Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 120
Send Topic Print
Scavenger Hunt anyone? (Read 25883 times)
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: Scavenger Hunt anyone?
Reply #1200 - 04/10/12 at 11:07:16

youzguyz wrote on 04/10/12 at 08:54:37:
I am easily confused.  Do you mean I have to post a picture that combines TWO challenges in a row?  Huh

Goodness no!  Grin  Just find ANY previous challenge with something you find interesting in the same shot, and make that interesting thing the new challenge.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #1201 - 04/10/12 at 13:13:05

from the list on page 1 there are only 4 things we could not did not find - and I am not sure how far over 100 we are now - BH needs to update the list......of those 4 unfound things 2 might be findable this time of year motorcycle cop & at a BBQ (cook-out, weeny roast, etc)

I will be all over this if someone does not beat me to the ANY previous challenge with something else in the picture first.....you all have been given fair warning - I am in this starting this weekend - Git R Done!

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #1202 - 04/11/12 at 06:19:45

I say keep it. I suspect once spring starts taking it's business seriously, more people will be out and about on two wheels and this thread will pick back up. Huh

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1203 - 04/11/12 at 07:37:16

I agree, keep it for a while, and see if we get more joiners once riding season is in more full swing.  I rode for a couple of weeks, now it has been cold for a couple of weeks.  If we don't get much activity by mid-summer, then we can un-sticky it.  << sniff, sniff... >>  Sad

** Oh, and I finally updated the list on Page 1.  Sorry, I've been lazy...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #1204 - 04/13/12 at 08:46:55

well - i said i would be on it this weekend - and i might but it will be my last hunt as a savage rider - bought an 03 Shadow picking it up Monday. I would love to continue to hunt as long as no one minds if the bike in the picture is not a Savage.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1205 - 04/13/12 at 12:45:19

Beautiful bike!  We've always said it doesn't matter what you ride, so please stay with us....

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1206 - 04/14/12 at 17:05:32

I'm not sure what we are looking for, but this caught my eye today.  Just another day in paradise!!!

Look at the top of the arch..

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1207 - 04/15/12 at 19:10:54

Pretty pic youzguyz, I would count that as something "cowboy"??  But then what's the new challenge? Find a nice stone wall or elaborate entryway?  

Was looking at the old list, I hope we get some new players this season. A few names on the list don't seem to join us anymore.  What happened to Paladin? And doc? And several others.  

I finally went for a nice ride with Hubby this evening.  Was so happy to be riding, didn't even stop for pics lol

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1208 - 04/16/12 at 07:03:57

babyhog wrote on 04/15/12 at 19:10:54:
Pretty pic youzguyz, I would count that as something "cowboy"??  But then what's the new challenge? Find a nice stone wall or elaborate entryway?  

Was looking at the old list, I hope we get some new players this season. A few names on the list don't seem to join us anymore.  What happened to Paladin? And doc? And several others.  

I finally went for a nice ride with Hubby this evening.  Was so happy to be riding, didn't even stop for pics lol

I didn't realize I was suppose to come up with a challenge.  But.. so be it.  Go forth and find me an elaborate entryway.  Must be nicer than the one in my picture.

(I was considering asking for a sign that contained the title to a song.. but.. keep it simple for now!)

Go forth.. find.. post.. be famous!   Grin

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #1209 - 04/26/12 at 04:58:24

"What happened to Paladin? And doc? And several others. "

To the best of my understanding, Paladin "retired" from the Forum (he may lurk but I haven't read a post in a looong time)

as did Mick, the Brit who lives in Oregon.

NO !!! Not this Mick Savage, THIS Mick !

Friends insist HE LIVETH ! but I haven't heard from him, either. Undecided

I remember SavageWahine from Hawaii, who doesn't post any more (no pic, sorry) and Phelonius with his sidecar-equipped Savage.

SavageDML is a good friend who perhaps lurks but hasn't posted once in the last 2 years  Undecided

May I say that a good half of "the Old Guard" (i.e., high mileage posters back in 2006 when I bought my Savage) has retired.

Undecided Embarrassed Lips Sealed

Pity, they were great fun to read, and wise too.  Undecided

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #1210 - 04/26/12 at 05:01:40

Sorry ! Forgot about the Doc !

I assume you mean Doc Needles (as in "Needles on Route 66"  Wink )

Doc Needles hasn't posted once in the last year...  Sad

As for "Doc Savage", He's only registered on April 4th, so I assume he's still a relative newbie  Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #1211 - 04/26/12 at 05:02:55

PHELONIUS ON THE PROWL ...  Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #1212 - 04/26/12 at 05:19:33

babyhog wrote on 04/15/12 at 19:10:54:

I check this every so often, but have been swamped here with first one thing then another.  I still ride, but have no time to look for pretty arches or cowboy things that are not going to jump out in front of me.  it was great fun and maybe some new blood will jump in.  Maybe now that the weather has broke, kinda.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #1213 - 04/26/12 at 07:38:11

Ditto that.

I ride out for work at 7 a.m., in the kind of strangling traffic that requires 45 minutes for me to ride the 12Km (=8 miles) to work.

In the afternoon it's even worse.  Sad

Not that one can whip out the camera while commuting "Oh, look! A pink elephant!"

On weekends one often does not haver the time to go out "treasure hunting"...

The pics I posted on my Savage and the sign with city limits was one rare, lucky break,.

I may get one every once in a while, but...

I would like to suggest that "Stuff" to go look for be posted early every Monday, and if there's nothing posted by Friday or Saturday,
let's just accept the fact that it was either too hard or unlikely to be found, and let's go on to a new item to look for.

Were it for me, I'd like to suggest ... an angel (how does that sound?)
Possibly a statue of an angel NOT in a cemetery.
OR
If the item to look for is gates, BIG Majestic pearly gates, not just a fence with an entrance in it.

Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1214 - 04/26/12 at 10:30:02

mpescatori wrote on 04/26/12 at 07:38:11:
I would like to suggest that "Stuff" to go look for be posted early every Monday, and if there's nothing posted by Friday or Saturday,
let's just accept the fact that it was either too hard or unlikely to be found, and let's go on to a new item to look for.

HUH?? Monday to Friday only???  Let's at least give them a full week so they have a weekend to go look!!  Cheesy

My current one has gone a week and a bit.  If nobody "scores" by Monday, then you, mpescatori, will get to pick the new challenge.

(Sounds fair to me..)

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 120
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 06:42:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scavenger Hunt anyone?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.