Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What to expect in cold weather? (Read 312 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: What to expect in cold weather?
Reply #15 - 11/11/09 at 21:13:08

There would be no reason to not try adjusting the idle speed. That is an owner operator service, that in no way would affect the warranty, and hopefully would save a trip to the dealer.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
SianLogic
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 11/11/09 at 23:31:08

Thanks for all the advice guys.  I am going to take it back to the dealer and let them resolve the issue.  Since it's still under warranty, this will be easier for me than messing with adjustments myself.  I'm better with computers than I am with engines.  

Thanks!

SianLogic

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #17 - 11/12/09 at 14:36:05

Change, this will..may the force be with you. Wink

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #18 - 11/13/09 at 12:55:57

I'd just like to add one comment about higher octane gas or not.  IF you decide to use higher octane, make sure that the station where you buy it sells enough of it that what you are buying is not stale.  I used to use the supreme stuff until I asked the station attendant if they sell alot of supreme and he said no, hardly ever!  So if no one buys it, do they replace it when they come to fill up the "regular" gas?  I have no clue.  I started using Regular and have had no ill effects.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 11/13/09 at 14:36:31

Excellent point.  I've read various estimates, but most of what Ive read says gas starts to lose its octane rating after sitting 60 days.  I'll bet  premium sits longer than that in the underground gas station tanks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 18:43:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What to expect in cold weather?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.