Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
More excitment than I was wanting. (Read 412 times)
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: More excitment than I was wanting.
Reply #30 - 06/14/10 at 14:52:59

Now that is a snaaaake!  I like the snarf stick that picks up the snake though, it does away with the possibility of a bite.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #31 - 06/14/10 at 17:48:52

When I was a kid my dad had a black indigo racer about six feet long. Real pretty snake with a red/orange belly and shiny black back. The thing was pretty tame and would just wrap around my arm when watching TV. I was never was scared of snakes but they still make me jump when they slither across the path in front of me. Haven't come across any poisonous snakes here in Florida yet but plan to keep well out of the way of any that I might see.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #32 - 06/14/10 at 18:20:30

Not a big snake fan myself.  I won't go outta my way to harrass them, but they better stay the he!! way from me! Shocked  
Growing up we had mostly bull snakes and garter snakes (neat stripes!), but some other varieties.  Rattlers along the rivers, water moccasins farther south, hognose snakes (poisonous, but their teeth are farther back in their throat, hard to get bit), what everyone called a "sand viper", don't know if they were poisonous, but they had the arrow shaped head, and what Dad called a blue racer, not sure if it was the same as what you were talking about Ed, but I know those little suckers could move!

My great aunt used to be death on snakes.  She had her husband sharpen her garden hoe, and if she ever saw one... chop chop chop!  Biggest one was a bullsnake, over 6' long, minus 3" or so behind his head! Shocked

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #33 - 06/14/10 at 19:00:53

Bill, I practilly grew up in the northern tip of Wisconsin (Bayfield Country.)

What the heck is a snow snake??? Never heard of one???

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #34 - 06/14/10 at 19:33:29

Babyhog, I believe what you had was a kingsnake. http://www.gotreptilesonline.com/king-snake-pictures-breeders-babies/pictures...
They eat other snakes (including poisonous ones) and can easily grow to 5 ft and longer. I used to kill them until I worked on my uncle's farm one year. He told me to leave them alone around his place, it was the biggest reason he didn't have copperheads around the farmhouse!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #35 - 06/15/10 at 01:10:58

Ive woke up with a hangover and a couple snakes in my bed before

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 06/15/10 at 01:24:53

So, tonite at about 12:30, I needed to go out to the shop to make a little tool. Heading back in, I had a 22 pistol Id worked on earlier. Didnt like the front sight, so filed it off & rebuilt it with a piece of hard wire. When I opened the door to leave I saw a Fat mocassin, scootin on across the path to the house. Grabbed a flashlight & a hooked wire to drag the wood back that it had gone behind. Only had to pull 2 board before it came out, heading on toward the pond. I couldnt see the sights at all, but I could see that blasted snake pretty well, thanks to the big lite the power company put up on the pole. The pole was to the right front of me, not behind me, so the sights were no good for me. From about 6 feet, pointed & pulled the trigger. The right side of his head went all to pieces & the bullet went on & hit him in the body about 5 inches back, too. It turned & took off. I thjot Id missed & was lining up for another shot, as it was headed up a small rise & back into the wood ( building materials to finish the chicken pen up with). It stopped & started sliding back down. Grabbed it w/ the hooked wire I moved things with & went & got the family. They were headed out anyway, because of the shot. My SIL & I hacked its head off w/ a machette. He's planning on skinning the stanky thing tomorrow. Well, later today, I guess, since its almost 3:30 now..
So, who wants to come visit us out in the boonies? I have a big tent for visitors,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #37 - 06/15/10 at 03:27:19

poor little critter - the back 1/3 fries up pretty good -  beer batter and tatar sauce....

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #38 - 06/15/10 at 06:32:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/15/10 at 01:24:53:
So, tonite at about 12:30, I needed to go out to the shop to make a little tool. Heading back in, I had a 22 pistol Id worked on earlier. Didnt like the front sight, so filed it off & rebuilt it with a piece of hard wire. When I opened the door to leave I saw a Fat mocassin, scootin on across the path to the house. Grabbed a flashlight & a hooked wire to drag the wood back that it had gone behind. Only had to pull 2 board before it came out, heading on toward the pond. I couldnt see the sights at all, but I could see that blasted snake pretty well, thanks to the big lite the power company put up on the pole. The pole was to the right front of me, not behind me, so the sights were no good for me. From about 6 feet, pointed & pulled the trigger. The right side of his head went all to pieces & the bullet went on & hit him in the body about 5 inches back, too. It turned & took off. I thjot Id missed & was lining up for another shot, as it was headed up a small rise & back into the wood ( building materials to finish the chicken pen up with). It stopped & started sliding back down. Grabbed it w/ the hooked wire I moved things with & went & got the family. They were headed out anyway, because of the shot. My SIL & I hacked its head off w/ a machette. He's planning on skinning the stanky thing tomorrow. Well, later today, I guess, since its almost 3:30 now..
So, who wants to come visit us out in the boonies? I have a big tent for visitors,,

Hey everybody, let's party at Justin's!  Just be sure to bring your guns, machettes, and hoes!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #39 - 06/15/10 at 06:36:33

I done know about the guns and knifes but I could bring a lot of hoes.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #40 - 06/15/10 at 06:48:22

LAUGHING.... Grin Grin Grin   I figured it wouldn't take someone long to offer to bring the hoe's...

As long as someone is sleeping outside the tent with a shotgun or machette I would camp out there. Otherwise, thanks but no thanks.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 06/15/10 at 08:16:38

Reelthing wrote on 06/15/10 at 03:27:19:
poor little critter - the back 1/3 fries up pretty good -  beer batter and tatar sauce....

A moccassin? Man they stank..But, that beer batter you make IS exceptional. Mite could hide an old tennis shoe in that stuff & still think it tastes good.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #42 - 06/15/10 at 09:34:46

Phelonius wrote on 06/12/10 at 16:19:35:
bill67 wrote on 06/12/10 at 15:52:22:
You know you can take a small snake and put it in a jar,Put some air holes in the top,Put it in the refrigerator it will hibernate and not move any time you take it out and it warms up it will move again I did that when I was a kid,It might of been in the freezer I don't remember for sure.You can leave it in there for weeks it does the same thing.

And all that time the snake is thinking, "I want to bite the hands that freeze me."

ROFLOL !!!!!

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 06/15/10 at 09:37:09

A snow snake is the most dangerous snake in the north.  On ski trails they will loop over a ski and break your leg. Then they crawl up your a$$  and freeze you to death.

Phelonius Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Phelonius
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #44 - 06/19/10 at 00:34:41

Why start another thread?
I got me some real excitement today. My wife needed a container for birdseed, to feed the little birds. I had set it on the cab of the pickup. I was close & walked quickly toward it, raising my arm quickly to grab it. I dont move slow when Im feelin okay & I was moving way too quick for what was close to me that I didnt see. There is a red wasp nest in an old birdhouse, close to the pickup. As I reached, I heard a wasps wing in full swing. I knew I was under attack & brought the hand back, & slapped the crappola outta that thing, almost as soon as it hit me, but HIt me it did, in the head, just aft of the forehead, on the right side, about at the part line, if ya part that side. Went in the ouse & put some ninegar on  it. It didnt hut very bad, just an anoyance, really, Ohh, but the swelling,, holy crap, Ive never swollen up like this from anything. Its the 3rd or 4th red wasp hit Ive had in the 4+ years weve been here. So far, every one has been my fault. But, man, Im tellin ya, my head had about a 4 or 5 square inch swollen spot, & then, the thing started sinking down, down my forehead, till my eyelid was drooping, then it went on down, till I have a "mouse" under my eye, like a boxer who has been pupped in the eye a few times. Still sore to the touch up high, but all around the eye is fat & fluffy.
Watch how ya act around thse things, they will decide you are a danger to them if you move at them too quickly. I went back & grabbed a couple things I had left near the nest b4 I got hit. I walked up easy & knelt down, watching the guard that was posted in the door. It watched me & decided I was still a threat, since I was picking things up & it came at me, just as I got done grabbing things & stepping back a step. It stopped & hovered & went back to i9ts post. I was pleased,, ohh yes I was verfy pleased to see that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 18:37:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › More excitment than I was wanting.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.