Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 38
Send Topic Print
Ed L. Forward Controls (Read 25187 times)
Seth C.

Tucson, AZ
Re: Ed L. Forward Controls
Reply #360 - 04/29/15 at 09:05:44

Hello all, is there a link to, or does anyone have step by step installation instructions WITH PHOTOS? I have the original paper (typed) instructions and the cd that was sent with the controls but it only has 12 somewhat vague images on it.  Undecided I know most of you can probably snap these things on like legos and I DO have confidence in my own skills but this is kinda of a major project and I wanna have a clear path in front of me before I dig in.

Thank you for any information you can provide!  Cheesy

2001 Suzuki Savage LS650
WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #361 - 04/29/15 at 09:45:25

Sorry about the "vague" images on the CD, I took them while installing a set on my bike and also included pictures of the kit as a mockup which shows it assembled off a bike, it should be pretty straight forward. What don't you understand, I'll am more than happy to help with any questions you may have.
Thanks
Ed

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Seth C.

Tucson, AZ
Reply #362 - 04/29/15 at 09:50:13

Ed L. wrote on 04/29/15 at 09:45:25:
Sorry about the "vague" images on the CD, I took them while installing a set on my bike and also included pictures of the kit as a mockup which shows it assembled off a bike, it should be pretty straight forward. What don't you understand, I'll am more than happy to help with any questions you may have.
Thanks
Ed

It wasn't meant as an insult in any way Ed. I'm just nervous about digging in. If you say it's pretty straight forward then I will just change my panties, put my man pants back on and get to it. I'll post again if I have issues.

Thank for the reply!  Smiley

2001 Suzuki Savage LS650
WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #363 - 04/29/15 at 12:50:38

Hey, no problem, just got some bad news about one of my dogs and am  little snappy. Putting the kit on is a big job and I understand how nervous people get doing something for the first time on thier bike. Should of seen me the first time I rejetted the carb, took me all day.
 I just wanted to find out how to make the instructions and pictures better for the next batch. I can't improve the kits without feedback as painful as it might be. They have been through a lot of changes since I put the set on my bike.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
parttimepicker
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #364 - 05/11/15 at 13:43:37

Ed L., do you still make these forward controls? I recently purchased a 2000 LS650 Savage and would like to get a set of forward controls. I'm 5'11" and it's just a bit cramped the way it is.

IP Logged
parttimepicker
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Forward controls
Reply #365 - 05/11/15 at 13:59:53

Oh well, I'm a newbie on here. When I posted, it took me to the last page and I can see that you evidently still make them. If you would let me know when I can order a set of the 4" ones, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #366 - 05/13/15 at 18:32:51

Parttimepicker,
Just sold my last 4 incher and am getting ready to make a small production run. It will take about a week to get them together. I'll let you know when they are ready.

IP Logged
JDall14
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #367 - 05/19/15 at 07:56:07

Ed L I'm looking for 4" to 6" whatever you may have available for my 2005 Suzuki S40 can you tell me how much and PM me back or email me at Jlei3053@gmail.com I'm looking to buy asap

IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #368 - 05/23/15 at 18:41:59

Hey Ed, I'm new 'round these parts but am just in love with my new '03 LS650 Savage. I've been checking out this entire thread and I must say, and an engineer myself (Electronics) that you have made an incredible product that fit a very serious need. Kudos to you for your ingenuity!

I'm 5' 10 and a smidge and got some new handlebars to eliminate MOST of my crunching issues...this bike will probably see 500-600 miles a year (I bought it to re-learn after 30 yrs away from bikes) so I am not really concerned about long rides. What this mod ALSO does however, is make it a whole lot easier for us taller guys to find the pegs. I find myself constantly having to "search" for the LH peg when I start out because it's a bit too far back.

I'd love a set of 4" if you are making a new batch. I'd even be willing to send you a money order in advance if that would help.

Once again, great work!

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #369 - 05/25/15 at 18:09:06

Parttimepicker, check your PMs, info  sent.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #370 - 05/25/15 at 18:14:12

Boogie with Stu and JDall14,
 Need to order some more aluminum plate before making the next batch. It will take two weeks to get some cut out and ready. Going to make four 4 inchers and two 5 inchers this time.

IP Logged
Minitbash
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #371 - 06/01/15 at 11:52:53

I want to order some of your 5" forward control adapters.

IP Logged
Wags
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #372 - 06/18/15 at 16:01:25

Hi Ed. Just got a '87 650 and joined this site and I'm hearing good things about your extended controls. Wondering if you could make me up a set? I'm 6'-1" so don't know what length they would need to be. Thank you. Dave

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #373 - 06/19/15 at 18:31:26

Started another batch of 4 and 5 inchers and will post when theya re ready. In the middle of a 95 degree plus heat wave and the shop gets over 100 by early afternoon. Only good for a few hours before I start melting.

IP Logged
Wags
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #374 - 06/21/15 at 15:18:59

Hi Ed. Being 6'-1" tall I don't know if I'll need 4' or 5" controls. I'll let you be the judge of that. When you get the next batch done save a set for me! E mail me at Dwagner@strbk.com with a price plus shipping to South Fork, Pa. 15956 and I'll send a money order.
Thank you. Dave

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 38
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 21:53:06

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Ed L. Forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.