Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 38
Send Topic Print
Ed L. Forward Controls (Read 25187 times)
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Ed L. Forward Controls
Reply #375 - 06/21/15 at 19:16:21

Wags, no problem. At 6'1" a4 incher will work just fine for you. Got the aluminum work done, just need to make the linkage and brackets.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Wags
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #376 - 06/25/15 at 15:26:43

Thanks Ed! looking forward to them!

IP Logged
GridMonkey

Albany NY
Reply #377 - 06/29/15 at 07:27:28

Finally got them on there. After them sitting for most of last summer and not having access to the bike in the winter, i put them on a few days ago. Learned some things.

1 If you put your bike on a plywood box to get it off the ground, you have to take your exhaust off to get to those little clamp bolts for the break line/cable.
2 If your exhaust falls off after you take the motor bolts out, you might have 1 bolt missing and 1 bolt missing its head from the muffler mount........
3 That solves the random squeaking you couldn't tell where the hell it was coming from. Grin

All in all it was pretty easy once i got into the groove of it. Took the time to wrap my header/pipe with a V&H wrap while it was off and that eliminated the need to relocate the heat shield.

Took a 370 mile round trip between then and now and i'm sure glad i put them on before i did. Much less sore in my legs than i had been on a shorter trip previously.

Thanks for a great product!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #378 - 07/10/15 at 15:49:16

Glad they worked out. I've spent a lot of time on thier design.
Just finished a batch of 4 inchers. post or pm me if interested

« Last Edit: 07/13/15 at 11:05:34 by Ed L. »  

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Wags
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #379 - 07/16/15 at 05:02:56

Hi Ed. I still want a set of your 4" forward controls. Can you send a price with shipping to dwagner@strbk.com. I live in South Fork Pa. 15956. Thanks Ed!

IP Logged
Matt_greatlakesstate

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Midland, MI
Reply #380 - 07/17/15 at 09:58:17

hey Ed just wondering what the price is for the 4" ext controls that you just made up? thanks

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #381 - 07/17/15 at 10:33:54

I'm asking $135.00 for a 4 incher and it includes shipping to the lower 48 states using prepaid priority flat rate mail. The kit has everything needed for the installation, stainless hardware, the plates made outof 6061 1/4 inch aluminum, a longer heavier duty shift rod, instructions and some brackets for the rear brake cable.

IP Logged
Volpstar
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Reply #382 - 07/28/15 at 11:01:04

How many sets do you have left? I'm very interested but don't think I can afford a 4" set for another week or 3.

2001 LS650

Raptor petcock.
K&N filter + Dyna exhaust.
WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #383 - 07/30/15 at 15:41:36

Volpar, Still have some 4 inchers left and have another batch cut out and waiting to be drilled and cleaned up.

IP Logged
GridMonkey

Albany NY
Reply #384 - 08/08/15 at 22:00:23

Hey,
So this isn't your fault, but a note of caution. If you have your header wrapped and you put on these forward controls, you should round over the edges of the right plate. The vibration has caused the edges of mine, not rounded over, to cut through the fiberglass wrap on my header. This may not happen in all cases of course but i thought a heads up could be useful.

Still love them, will have to find time to round them over soon.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #385 - 08/09/15 at 07:50:33

GridM,
 Would grinding that edge back take care of the problem? How much needs to get removed? Just asking so I can make a change in the template for the next batch.
Thanks

IP Logged
GridMonkey

Albany NY
Reply #386 - 08/09/15 at 18:45:38

I think just a simple half round over would do it. I took some pictures so i could get a better idea of what happened and it looks like the inside edge on the upper portion of the slope is what did the cutting.

(Pic taken from above/in front looking down the slope camera just under the down tube)

You might be able to just make the plate a bit smaller on that edge as well, seems like there is enough meat on the plate to hold, your call though, im not a structural guy.

I plan to take off maybe 3/16ths or so with a band saw at work, but im not sure when that will be, when i do ill send another pic your way to show you the clearance on it, unless you've made your mod already.

Luke

IP Logged
russ
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bridgeport Ohio
Reply #387 - 09/05/15 at 04:19:32

would like to get a set . so , whats next ?

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #388 - 09/05/15 at 06:12:18

Russ,
 Still have a 4 inch set for $135.00 or a 5 incher for $145.00.
e-mail me at edlutman@yahoo.com if interested.

IP Logged
dshort1
Ex Member

Reply #389 - 10/10/15 at 23:58:05

Ed L. wrote on 09/05/15 at 06:12:18:
Russ,
 Still have a 4 inch set for $135.00 or a 5 incher for $145.00.
e-mail me at edlutman@yahoo.com if interested.

Hey Ed,

I'm interested in picking up a set of your forward controls for my '04 ls650.

What length extension (4", 5", or...?) would work "best" for a 5'9" guy with a 32" inseam?   I like a decent stretch, but not a fully locked out knee.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 38
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 18:27:47

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Ed L. Forward Controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.