Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41222 times)
CarnivalOfRust
YaBB Newbies

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2085 - 08/19/16 at 20:42:41

Hello all! Made my first post today so I figured I better introduce myself. It's my Dads fault I have a Savage, he picked up a Boulevard in trade and insisted I ride it, got his lawnmower gas can and topped it off and said "Don't come back without a smile on your face." I was grinning from ear to ear the entire time! Dad has had all sorts of motorcycles since high school, including an old BSA which has been unsiezed with Coca Cola numerous times. Cheesy When I got home from visiting him I hit Craigslist and watched it for Savages several times a day. I found mine one morning and had it home that night, $750 for a 96, said not to run and the previous owner had it running when I first laid eyes on it. I would have been happy with it not running but $750 for a running bike seemed like a deal to me.

I've had experience all my life with cars, trucks, dirt bikes and ATVs but street is new to me. I'm not afraid to dive into the transmissions of these things, and I always figured they were the most complex part so I guess I can tackle bike maintenance from stem to stern. Maybe my experience can help someone here, more likely the forum will be helping me, but anyway, hello!

IP Logged
Dagillespi

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NW Pennsylvania
Reply #2086 - 08/25/16 at 15:21:53

Hi all I'm from NW Pennsylvania. I bought my savage on June 26th, and I've put 3200 miles on it since then. Love the bike goal is to roll the odometer over to 0 before it retires. I've been riding for nine years on the road on and off, and dirt bikes before that. Glad to meet you all.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2087 - 08/26/16 at 07:57:43

Welcome folks!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2088 - 08/26/16 at 13:03:16

Dagillespi, I was trying to figure out if your name was some form of DILLIGAF!  Grin  I guess not!

Welcome!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dagillespi

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NW Pennsylvania
Reply #2089 - 08/26/16 at 15:42:35

Ha it's Gillespie the dagillespi is a username for work lol. Thanks for the welcome.

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2090 - 08/26/16 at 18:45:35

I read that last night and spent 10 minutes trying to figure it out. I must've been tired!  Grin

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dagillespi

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NW Pennsylvania
Reply #2091 - 08/29/16 at 10:05:02

Funny part is I'd never heard that before once I looked it up though I had a good laugh.

IP Logged
CenTexS40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2092 - 08/31/16 at 09:02:29

Hello Everybody,
  New member, first post.  Picked up a 2005 S40 off of Craigslist a few months back.  Just rode it round trip from central Texas to Sturgis SD and Wyoming.  Put 2500 miles on it in 6 days, it performed flawlessly and was actually not to uncomfortable.  Great bike.

CenTexS40

IMG_2909__1472658916_98_17_102_245.jpg
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #2093 - 08/31/16 at 10:42:40

Tex,

I like your auxiliary fuel tank.

I would like to mount one of the spun aluminum tanks on the back when I take my next trip.

That is a lot of riding your about ready for an IronAss Award.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Reeves
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Czech  Republic
Reply #2094 - 09/14/16 at 14:34:29

Hi Im from Czech repbulic, so excuse my english. This forum is so great and already helped me with some mods that i have done to my Savage. She is ol girl but in very good shape. 1992 4speeder but when i bought her she had only 2300km on the clock. All was original - tires(checked by number),tools, paint, engine sealing ( no red goo under head..)etc.  I even scratch warning label on the tank. The only one issue is a some ding on tank.
Mods already done: rejet carb, KN drop in filter, Marving muffler (pretty quiet but seems to flow very well) Biltwel high tracker bars and recoil grips (super comfortable but wear off super fast...) Changed starter gear for torque limiter, reinforced brake hose, lifted seat, sidemounted 7 inch big headlight, fork boots.
Mods planned: Flat seat, hagon rear shocks, Vm36 carb, side number plates flattrack style instead of covers, new turn signals maybe big bore piston...
So here she is in full beauty..... Smiley

Savage_005.jpg
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #2095 - 09/14/16 at 14:59:55

Welcome Reeves!  Your English is excellent  Wink
Those high tracker bars look nice. Thanks for joining and providing your bike details.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #2096 - 09/14/16 at 17:41:31

Welcome to The Singles Club Reeves.

I would like to see a picture that shows your headlight and the mounts.

Looks like you are doing a good job.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Reeves
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Czech  Republic
Reply #2097 - 09/21/16 at 08:43:33

Not the best photo but i hope that show what you want to see. Mounts is some universals that i bought with headlight. Maybe a bit longer than it should be but didnt look so bad overall.

headlight.jpg
  IP Logged
notarealbiker
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, Oh
Reply #2098 - 09/21/16 at 10:05:24

Hi, I should've probably posted here a few days ago but I went straight to the 'rubber side down' forum instead. New to riding a motorcycle (took the safety course in May), and owning a cycle. Purchased an 07 S40 at the end of July. It came to me with a chain drive upgrade, one of those bullistic batteries, and missing front turn signals.

Since then I've tackled a raptor valve upgrade (after the bike died on the first time I took my wife around the block, lol), installed fork-mounted front signals, muffler swap, and failed at the spacer mod (already have a plan for success thanks to rubber side...) Figured out how to dismount the front wheel to replace the STOCK 2006 tire that had dry-rotted under the previous owners' watch (don't ask how long I rode until I realized it was bad).

I live in Columbus, Oh so I plan to ride as-is until the weather turns to nuts<(nice autocorrect) at which time I'll probably start tinkering a bit more during the off-season (rear fender / seat replacement, etc.)

I'm an engineer by profession so I can read the hell out of a problem.... Will probably ask lots of questions here on the actual work though because let's face it I don't actually know how to DO anything since I am an engineer!  Grin

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2099 - 09/21/16 at 17:34:21

Oh yeah? Which railroad?  Grin

Sorry! I have a friend who is an electrical engineer and that's his joke. Welcome!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/13/24 at 10:48:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.