YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Cafe posting
Reply #30 - 12/19/10 at 21:21:42

all right boys, lets zip up.  play nice.

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #31 - 12/19/10 at 21:26:51

My take is that:

Rubber Side Down! = ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE
Should be Comments and questions, de facto any post about motorcycles.

Technical Documents/Reference = A section where we can post technical documents!
The Library.  THE RESOURCE.  Other sites wish they were as good.

The Marketplace = Post for sale or wanted Savage/S40 bikes, parts or related accessories.
For Sale, Wanted, and de facto Interesting to be Sold.  (such as The WiFi thing.)

The Cafe = Hang out and talk about almost anything (read guidelines)
The Cafe is for thing OTHER than motorcycles.   Food.  Pets.  Work.  Family.
(Mick's Miata should be posted in Rubber Side Down, it is a motor-quadracycle and it says motorcycles, not motor-BIcycles.)

We need another forum, the Soapbox, for Religion and Politics.  It needs than just one thread in the Cafe.

WWW   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #32 - 12/19/10 at 21:35:28

Yes, an excellent idea Paladin.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #33 - 12/19/10 at 21:41:10

Starlifter wrote on 12/19/10 at 21:35:28:

Paladin,what about the tall table ? doesn't that work for politics and dare I say it,Religion.
except for the Miata thing your sugestions are pretty much what we have already ,dont you think ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #34 - 12/19/10 at 21:53:36

Paladin. wrote on 12/19/10 at 21:26:51:
We need another forum, the Soapbox, for Religion and Politics.  It needs than just one thread in the Cafe.

The problem is in this forum all posts are in the latest post search.
So what we need is another forum, separate from this one.  You can have Starlifters Hanger, Jerry's Bar, Mick's Hell, and JOG's soapbox.

And appoint whoever you want as moderator.

I'll even put in $25 for the 1st year, Who's with you?

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #35 - 12/19/10 at 21:57:03

mick wrote on 12/19/10 at 21:41:10:
Starlifter wrote on 12/19/10 at 21:35:28:

Paladin,what about the tall table ? doesn't that work for politics and dare I say it,Religion.
except for the Miata thing your sugestions are pretty much what we have already ,dont you think ?

The Tall Table has one thread of 300+ posts.  It needs a separate forum.

As long as you hold out a hand and wave at a biker I'll wave back.  Your Miata is more of a motorcycle than a MonoTracer.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 12/19/10 at 22:52:39

No one can actually discuss a topic at the Tall Table.
So many topics are relegated there that I cant keep up with any one topic. Would anyone expect a thread to contain the instructions for & discussion about valve timing & how to fix a dent in a tank & how to modify the pegs & chop a fender, all in one thread? Then why should anyone expect one thread to be where all politics are discussed? Along with religion?? It aint even reasonable..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #37 - 12/19/10 at 23:03:07

I think you are right Justin, I for one have given up trying to get Justin to be a free thinker (athiest) there are 5 other freethinkers on this forum, I honestly don't think A political and religion only will get enough punters, I would love to see it and even try it for a while under any name you like I did sugest "The Speakeasy" anyone else ?
Vers would it be possible to have a little members only thingy ,so people who might be offended don't accidently fumble in to the speakeasy ?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #38 - 12/19/10 at 23:26:56

mick wrote on 12/19/10 at 23:03:07:
Vers would it be possible to have a little members only thingy ,so people who might be offended don't accidently fumble in to the speakeasy ?

Mick you know from our experience in the moderators lounge and also the alliance membership that we can have a separate "members only" forum.

Why don't you suggest to John that a BS club be formed and a token fee for access.

Since I don't want to see the kind of fun you're having, I won't join.  WIN/WIN

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 12/19/10 at 23:34:27

Im in if weve got room for enough threads.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #40 - 12/19/10 at 23:36:08

verslagen1 wrote on 12/19/10 at 23:26:56:
mick wrote on 12/19/10 at 23:03:07:

Mick you know from our experience in the moderators lounge and also the alliance membership that we can have a separate "members only" forum.

Why don't you suggest to John that a BS club be formed and a token fee for access.

Since I don't want to see the kind of fun you're having, I won't join.  WIN/WIN

one way or another you are bound and determined to get me out of your hair, that's ok mate sounds good to me I will write Johnh in the morning, I'm tired and I'm going to bed now. goodnight Sir

mickrowe37   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #41 - 12/20/10 at 07:30:22

First I want to thank this forum for allowing me to come here and learn about my bike. That was the main reason I became a member of this forum in the first place.
Along the way I have made many friends and we have shared some good times as well as helped each other thru some bad times.

From the tech section I learned how to change my own oil and filter. With the many mechanical inclined people here, I feel their is very little I or hubby can't fix on the bike.
From the Marketplace I was able to connect with some of you that had the replacement parts in which I was able to fix Genie after my accident.
Thank you all for that.
Thru the Cafe section, we have shared views on many topics. If their are ones I don't like or disagree with I simply move on.
Again the main purpose I came here was to learn about the bike.
I will continue to be a member and if I feel I have something I can contribute then I will.
Hugs to all and thank you John for starting a forum in the first place from which I continue to learn about my bike. Hugs.. kimSmiley

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #42 - 12/20/10 at 07:38:49

I guess I don't understand why anyone would complain about topics covered in any thread, unless a conversation got vulgar.

For instance, I totally agree with Starlifter's post a page back.  He and I have jousted with each other mightily over the years, especially 2+ years ago during the presidential campaign.  And, it has been fun, since we agree to disagree politically, but we've exchanged some meaningful PMs.  Same with my buddy Mick.

A person has to be awfully narrow to simply want to discuss motorcycles all of the time - after all, one only opens one's mind by listening to others and learning from them.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #43 - 12/20/10 at 08:10:10

O.k. now the confusion I have is, If the rubber side down is questions only and someone wants to tell of a ride or even a family drive where does that go? Now lets say the drive is the gulf area. What I see happening here is the thread gets steered to who screwed the area and what not. The original thread gets lost in "I hate so and so". There's more political crap in The Cafe then anywhere else and frankly not much m/c content. Motorcycle content isn't the only thing in life and all there is to talk about but this is a motorcycle site isn't it?  And Starlifter, I don't drink. I was trying to summarize your post. Perhaps a look in a mirror will reflect a drunk.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #44 - 12/20/10 at 08:37:29

but this is a motorcycle site isn't it?

Yep, it is.. Ever been to a motorcycle get together? They just talked abut motorcycles, all weekend?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:59:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Cafe posting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.