Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Can't stop splitting lanes! (Read 418 times)
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Re: Can't stop splitting lanes!
Reply #30 - 10/06/10 at 02:32:45

Not necessarily because it's illegal, mostly because I'm just not comfortable doing it.  It all boils down to some words of wisdom my Mom gave me when I was learning to drive (at about 12 years old  Cheesy), "don't drive any faster than you feel safe".  That also applies to most of my other driving and riding habits.  If I don't feel safe doing it, I don't.  That's doesn't mean I don't approve of splitting by any means, I just don't have the nerves for it! Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #31 - 10/10/10 at 07:26:50

My brother in law used to race motocross and flat track when he was a teen. He was pretty good at it but couldn't get it through his head that a busy 4-lane was not a track. They pulled him out from under the rear of cars four times before he learned that lesson. He got busted up enough so that now at age 54 he has a bad back, shoulder, hand and legs giving him constant problems. Not worth saving a few minutes IMHO.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #32 - 10/14/10 at 10:08:31

Down here lane splitting and weaving are normal... I just try to avoid it at speed, and only do it when traffic is really slow or just jammed...

Mirrors are a nice trophy when cagers think riders are disposable...

RW

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 22:28:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › Can't stop splitting lanes!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.