problems with the fuzz (Read 514 times)
wingsout
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lockport NY
Re: problems with the fuzz
Reply #30 - 12/21/10 at 14:56:19

I lived in Florida for 37 years and saw and experienced the cops do  things above and beyond their ability to maintain their status as armed bullies. i.e. call out the swat team on a babysitter, take me to jail and STRIP SEARCH me for an expired gun permit,(I have a background as an armed security officer), get caught flying the cop chopper to Texas to gamble, etc; be advised all of them are not bullies; there are still one or two peace officers.  IF YOU GO TO FLORIDA BE CAREFUL.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #31 - 12/21/10 at 17:39:23

kimchris1 wrote on 12/05/10 at 11:44:28:
Here in Wa State, you must have passenger pegs and seat if carrying a passenger. Nothing about grab rails.
Also if you have a windshield there is no requirements for eye protection, yet helmet is required.
Insurance is not mandatory either.
These were just a few of the requirements that were listed. These are according to the A.M.A.

Here with the Navy as well as the Air Force bases, their are requirements such as a reflective coat or vest when approaching the grounds, as well as you must have a base sticker on either your windshield or bike somewhere.
kim

i beg to differ, you still must have liabiity insurance, they just cant ask, unless you have procced through a traffic signal that wouldn't change for you,  i've actually schooled an officer on the law. he was suprised, and i was right.

i'm good friends with a washington state senator. she filled me in. when the law went into effect jan 1 2010.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #32 - 12/21/10 at 20:49:11

Thanks Sluggo for that update. I would have thought the AMA had the recent updated material.  Smiley kim

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #33 - 12/24/10 at 22:43:51

sluggo wrote on 12/21/10 at 17:39:23:
kimchris1 wrote on 12/05/10 at 11:44:28:
Here in Wa State, you must have passenger pegs and seat if carrying a passenger. Nothing about grab rails.
Also if you have a windshield there is no requirements for eye protection, yet helmet is required.
Insurance is not mandatory either.
These were just a few of the requirements that were listed. These are according to the A.M.A.

Here with the Navy as well as the Air Force bases, their are requirements such as a reflective coat or vest when approaching the grounds, as well as you must have a base sticker on either your windshield or bike somewhere.
kim

i beg to differ, you still must have liabiity insurance, they just cant ask, unless you have procced through a traffic signal that wouldn't change for you,  i've actually schooled an officer on the law. he was suprised, and i was right.

i'm good friends with a washington state senator. she filled me in. when the law went into effect jan 1 2010.

I've been poking around online trying to find out about this for ages (in OR too, since I work there), and have never found a concrete answer.  Is there something I could print out and carry with me, so if I lose patience waiting for a light, I can show that it's legal?

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 12/24/10 at 23:30:33

Awww, C'mon,, maaan,, just Shoot the blasted light out & tell 'em it was busted when ya got there... I hafta tell ya how to do everything?? Huhh?

sheesh,, Savages my,,,...///

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #35 - 12/25/10 at 12:17:00

thats the point of the laww, you can blow through it. but if you do and are caught is the only sitlutation where da fuzz can ask for the insurance

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #36 - 12/25/10 at 14:45:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/24/10 at 23:30:33:
Awww, C'mon,, maaan,, just Shoot the blasted light out & tell 'em it was busted when ya got there... I hafta tell ya how to do everything?? Huhh?

sheesh,, Savages my,,,...///

I like that idea, but it might not work in Portland.  They don't seem to have much of a sense of humor. Grin

I'm not worried about the fuzz asking for insurance, I have that.  I just want to make sure there's nothing else they can try and pin on me. Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #37 - 12/26/10 at 00:38:07

The judge will tell a citizen that ignorance of the law is no excuse.

The cops should be held to the same standard.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #38 - 12/26/10 at 07:18:29

[size=]GO TO THE SUPERVISOR (CAPTAIN) AND LET HIM KNOW YOUR SO TIRED OF BEING HARRASSED NEXT TIME - YOUR SEEING A LAWYER AT WHAT WILL TURN OUT TO BE THE CAPTAIN'S EXPENCE ,,, A UNSCRUUPLES LAWYER MIGHT EVEN HELP YOU SET-UP A SITUATION THAT TURNS YOU AND HIM (HER) A DOLLAR OR TWO.  !  YOU DOIN'T HAVE TO TAKE THAT ABUSE AND THE HARRASSING PARTY CAN LOOSE HIS (HER) JOB OVER IT...[/size]

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 09:36:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › problems with the fuzz

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.