Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
More excitment than I was wanting. (Read 412 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: More excitment than I was wanting.
Reply #15 - 06/12/10 at 19:23:53

Well makes no difference what kind they are.. I don't like em...

Ok so here is a cute true story.

Going back to when my kids were in Jr.High. Didn't have alot of money, son lost his history book. Well to replace they charge new price even though book was in used condition. We looked everywhere. One aftenoon him and his sister come strolling into the yard after school.
Mommm got something for ya... Do you see where this is heading?
Long story short,, I thought immediately he had found the missing book.. I put my hands out, with closed eyes.. I realized it wasn't a book even before I opened my eyes.. The lil buggers had placed a dead snake over my hands.
I never gave them the satisfaction of screaming or running away. I simply turned my hands over and let it drop to the ground..Then slowly walked back into the house. Never said a word to them.
Later telling their Dad what had transpired, he said he would have spanked their butts.. I said Ohhh I did better.. I never gave any response. Had I let on they would have seen from then on how many snakes they could scare me with..
They would have both been so pleased to know I was creeped out for awhile...

Yet that is one snake story which I hope I never forget as I get older. As to this day I can see them coming into the yard Mommmm and I smile.. Smiley

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #16 - 06/12/10 at 19:43:32

Cute story! Gotta love those memories...

Kinda sneaky though, with all the child psychology trickery going on... LoL

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #17 - 06/12/10 at 19:52:41

Well majored in my own kind of "child phychology". Seemed to work at least on them when I needed it to...haha

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 06/12/10 at 20:23:20

I'd be looking for a Big "get even"..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 06/12/10 at 21:57:25

yes, I'm still waiting for you to drop the other shoe.

WWW   IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 06/13/10 at 15:38:07

verslagen1 wrote on 06/12/10 at 21:57:25:
yes, I'm still waiting for you to drop the other shoe.

Would that be the one with the scorpion in it?

Phelonius
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #21 - 06/14/10 at 09:56:48

Another snake story...

Last summer, I was sitting in my living room, and noticed my MinPin looking toward our entryway.  He had that kinda "what the heck is that" look, tilting his head back and forth.  I got up to look, just in time to see a big black snake slithering down my hallway!  I live in a mid-entry home.  Doggie door next to the front door.  The garage comes in from the basement and the doggie door is on the mid level.  I didn't think snakes could climb stairs, but this one did... it either got into the garage, and up the stairs, or through the doggie door!!  

The bad part about the story is that I was home alone.  Ran back into the living room, jumped up on the hearth (alot of good that would do...) Called hubby, but he was transporting a tractor across the mountain and was at least an hour from getting home.  I looked out the front window.  Luckily neighbor's truck was home.  Called and told him come get this darn thing outta my house!  

Since the hallway was dark, I couldn't tell if it went under a closet door, into the bathroom, or worse - into my bedroom!  Neighbor checked the bathroom first, as the door was open.  Then opened the closet door, and there the thing was, all coiled up.  He had brought a hoe with him, so he dragged it out.  I screamed "whack it"...  while he's trying to chase it out the back door.  Got it out on the back deck and he finally killed it.  Later he told me he didn't want to tear up my floor.... It was about 5 feet long.  Gives me the creeps to even look at the pictures again....  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #22 - 06/14/10 at 10:38:47

Hey Piglet, nice of your neighbor to come to your rescue. Hopefully you made him a  nice pie or some brownies. Those are the kind of neighbors I like.  Smiley

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 06/14/10 at 10:39:00

Looks like a bull snake. If so , it would npt have bitten you even if you were right next to it. If you stepped on it, it might but is non venomous.

The primarily eat mice , rats , and squirls, and such, one in a while a cute bird.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #24 - 06/14/10 at 10:52:01

Phelonius wrote on 06/14/10 at 10:39:00:
Looks like a bull snake. If so , it would npt have bitten you even if you were right next to it. If you stepped on it, it might but is non venomous.

The primarily eat mice , rats , and squirls, and such, one in a while a cute bird.

Phelonius

We think it was a common black snake.  Bull snake maybe.  And thanks, but poisonous or not, they just scare me.  Dead is better, IMO.  But I wouldn't be as scared if it happened again.  Haven't had any more in the house, and haven't even seen any more around, except for one little tiny one.  I don't know where this big sucker came from.  It was odd.  We have several squirrels around, but I've never seen a rat or mouse where I live, or even evidence of one.  I'd like to keep it that way!  I did see 3 deer walk across my back yard a couple of weeks ago...

And Kimmy, I gave him a beer!   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 06/14/10 at 12:45:32

babyhog wrote on 06/14/10 at 10:52:01:

Phelonius

We think it was a common black snake.  Bull snake maybe.  And thanks, but poisonous or not, they just scare me.  Dead is better, IMO.  But I wouldn't be as scared if it happened again.  Haven't had any more in the house, and haven't even seen any more around, except for one little tiny one.  I don't know where this big sucker came from.  It was odd.  We have several squirrels around, but I've never seen a rat or mouse where I live, or even evidence of one.  I'd like to keep it that way!  I did see 3 deer walk across my back yard a couple of weeks ago...

Now a black snake is a testy fellow and will bite with little provocation.  Not poisonous but it smarts and can get infected cause snakes don't brush after every meal.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #26 - 06/14/10 at 12:58:52

Phelonius wrote on 06/14/10 at 12:45:32:
babyhog wrote on 06/14/10 at 10:52:01:

Phelonius

Now a black snake is a testy fellow and will bite with little provocation.  Not poisonous but it smarts and can get infected cause snakes don't brush after every meal.

Phelonius

Well cripes, man, which one is it?  Sounds like I need to know!   Here's a closeup... and another pic, with my neighbor, the hero...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #27 - 06/14/10 at 13:06:06

That snake makes your Rottweiler look puny!... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 06/14/10 at 13:26:17

The MinPin deserved a big steak too.  After all he's the one that said WTF is that.

WWW   IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #29 - 06/14/10 at 13:45:38

I heard they taste like chicken, but more tender.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 19:16:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › More excitment than I was wanting.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.