Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Burn The Confederate Flag Day September 12, 2010 (Read 1045 times)
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: Burn The Confederate Flag Day September 12, 20
Reply #75 - 08/17/10 at 00:23:58

Trippah wrote on 08/16/10 at 20:44:23:
Real Americans?  I'm sorry but the native americans or "indians" simply got here before us...although there is now greater debate based on DNA than the simple land bridge accross from Siberia to Alaska.
So once and for all, we have since time began, been a "nation" of immigrants.   Cheesy    and if you think you can stop imigration, you live in fantasy land.  Can you imgine the next few decades if the oceans rise and the Pakistani flooding becomes an annual event and takes place in ln China and S. America too, as well as the Mississipi flood plain..mass migration and perhaps mass epidemics....but by then the Sav will be fuel injected.

Trippah, ok so they got here before us, doesn't that give them more rights ?
Anyway the human being is a very inquisitive soul, he always wants to see what is over the next hill,never completly satisfied , he might come upon the garden of eden,or something just as beautiful,but he will still want more,like Columbus going west on the atlantic,his crew were getting more pissed off by the minute,but he knew by going continuesly west he would land somewhere,little did he know that the Americans that would follow would all be Ducati fans  Grin

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #76 - 08/17/10 at 00:41:39

I read somewhere that because most people of importance always seem to have people around them at the time of their deaths, like kings and queens etc, that even the most staunch atheists seem to all start praying right before their deaths. Some in their delirium right before their death begin talking to God. I might not be the most religious person, but I would never be dumb enough to say there IS no God. No more than I could say there is no life in outer space. A smart person would just say they don't know.  I hope its a bit before I know for sure tho.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #77 - 08/17/10 at 04:45:02

Budda is the only real god.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #78 - 08/17/10 at 06:31:01

Stinger; it's true, there are no athetist in a fox hole.
Even Mick will realize that one day.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #79 - 08/17/10 at 11:26:26

WebsterMark wrote on 08/17/10 at 06:31:01:

Ugh, there's that annoying little turd of wisdom again, "There are no atheists in foxholes."

Great gobs of gooseshit, it's almost as if people say irrational things when stressed out.  OF COURSE people make a last ditch cry for help, even when they know none is available.  That doesn't constitute a genuine belief.  Whether or not the big powerful thing EXISTS or not has no bearing on the human reflex to cry out for it.  In other news, my 3 year old daughter crys "Mama!" when she is upset, even though she knows full well her mom is on the other side of the world and she will have to settle for dad.

Perhaps I should not say the statement itself is an annoying turd.  What's annoying is the way it's presented by smug Christians, which is essentially this: "Those atheists, heh.  Put a little HEAT on them, and they come clean every time!" As if atheists lie about what they really think until they are about to die, or have so little integrity that they can (and do) flip flop their way of thinking just because they are under duress.

The "foxholes" statement ties into Pascal's wager, which is garbage.. a slimy calculated "faith" to save one's neck, a faith no entity of decent moral character would appreciate.  We can get into that if someone wants to start a thread on it.  But for THIS thread, yeah let's see Starlifter at the flag burn, unless he's just blowing smoke, so to speak.  Wink

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #80 - 08/17/10 at 11:41:05

The last thing my Dad wanted before he died (a month ago) was a priest,or a paster,he did tell the priest that showed up not to bother him with his religious crap,he told the nurse to get rid of him.
As for the Fox hole  BS, that is exactly what it is,why would I start believing all of a sudden ? because I have a good chance of dying ? is that the reason you think ? Sorry guys you have not a clue about me.
I was excused prayer in school and in the Army,the Army can make you do some weird sh1t but they cant make you or go to services.
My Dad made sure I never had any religious study in school,and we never went to church,Sunday was motorcycling day.
So years later I read the bible from cover to cover, I thought it was just so much nonsence,and not even remotely believable.And the old testiment was down right sadistic.if you guys believe all that stuff then all I can say is "god help you". (Pun intended)

mickrowe37   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #81 - 08/17/10 at 12:47:13

As if atheists lie about what they really think until they are about to die...

I'm not suggesting atheists lie. I'm simply suggesting that a moment of clarity presents itself. I'm not being smug at all.

Smug is those Darwin fishes with legs on the back of cars.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #82 - 08/17/10 at 14:01:58

WebsterMark wrote on 08/17/10 at 12:47:13:
.. I'm simply suggesting that a moment of clarity presents itself. I'm not being smug at all.

All right then, the second half of the sentence applies: "or have so little integrity that they can (and do) flip flop their way of thinking just because they are under duress."  You give atheists credit for only changing their mind after a new insight is found, but still come off as a bit smug for implying that you have this clarity that atheists lack, and did not have to experience severe trauma to get it.  

I get what you are saying though, much like how people can lift a car while pumped up on adrenaline, it's plausible that they might gain mental clarity when stress is high.  Personally, I have been under severe stress and did not get the insights which I guess will require further contemplation, a clarity-upgrade, or being closer to death.  The only time I "sensed a presence" or thought there was a god or any sort of afterlife, I was baked out of my mind.  Cheesy

Agreed that it is not very nice to poke fun at the car fishes, even if Darwinian evolution is the most reasonable explanation of how the species came about.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #83 - 08/17/10 at 15:14:15

WebsterMark wrote on 08/17/10 at 06:31:01:

If there were no religions you wouldn't need foxholes,All religions hate the other religions and want to kill them

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #84 - 08/17/10 at 15:31:09

Bill, you better check your computer, I think Mick hijacked your signon and put that last post down...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #85 - 08/17/10 at 15:38:13

God dammit I think he did

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #86 - 08/17/10 at 16:47:39

Bill like myself is also an atheist,there are quite a few more.
You know guys I took the time and effort to read two bibles before I made my final decision,it was not that easy. While on a tour of Europe 10 years ago , I was looking inside these beautiful churches and cathederals, and thinking how gullable people use to be.
To go to all that trouble ,and all the superb art work in side these places that basicly sit empty void of worshipers,just tourists attractions.
But even though I wondered I still did not come one iota closer to believing.
So if I can read the two basic bible's,you guys should read "The God delusion" and "The end of faith" eye opening to say the least.
Now the Arabs are acting so bad trying to push there religion on all people, (just another war about religion),I most likely will read the Koran just to see what floats there boat, pucking a-rabs.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 07:40:16

General CategoryThe Cafe › Burn The Confederate Flag Day September 12, 2010

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.