–Owen College
Fisk University
Profession      Investment Banking
Religion      Baptist
Website      dccouncil.us/barry/

Marion Shepilov Barry, Jr. (born March 6, 1936) is an American Democratic politician who is currently serving as a member of the Council of the District of Columbia, representing DC's Ward 8. Barry served as the second elected mayor of the District of Columbia from 1979 to 1991, and again as the fourth mayor from 1995 to 1999. In addition to his current term, Barry also served two other tenures on the D.C. Council, as an At-Large member from 1975-79, and as Ward 8 representative from 1992-95. In the 1960s he was involved in the Civil Rights Movement, serving as the first president of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC).

Barry came to national prominence as mayor of the national capital, the first prominent civil-rights activist to become chief executive of a major American city[1]; he gave the presidential nomination speech for Jesse Jackson at the 1984 Democratic National Convention. His celebrity transformed into international notoriety in January 1990, when Barry was videotaped smoking crack cocaine and arrested by FBI officials on drug charges. The arrest and subsequent trial precluded Barry seeking re-election, and Barry served six months in a federal prison. After his release, however, he was elected to the D.C. city council in 1992 and ultimately returned to the mayoralty in 1994, serving from 1995 to 1999.

Despite his history of political and legal controversies (which continues to the present day), Barry remains a figure of enormous popularity and influence on the local political scene of Washington D.C. The alternative weekly Washington City Paper nicknamed him "Mayor-for-Life," a designation that remained long after Barry left the mayoralty.[2] The Washington Post has stated that "To understand the District of Columbia, one must understand Marion Barry."[3]

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #13 - 12/28/10 at 05:17:08

Good example JOG, and look at Martha Stewart, Pete Rose.... just 2 who popped into my head.  I think Vick will rebound too.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #14 - 12/28/10 at 05:22:59

BH -

Martha Stewart was a scapegoat, pure and simple.  If she did anything wrong at all, it was only following advice from a stockbroker.

But of course, in this day and age, prosecutors revel in the chance to derail someone of wealth and prominence.

Look how that scumbag Eliot Spitzer has rebounded and is now a TV commentator.  The lives he destroyed on his quest for political power were pitiful.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:11:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Does Michael Vick ride a motorcycle?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.