Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
this one for believers,are there any left ? (Read 1036 times)
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: this one for believers,are there any left ?
Reply #75 - 09/06/10 at 09:48:18

mpescatori wrote on 09/06/10 at 08:23:07:
Let's consider this:
The caterpillar knows all there is to know about eating leaves, and spinning a cocoon.
Then he dies.

The butterfly knows all there is to know about flying from flower to flower, and finding another butterfly to mate with.
Then she dies.

We all know the puffy caterpillar becomes a beautiful butterfly, but do they know about each other?
They certainly don't.
Actually, not only do they NOT know about each other, they can't even see each other, because each has senses to live in its own world.

Only we know better.

Now, anybody on this Forum willing to prove there's nothing other than this world?

The Qabalah describes a world in 10 dimensions, each one a manifestation of one revelation of spirituality.

You only have to try, and read it.

Are you comparing caterppilar to a human being ?
I know my Dads body was donated to a local med school for at least 3 years ,after that we get his ashes back.
The same thing will happen to my body when I die.
My Dad did not break out like a butterfly, not much of a life what is it 6 - 8 months.
An ex wife (the mother of my children ) died a year ago while she was dying she signed an agrement to donate any parts of her body ,the rest to a med school ,she died of lung cancer ,a chain smoker.
But I remember she had the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen they looked gread against her red hair,she looked typicly Scottish.  Anyway her heart beats in another person,and another both those beautiful eyes,If the person ever walked past me I will recognise those eyes.
She was only 61 years old.
So how many of you christians are giving away your body to science ?
The same amount who are against stem cell research.
And then there is those who think there body floats up into space looking for the heaven that is not there.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #76 - 09/06/10 at 09:54:58

mick wrote on 09/05/10 at 23:02:24:
LostArtist wrote on 09/05/10 at 22:46:39:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/05/10 at 11:12:23:
I cannot believe in a god that want's to be praised all the time"

Finally, something to actually think about. Ill be interested to see how other believers address this. Im gonna need some time to think about it.

it's not praise, it's love

coming from the middle of the bible belt (Texas) your answer doesn't count,you have all been brainwashed for too long.
Or I could say I cannot believe a god that needs so much love all the time,he must have a very low oppinion of himself.
Ever been out with a girl that asks "do you love me" ? all the time,
drives you nuts don't it ?

you think I'm brainwashed, haven't we been over this before??? you think I'm an idiot and a fool for believing so nothing I can say will change your mind. and not about God but about me, so why should I talk to someone who thinks I"m a fool?   So if you wanna keep talking down to me, that's your choice. I know you don't care what I think but I was starting to like you. . .  but anyway, Praise is one of those things you do because you love, not demanded or you go to hell, kinda like doing the dishes when your gf or wife or whatever is having a hard day or something. or buying them flowers or jewelry to show them your love. now some guys just do those kinda things to get laid, well, that's sad.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #77 - 09/06/10 at 10:49:22

Lost, unlike your god I don't care if you like me or not, and I do not need reassuring all the time.
So go ahead worship the big guy in the sky ,Strange as it may seem to you I don't dislike anyone,if you ride a motorcycle you have to be ok. If I ofended I apologise ,I realy should not say those things about Texans,I did know a very bad one and I guess I painted you all with the same brush.
So I will just go back to god bashing,it's more fun anyway.  
Religions are founded on the fear of many,and the cleaverness of the few.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #78 - 09/06/10 at 11:25:47

And here is one from a nice Jewish guy.
I came--through the child of entirely irreligious (jewish) parents to a deep religiousness,which,however,reached an abrupt end at the age of 12 .      Albert Einstein.
Now which one of you guys will say he is /was stupid ?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #79 - 09/06/10 at 11:38:02

mick wrote on 09/06/10 at 11:25:47:
I came--through the child of entirely irreligious (jewish) parents to a deep religiousness,which,however,reached an abrupt end at the age of 12 .      Albert Einstein.

check your quote mick, it makes no sense.

wikipedia...Irreligion is an absence of, indifference towards or hostility towards religion.

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #80 - 09/06/10 at 12:58:10

verslagen1 wrote on 09/06/10 at 11:38:02:

wikipedia...Irreligion is an absence of, indifference towards or hostility towards religion.

read it again mate ,makes perfect sense to me, how about I say his parents were Areligious,or unreligious. the above was a quote from Mr Einstein himself.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #81 - 09/06/10 at 13:20:04

mick wrote on 09/06/10 at 12:58:10:

read it again mate ,makes perfect sense to me, how about I say his parents were Areligious,or unreligious. the above was a quote from Mr Einstein himself.

I came--through the child of entirely irreligious... (jewish)
---contradicting terms, anti religious and jewish? Does that means they hated their religion?

...parents to a deep religiousness,...
---again, contradicts the previous statement and who is religious, him or his parents?

...which,however,reached an abrupt end at the age of 12 .
     Albert Einstein.

However much I respect Einstein, I suspect something was lost in the translation, unless he wrote that at age 13.

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #82 - 09/06/10 at 14:51:14

verslagen1 wrote on 09/06/10 at 13:20:04:
mick wrote on 09/06/10 at 12:58:10:

I came--through the child of entirely irreligious... (jewish)
---contradicting terms, anti religious and jewish? Does that means they hated their religion?

...parents to a deep religiousness,...
---again, contradicts the previous statement and who is religious, him or his parents?

...which,however,reached an abrupt end at the age of 12 .
     Albert Einstein.

However much I respect Einstein, I suspect something was lost in the translation, unless he wrote that at age 13.

could he have written that just after his cicumscission,Barmitzva,or what ever,on the other hand his parents might have hatet there own religion because about the time they immigrated from Germany the Jews were already being persicuted in there home country ,but here in the US as well,try joining a country club with a name like Einstein,Cohen,eichenburger. etc.
Ether way he was a very smart man,they even have his brain preserved somewhere, Smithsonian ?
I would much rather go along with his way of thinking that any one else on this forum.Even today his theories are rock solid.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #83 - 09/07/10 at 01:36:35

Once again, only idiots say they don't believe in something they can't prove one way or the other.  A smart man would say I don't know.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #84 - 09/07/10 at 03:10:06

Mick, I'm not comparing human beings to caterpillars, I'm using that example as a metaphore, and assumed you would understand the metaphore.

It seems you haven't ?

I find it extremely difficult to believe that sentient beings such as ourselves will simply wither away, fade and die like a candle that consumes itself to the very end.

It would be an unacceptable waste of intelligence.

I prefer to think that, just as the caterpillar evolves into a butterfly, and to each his own dimension in this universe, we too may evolve into "something - whatever" after the body dies.

Else, what would the point of your very own existence be ? Just whine and pine away at old age ?  Huh

Smiley

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #85 - 09/07/10 at 05:08:46

I think the quote has one typo and is short on punctuation:

I came -- though the child of entirely irreligious (culturally Jewish) parents -- to a deep religiousness; which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12.   Albert Einstein

In other words, though his parents were not religious, as a child he came to a deep religiousness.  Reaching age 12, he changed his mind and became an atheist for the remainder of his days.

I'd like to know what happened that caused that transformation.

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #86 - 09/07/10 at 06:05:34

drharveys - FSO wrote on 09/07/10 at 05:08:46:

I think the quote has one typo and is short on punctuation:

I came -- though the child of entirely irreligious (culturally Jewish) parents -- to a deep religiousness; which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12.   Albert Einstein

In other words, though his parents were not religious, as a child he came to a deep religiousness.  Reaching age 12, he changed his mind and became an atheist for the remainder of his days.

I'd like to know what happened that caused that transformation.

He probably figured out by that time,it really is a no brainer.
At the time of the quote his English wasn't that good.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #87 - 09/07/10 at 06:09:55

Even smart people can be wrong. Im going with MY Experiences, which have made it impossible to deny the existance of God.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #88 - 09/07/10 at 06:10:41

stinger wrote on 09/07/10 at 01:36:35:
Once again, only idiots say they don't believe in something they can't prove one way or the other.  A smart man would say I don't know.

Now another one calling Einstein an idiot.
On the other hand you cant prove he existed .
All thinking men are Atheists.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #89 - 09/07/10 at 06:21:13

Aaaand, once again, I dont HAVE to "think" about it. I know. I dont even GET to think about it. I have no OPTION but to believe. When a person has an experience that proves Gods existance, then where is Faith? I dont HAVE faith. I have knowledge. I dont "believe",, I didnt Choose to "believe", I have experience that proves his existance, so, I cant get involved in the average debate, because Im not one of the debaters. I have no OPTION but say "God is real".

All that said

Serowbot said tuther day, something along the lines of
" IF I believed in God I would live my life by his rules & to sway me from that would require hurting me terribly" or something along those lines.

Be aware that Paul spoke of the struggle to do what is right. He said, of his inability to follow Gods laws

" I do what I would not do & I dont do what I would do"

Peter, who hung out with & knew who Jesus was, denied even knowing Jesus 3 times in one day, after  swearing his loyalty & willingness to die for him.

One of the things that bothers me deeply is the part of the Bible that says, referring to the newly saved man,

& all things become new

& the way Iread it, Itseems to me to mean that all the old ways fall away & righteous ways replace them, but, my experience doesnt fit that./

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 08:11:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › this one for believers,are there any left ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.