MO Riders (Read 360 times)
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Re: MO Riders
Reply #15 - 08/03/10 at 00:45:06

I was noticeing there was a LOT of events comeing up in the MO Ruralist Magazine this month.
Swap meets, music festivals, bar-b-q's, car shows ect.

With this heat lately ive been thinking a ride up to the lake and a swim beach would be good. Might see some Bikinis...rofl

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #16 - 08/03/10 at 06:09:57

I'm going to Roctoberfest Bike Rally in Columbia, Mo at the end of September. It is at the Expo Center in Columbia. http://www.columbiaroctoberfest.com/index.html
I would love to see more Savage's/S40's there this year.

If you fellow Mo riders aren't doing anything on August 28th. The Bikers Against Child Abuse chapter I belong to is having a poker run in Montgomery City. The route is approximately 110 miles through Montgomery and Calloway counties. I can email fliers to anyone that is interested.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #17 - 08/04/10 at 16:30:09

Hmmm...
Webstermark...St Louis
12bravo....Columbia(there abouts...lol)
Wolf....Marshfield/springfield
drharveys....St Louis
Southpaw...St Louis
04Savage.....Columbia

D@mn, i feel like a Southern Boy in amongst a bunch of Yankees with everyone else in St Louie or Columbia. All 'up north'...lol

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #18 - 08/07/10 at 08:59:16

Hey Wolfman

The kids will be going to school in a few weeks and I should have a few weekday "weekends" with no emergency "honeydo's" coming up. Maybe we can catch a dayride somewhere along the 44 corridor.

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #19 - 08/08/10 at 00:08:27

Sounds good. Id like to do a day ride around the lakes or maybe a run down old 66.
Today was beautiful for a ride...and i couldnt go.
Acid reflux kicked up so bad this morning i was sick as a dog all day. Killed me seeing folks out rideing and i was dinking around the yard. Maybe tomorrow.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 08/08/10 at 04:07:08

I rode my first bike in ya'lls neighborhood, a Suzuki 150 twin 2 stroker, while at Parks College back in '67-'69.
It was a tough little bike, took all kinds of abuse.
I stayed mostly on the east side of the river and buzzed the back roads out that way.  Had a blast.

Then the Army called and sent me on an all expense paid vacation to beautiful southeast Asia.   Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 08/08/10 at 06:39:02

Lancer; the area around Park's College is a little different now than then.... You'd need a bunch of one dollar bills....

Wolf; Southpaw, send me a note if you meet up. I might be able to meet. What I'd like to do is take a camping/fishing trip with my bike around Jacks Fork / Current River.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #22 - 08/08/10 at 10:11:52

Im Mr Mom so with a lil advance notice i can usualy get away about any day for a few hours barring Doctor visits.
Takeing care of mom(stroke) and the youngest is my daily penance.
My ride is my 'escape from reality' you might say.
10 years home care for dad(strokes) then the father in law for a year and now mom for the last year has kinda wrung me out a bit mentaly and physicaly.

I like to explore to. Toss a map in the bag, turn on the gps and just pick a direction and take off till im ready to head home. Maps only for picking a way home, not where to go...lol
Just kinda like to live 'in the moment' for awhile and forget everything else for a bit.
Could probably do an overnighter on a weekend, maybe even during the week depending on whats scheduled.

Id LOVE to just take off and just head west or south for a day then come back the next day.
This fall is a definite lake run when the leaves are changeing.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #23 - 08/09/10 at 01:03:24

Cripes it was hot today, almost to hot to ride. Even cranking along at 60 on the backroads that air was warm n muggy.
Did about 70 miles and said enough and headed back for the AC...lol
Id of been smart id of taken a pair of shorts and jumped in one of the rivers i stopped at.

Did'nt see but 3 other bikes and they were runing down old 66. Black helmets, black bikes and black leather jackets. He!! i was cooking in a light denim jacket. Would'nt even of considered rideing in my leather today.
It was 96 at 11 am and its still 82 at 3 in the morning.
Had a case of the red arse by the time i got home. Wheres the baby powder...lol
Supposed to be in the mid to upper 90s all week and heat advisory untill at least wed or thur. Sad

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #24 - 08/09/10 at 09:25:56

Parlayed two midweek "weekends" into a seven day vacation due to slow work levels, now going back Wednesday. Only been out riding one evening. Just too hot and humid for my asthma.  Tongue

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #25 - 08/09/10 at 12:29:29

Heats why most of my rideing lately has been of an evening after about 7 or so. Need to rig me a lightbar.
Dosent seem like many have been rideing here localy unless it gets down to about the mid 80s. Except for the odd bagger on the hwy.
Id of figured to see more on their way to sturgis. Usualy its a non-stop rumble and parade of harleys about now.
Ive seen about as many on trailers as ive seen actualy being ridden. Roll Eyes

Ive had to haul mine once after the blowout the other day and that just irked the he!! out of me. My bikes to be ridden, not hauled.

Mid to upper 90s the rest of the week with heat advisories. Angry

Addenum: CRPIES its hot!! Says 97 in springfield but MY outside thermometer says 104! Mine averages 2-3 degrees higher then theirs but the heat index is 105 at least according to them.
Wonder if i could mount AC on my ride? Undecided Cheesy

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #26 - 08/10/10 at 01:39:02

Southpaw, you or any of the others ride today?
Man it was HOT today. My thermometer hit 101 and stayed there from about 1 to 4. Still 80 at 3 am(yeah im a nightowl).
Supposed to hit 99 tomorrow, 100 wed and 101 thur then back to 98...lol
Temps are 'supposed' to drop 10-15 degrees this weekend though.
Gardens about toast and i about overdid it trying to keep it alive. Had my head under the cold water faucet for almost an hour to cool off.
Did get a short ride in about 10 and the temp was'nt to bad. Got me a couple of them Kool-Breeze personal body coolers at wally world. Should help a lil. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #27 - 08/10/10 at 05:37:06

I went for a ride last night. I'm glad that I rode the grocery getter (Burgman) in stead of the coup (S40). The bugs were so bad that after about 45 miles, I had to stop and clean the windshield off.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 08/10/10 at 06:16:47

I went out in St. Louis last night around 9 PM to see if I finally got rid of the headlight rattle (yea, it's gone) and it was still muggy.

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #29 - 08/10/10 at 10:19:57

Wolfman
 I'm getting out for short runs but the heat just isn't worth the hassle right now. It's the only time of the year I carry my Ibuterol 24/7! THIS is what really drove me out of construction. I guess I knew before it started showing up on my production stats that I was losing a step. This was the time of year we were all hurrying to get the schools done before the kids came back. I was doing 60 hours a week up on the rooftop units behind the pipefitters through the end of August! I wouldn't last a week trying to do that now!  Shocked

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 16:34:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › MO Riders

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.