Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
So, America is the land of opportunity? (Read 523 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: So, America is the land of opportunity?
Reply #30 - 07/09/10 at 12:57:56

jerry,

the republicans haven't done anything to address any of these issues either. they talk a good game but can't play worth sh!t they just want to spend us into debt via wars instead of domestic issues.  

I'm done with both parties, which yes, means I'm not voting or caring anymore

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #31 - 07/09/10 at 13:03:51

I'm actually a very conservative person...
I'm a strong supporter of individual freedoms... personal choice without government intrusion,... I pinch penny's 'till they bleed, and save all I can... I conserve my money, don't waste resources, recycle, and reuse...  I can't throw food away, unless it walks off on it's own...

I don't see the conservative ideals in the conservative party.... They are for restricting personal freedoms and choices,...  waste of resources, and rampant, wasteful consumerism...
"W said support the war by going shopping"...

But,... as a citizen of the richest and most powerful country in the world,... I'm for the humane treatment of all people in this country...  
Again, this should be a right-wing religious, conservative value...
Jesus said that what ever you do for the least of his brothers, you have done for him.

The main difference is that I think government should insure this care for all needy, instead of relying on individual charity...
I was never one to pick the cute puppy at the pound... but many people are...  and with private charity the cute child, or more sanitary disease gets the money...  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #32 - 07/09/10 at 13:13:04

LA -

That's your privilege in a free country; participate or not at your will.

To me it's very simple.  Look at what we have today and look at how our goals have changed in the last 40 years.  Look at how people criticize the great American economic engine that made us what we are (better put, what we were).

Has the great change in the direction of gov't helped much?  Yes, but mainly for those who don't contribute much to the overall good or success of the country (Robin Hood lives, but now in Washington, not Sherwood Forest).

The only solution, which I fear won't ever happen again, is for ordinary people like us to once more respect, admire, and aspire to success, honestly earned profits, and continued economic growth; and leave the charity to the charities, not the gov't.

We are infested with all kinds of rabble, from drug gangs, gangs of violence outside of the drug trade, the useless who just b!tch and moan rather than work, illegals who drain our resources, an inflated gov't which is a true parasite in the classic definition of a thing that lives off of another without producing its own "food", to a list far too long to repeat here.

Better than ignoring it, be a part of the fix.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #33 - 07/09/10 at 13:29:35

Serowbot -

I'll truly take issue with your idea that private charities only care for the cute kid.

On of my esteemed friends who is a successful plaintiffs' attorney (ambulance chaser to some, but not accurate) personally funds and supports an orphanage in Romania.

If you remember in the early 1990s, as the Warsaw Pact was falling apart, it became known in the Western world that Romania was in the worst shape of all of the former Eastern Bolc countries.  It had been pillaged first by the Germans in WW II, then it continued to be robbed by its own communist rulers.  It had a huge AIDS problem, and any deformed child, or child born with any birth defect was usually simply put out on the sidewalk to die.  Without doubt, Romania was the poorest country in Europe.

My friend and a very few others from his city started this orphanage that now serves about 100 kids at a time - mainly to get them out of there and adopted by Western couples, in the U.S. and elsewhere.  Most of the kids they serve have a problem or two - that's why they are in the orphanage.  They aren't real orphans - just abandoned by their birth parents.

And before somebody says there are kids here who need help - that's a cop-out.  There are kids everywhere who need help; none better than any others, regardless of where they are.

There are hundreds of private charities like this one, here and abroad.  We don't hear much about them because they are more interested in the good works they do rather than publicity.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 07/09/10 at 14:22:37

one of the reasons there's so much support for govt intervention is because private charities don't advertise or promote themselves to get the recognition they deserve.

and there are people like me, who will die or be homeless before I ever ask for help from anyone, even friends. I'll consider myself a failure as a human being and . . . well, that's that.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #35 - 07/09/10 at 14:36:21

Any charities is like any thing else in this country theirs people who skim    off the top 10% goes to the cause 90% to pay for the crooks that run it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #36 - 07/09/10 at 14:44:22

bill67 wrote on 07/09/10 at 14:36:21:
 Any charities is like any thing else in this country theirs people who skim    off the top 10% goes to the cause 90% to pay for the crooks that run it.

Bill it's kinda like the guy who won a hundred million $, his wife said ,"honey what will we do with all the begging letters ?" the husband says " keep sending them,you never know" .

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #37 - 07/15/10 at 08:04:13

WATCH IT.

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Reply #38 - 07/15/10 at 08:16:27

For more videos from RSA go here:

http://comment.rsablogs.org.uk/videos/

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #39 - 07/16/10 at 14:48:20

Yahoo headline today "America no longer the land of oppertunity"
it is now "The land of unemployment".
Even if we wanted to help the cause by buying American,it cant be done ,Although I did manage to find a very nice pocket knife made in USA the make was "Sod Buster" but you really have to look hard.,make's me fu*king sick, that godam sh1t from china is just that,SH1T.
have you noticed how much better things are if you are lucky enough to find some thing made in the good old US of A,it was the same in England,I don't even know if you can still buy Shefield Steel any more
Britain was once a great nation making some of the best stuff in the world,.like tools,shoes,clothing,I could go on all day.All gone now,,,boo hoo.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #40 - 07/16/10 at 19:22:04

Mick other than a few guitars, I cant think of anything I own made in USA. I have a pickup truck with an American nameplate but I suspect 75% of it was probably made overseas. One of the smartest men thats ever walked the face of this earth tells it like it really is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI&feature=related

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #41 - 07/16/10 at 22:13:04

Midnightrider wrote on 07/16/10 at 19:22:04:
Mick other than a few guitars, I cant think of anything I own made in USA. I have a pickup truck with an American nameplate but I suspect 75% of it was probably made overseas. One of the smartest men thats ever walked the face of this earth tells it like it really is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI&feature=related

very true Midnight, I loved George Carlin,I' would be supprised if any one here likes him because he was an athiest.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Reply #42 - 07/17/10 at 02:10:14

Miss ya George!

(lifelong fan and saw him live in 2008!)

Now keep your eyes peeled for PATRICK CARLIN,
Georges 'wiser' older brother (according to george)
I heard somewhere he was cooking something up
with consultant and author Gerald Celente, if I hear
anything I'll let you know, meanwhile check Celentes,
Trends Research website here (good site):
http://www.trendsresearch.com/forecast.html  

GC, 1986 - Stuff

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #43 - 07/17/10 at 04:54:55

Celente is a regular guest on Alex Jones. He made a study of the things that boggled the minds of most people & got rich because of it. I listen to what that man says.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #44 - 07/17/10 at 22:40:30

Here's a point that confuses me...
Quote:
33,000,000,000 are the number of dollars the GOP doesn’t want to spend on an unemployment extension.  The GOP wants the unemployment to rise so they can use that number to embarrass the Democrats seeking reelection this November.

So the GOP doesn't want to pay the extension and wants unemployment to rise.  Does that make sense?  Don't they track unemployment by those on benefits?  And if they are not on benefits, don't they try a lot harder to get a job?

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 16:53:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › So, America is the land of opportunity?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.