Send Topic Print
problems with the fuzz (Read 514 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: problems with the fuzz
Reply #15 - 12/06/10 at 08:01:50

If theyre just hasslin ya, document it & offer to sue the bastards.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #16 - 12/06/10 at 10:43:35

The stock seat on my '08 S50 has a strap between the driver and passenger areas.  So far no one has bothered me about not having a strap on my Mustang seat.  But I'm far from 19.

I would fit a belt around the front of the pillion as mentioned.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 12/06/10 at 11:25:27

The way I read the law in Fla., He is legal now, nothng needs added. Just the cops need subtracted from his life. If you know your rights & stand for them, theyll have to leave you alone. Or you can sue them. individually, w/o the "free pass" they get for being a city employee. They step from behind that shield when they behave in an illegal manner.

http://lawmdr.com/docs/42_USC_1983.pdf

Anyone, who under color of law ( pretense that since they arre a cop, you must obey) deprives any citizen of rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution is subject to civil & or criminal penalties pursuant to Title 42 USC, section 1983,1985, 1986 & or title 18 USC section 241 & 242.

USC = United States Code

Get a copy of the law in Fla, showing the requirements.
Have it with you.
Ask a cop if ignorance of the law is an excuse for breaking the law.
Answerf will be NO.
Ask if he has to obey the law.
He'll say yes.

Show him the law & show him how close to being sued he is.

Expect repurcussions.
Get a tiny videocamera & keep it on you at all times for a few months after you teach the punks to shut up & leave YOU alone.

Just the way I think, you do what YOU want to do.. Im a bit of a gadfly..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #18 - 12/06/10 at 11:51:44

Easy JOG, don't get the boy hurt!  

I'd say you are just gonna have to be extra careful.  If he wants to stop you, he will find a reason.  If he isn't giving you tickets, then maybe offer him a ride! lol  Maybe he's jealous of your bike.... or of your passenger.  Who knows.  As long as you aren't breaking the law, eventually he will get tired of pulling you over.  hopefully...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 12/06/10 at 11:53:12

Yea, dealin with a cop here,, might need to be afraid..

I sure hate that weve come to thins.

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 12/06/10 at 12:15:03

Guys remember this is a "Florida Cop"! I bet he went to a Florida school, and votes in Florida elections!

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #21 - 12/06/10 at 13:44:29

In a previous life (I was much younger then - better looking too as I remember it), I would drive around a particular county to avoid being pulled over. It didn't seem to matter what version of LEO would see me, local, county, state, they would pull me over, do a safety check or whatever. Since this county was between where my (now) wife lived and where I lived, I spent a fair amount of time driving between. I always figured there was some ne'er do well that drove a similar car to mine and must have had some bad habits that caused LEOs to be interested enough to pull them over just out of habit. So it took less time to drive around than through. In retrospect my car was a foreign sports car, and probably fairly unique for rural Illinois, so they may have been looking for me. I did try to minimize the time spent travelling.  Wink

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #22 - 12/06/10 at 13:52:25

My 67 red MGB with Massachusetts plates earned me many stops by the locals in North and South Carolina, way back when.  Fortuneately I was in the Army and the military ID smoothed it over most times.... Wink

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #23 - 12/06/10 at 14:19:11

You said "campus police?" They probably don't have much if any authority under the Florida Traffic Act (or whatever it's called). Don't forget the University is private property, and traffic laws don't usually apply on private property. eg: in Ontario the only things a driver can be charged with while on private property are leaving the scene of an accident, and dangerous driving.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #24 - 12/06/10 at 14:26:33

kimchris1 wrote on 12/05/10 at 11:44:28:
Insurance is not mandatory either.

kim

quick change in law, the legislators got this in
it is now legal for you to bypass a signal device, they can ask for insurance if they decide to stop you for that. and that only, i've schooled a few police on the subject.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
wayne929
YaBB Newbies

fort myers
Reply #25 - 12/06/10 at 16:49:13

yea on my campus we dont have actual campus police. They are real 5.0 and just decide to sit in there alot to catch all the kids whipping around in what mommy and daddy bought them. but i printed the laws and will be a nice addition to my saddlebag from now on!

Go Faster, So the Thrill of Speed Overcomes the Fear of Death
  IP Logged
einheit13

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 12/06/10 at 17:59:44

arteacher wrote on 12/06/10 at 14:19:11:
You said "campus police?" They probably don't have much if any authority under the Florida Traffic Act (or whatever it's called). Don't forget the University is private property, and traffic laws don't usually apply on private property. eg: in Ontario the only things a driver can be charged with while on private property are leaving the scene of an accident, and dangerous driving.

Not really....9 times outta 10, the roads are either state or local owned. William and Mary campus police have as much authority as any State Policeman. State law supersedes any local ordinance since colleges fall under State authority, not local.

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #27 - 12/06/10 at 18:40:31

Last campus I worked on, Univ. of Alaska Anchorage, had sworn weapon carrying officers that could and did write citations for DUI, MIP, Concealed weapons, etc, so depends on the school. Also shot moose when they became a hazard to the College population. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #28 - 12/06/10 at 20:17:57

Thanks Sluggo for the update. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 12/06/10 at 20:42:50

mornhm - FSO wrote on 12/06/10 at 13:44:29:
In a previous life (I was much younger then - better looking too as I remember it), I would drive around a particular county to avoid being pulled over. It didn't seem to matter what version of LEO would see me, local, county, state, they would pull me over, do a safety check or whatever. Since this county was between where my (now) wife lived and where I lived, I spent a fair amount of time driving between. I always figured there was some ne'er do well that drove a similar car to mine and must have had some bad habits that caused LEOs to be interested enough to pull them over just out of habit. So it took less time to drive around than through. In retrospect my car was a foreign sports car, and probably fairly unique for rural Illinois, so they may have been looking for me. I did try to minimize the time spent travelling.  Wink

Ill Noise is a bubba cop state.  I ran afoul of this situation when I lived there.

Phelonius Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 04:52:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › problems with the fuzz

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.