Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41189 times)
Chakenios
YaBB Newbies

My ride, my style,
my mess, my life!!!

Dominican Republic, Sto Dgo
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1815 - 08/20/14 at 09:59:26

Here is my ride:

See you around!!

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1 Corinthians 9:24
Chakenios   IP Logged
golfer9619
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1816 - 08/20/14 at 15:00:33

Hi guys, is like to introduce myself. I'm 17 years old and from Athens,GA. I am going this weekend to purchase a Suzuki LS650. I think it is a 1996 model. The only problems with the bike is the speedo cable is broke and it has that famous oil head cap leak. The bike has 13,000 miles on it. So I think it'll be a great bike for me to start on. Can't wait to learn all about the world of motorcycles! And I look forward to your guys help! But off topic, I won't be able to really ride the bike until December when I turn 18 because my mom won't sign for a permit or license. She doesn't want me to get the bike, but oh well, my $ Wink

IP Logged
sarahkhas
YaBB Newbies

colorado
Reply #1817 - 08/26/14 at 11:59:20

hi everyone!

i am about a year behind but hello!! i bought my 2003 savage last summer after learning how to ride. this forum has been incredible- first helping me decide that a savage is the bike i want and then helping me learn and work on my bike myself. this community is super kind and it is greatly appreciated. i try to donate every time you all help me out.

i toured around colorado a bit last summer. this summer i made the leap and did a month long tour of the northwest. amazing. there is nothing like riding- it's like mediation and therapy rolled into one Smiley 5k miles on the bike from me so far and i have no plans to slow down! hope to see you all on the road!

20140725_142855_resized.jpg

the world is my oyster and the road is my throne...
  IP Logged
cheesebox
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1818 - 09/03/14 at 14:41:17

Here's my Savage, I am waiting on getting some PVC pipe to drive in the fork seals and re-assemble.

IMG_0441.jpg
  IP Logged
nhbiker1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1819 - 09/05/14 at 18:24:25

i've got the same floor jack

IP Logged
Spaniahd
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1820 - 09/07/14 at 19:04:08

Hi everybody,

I'm Alex, 27 from just north of boston and here's my LS650 I've been working on. Got it pretty cheap and I made a few changes to it. I do t know where to post an album of the progress Undecided any help woud be appreciated.

image_181.jpg
  IP Logged
BabyBlues
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Northern NJ
Reply #1821 - 09/11/14 at 20:40:17

Hi all!  I've had my Savage since July 26th and have been riding as much as I can since.  I'm in Northern NJ and have found a few places that I feel very comfortable riding and have been trying new routes with more frequency.  Here's my bike - although now I have the windshield off, the front bag off and the back bag off.  

Savage_004.jpg
  IP Logged
mogman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1822 - 09/11/14 at 21:10:38

Mogman here, is finally getting back into a second (still have the first) Savage. This one I bought from a fellow who had bobbed it. I am carving it down to a svelte Cafe' street racer. If someone will clue me in on putting into the BUILD section (I could not find 'reply' or similar). It is late and I am very tired. I will put the particulars there. Maybe a few folks will find it interesting to compare to a standard Savage.

Cafe_Compare.png
  IP Logged
Vonhatch
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1823 - 09/24/14 at 11:49:46

Heres my intro......been at this cycle thing for 50 years. (I am in my sixties now)..... I posted a few pics of some prior builds of mine.   I am now the proud owner of a suzuki savage and I will start a build thread on the forum.   All the fabrication will be in steel by a very talented friend of mine. Hope I can be of some help here.....and also learn something too!    Thanks for letting me join the fun.....hatch

image_184.jpg
  IP Logged
brownie17

Riding the wave.

Indiana
Reply #1824 - 09/30/14 at 18:36:16

Well I decided I needed a project.    I wanted to try and build a bobber.   After searching the internet I found this website and it convinced me to look for a Savage.  Finally found a 2000 in great shape (see attachment).  Right now I have it tore down to the frame and motor hoping I can get it back together. Lol.    

post_image1.jpg
  IP Logged
dgroothof
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1825 - 10/01/14 at 09:09:50

Hello,

My name is Dennis and i'm 31 years old living in Zwanenburg near Amsterdam. Recently i bought a 1986 bobbed Savage and it is a real fun bike to ride on. The previous owner bought it also like this so he couldnt't tell me much about the bike. It has a stock frame but the rest is customized. Things i would change is a set of forward controls and in the winter i'm gonna check and change the chain tensioner.
Here a photo of me riding the bike.

foto_motor.JPG
  IP Logged
Colorado Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Colorado Springs
Reply #1826 - 10/01/14 at 22:54:55

My first 2-wheeled motorized vehicle was a thumper. In the Summer of 1967 I learned on a 1959 Cushman Eagle motor scooter. It had one cylinder, 90cc, and 8hp.

Since then:
1967 Honda 160
197? Honda CB360
1983 Honda Shadow
1983 Honda Goldwing
Several sets of Roller Blades
1980 Honda GL1100 (originally naked but people added on extras) I stripped it to naked in the summers.
2004 BMW K1200LT (Luxury Touring)

Now have:
2007 Yamaha V-Star 650
2002 Suzuki Savage LS650

I am enjoying the lighter weight of the Yamaha 650 which started my quest for other bikes that might suit my wife of 5ft. 7in. and trim. The Savage was on my list but, I never saw any for sale except for new ones at the dealerships around here. They didn’t have any for a while either. Finally one showed up on Craigslist, a 2002 with 21k miles for $1800.00. The seller listed that he had it for 3 years. Bought it for his wife and kids to learn on. Just took it out of storage. Got it to 85mph! His words on Craigslist.
   I was at his house the next morning (Sunday at 10:15am). After inspecting it as much as I could visually I was ready for a ride. It would not go over 10mph and then would just cough and spit black smoke. He road it up and down his street on and off for the next 2 hours thinking that he was going to blow out something stuck in the carburetor. It didn’t work.
   Finally told him that I had to get to my gig playing music in a bar up the mountain pass from here. He asked me if I wanted to make an offer and I was very hesitant to say anything. Tell you what, he said, we (he and his brother in law) will deliver it for $800.00. I pulled out my wallet without hesitation.

Work done so far: (All of it thanks to this web site and all the good info)

1.      Bought Clymer manual
2.      Rebuilt carburetor (only replaced the diaphragm assembly) using carb-dip. Replaced the top JIS bolts and the side vacuum cover plate bolts with stainless steel alen type.
3.      Rebuilt front forks replacing both oil and dirt (dust?) seals
4.      New brakes front and back
5.      Dyna muffler with a RYCA adapter
6.      K&N air filter
7.      Checked valve clearances and decompression solenoid
8.      Raptor petcock
9.      New sparkplug
10.      New fuel line
11.      Vacuum cap for carburetor (vacuum line which originally connected to petcock)
12.      More time cleaning a neglected bike than actually fixing it
13.      Opened up the clutch cover to inspect tensioner

The bike has 21K miles. I already have the clutch cover gasket, special washers and Yamabond for the touchy spot that Clymer points out.
Contacted verslagen1 about getting his Verslagy Tensioner Assy because the before picture of the tensioner by verslagen1 is identical to how mine looks.

Am in limbo now, just waiting for verslagen1’s response.

Thanks to all the fantastic help I got from reading this forum. I tried to register dozens of times but, was still able to get the info I needed. I am so grateful to SuzukiSavage.com for all they do.

Colorado Savage

« Last Edit: 10/02/14 at 18:22:24 by Colorado Savage »  

2002, 6500ft, K&N direct replacement air filter, Dyna muffler with RYCA connecter, Raptor petcock, Riding since 1967 (just can't stop)
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #1827 - 10/03/14 at 14:04:26

Hello everybody!

I'm Devon, I live in the Central Texas (USA) Area. Just bought my first Savage about a month ago. It is a 2014 and was sitting on the showroom floor with 0.7 miles. Put 7 miles on it on the test ride, and then bought it for my own. I've put 590 miles on it since that day and have already done it's first oil change.  

I fell in love with the Savage several years ago when a friend of mine did a bike swap with me for a week where he borrowed my 84 Nighthawk 700S and I his 09 Savage.  Me being a little guy, 5'5" 140ish, I instantly loved the little thumper. It wasn't til 3 or so years later when I bought this one. Loving every mile with it.  Cheesy

I plan on jumping right into several mods without taking away too much from the stock "styling" of the bike.

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

devonsavage.jpg

2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
Britbiker
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Skegness. U.K.
Reply #1828 - 10/07/14 at 05:49:41

Hi All.
       The names Colin and I've just bought an '89 (I think  Undecided ) Savage to get back into biking after a 35 year sabbatical driving 4 wheels and trying  Roll Eyes to be sensible. Worked in engineering and plastics moulding most of my life, now semi retired and I can use my 60 years as an excuse to buy "boys toys" again. Did buy an old BMW R80 a couple of years ago but it was way too heavy, and a house move made it impractical to start a restoration on it at the time anyway, hence buying a Savage now we're planted for life.
I live on the east coast of the U.K, a seaside holiday town called Skegness, or Skeg Vegas as we call it due to all the amusement arcades. Hobbies are shooting, walking the coast with the mutts and playing in the "mancave" aka skiving.
I'd just like to thank everyone for the forum and all the information and experience it shares. I'll be going into the garage with a manual and the laptop to spanner the bike back to it's former glory this month ready for next summer. I'll try not to ask TOO many dumb questions...... really.....I'll try.

People are always telling me to act my age. Not likely!!!!!
  IP Logged
ss652
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Buckinghamshire, UK
Reply #1829 - 10/08/14 at 11:53:47

Good eventide, I have been lurking about here for a few weeks after buying a 93 Savage. Looks the place to be for everything Savage related. Had plenty of other bikes and this is the slowest, but almost the most fun to ride. It's easy to modify to your own tastes as well, very simple and versatile. Already changed it up from the purple warrior it once was to something more my style; tatty round the edges and purposeful. It's been very well looked after, runs smooth, had most of the important mods done already. Bargain really, I will get some pics soon. I am UK based. Fare thee well! Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 06:14:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.