Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41189 times)
rockabilly
YaBB Newbies

Fossil Fuels Rule!!

Kent, England
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1800 - 07/30/14 at 12:26:41

Well finally went and bought one!  Been toying with an idea for some time and now it's turning into a rolling chassis.  I run a couple of Triumph chops - an adventurer lowrider and a Bonneville high neck. But the Bonnie had some surplus parts, and I fancy a sixties style thumper! So finally traced an early 4 speeder that will suit my needs. Hopefully on here somewhere. Know the Savage lump pretty well cos my other half started her "big bike" riding on a four speeder about 25 years ago.

So the plan is as follows,  Bonneville front end 19" rim, bonneville caliper. Rear 18" (currently in the wheel builders) Chain drive, old style british "hump seat" (sourced from a B44, Norton Jubilee tank, Gold Star muffler. Bonneville rear dampers.
Major frame mods to be done are new central post, new single top tube, new rear frame loop, giving a seat height of 750mm. Swing arm being cut to narrow it down and oval being replaced with rectangular style. 7" old style lucas headlight, alloy rear sets and an old style (needle) digital speedo.

Time scale to be on the road by Mid October as I want to use it to the local round of British Superbikes to see the reaction!! (Already taken all references to Suzuki off of the engine!

What do ya reckon? Pictures will follow as the bits come together, currently have front end, tank, seat, rear sets rear fender a long way to go! Wink

P1010529a.jpg

Ride Safe - Stay Upright
WWW   IP Logged
drewdbell
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1801 - 07/31/14 at 04:23:53

Hello my name is drew!

My friend Kara picked up a 1971 honda cl450. She did this off of the advise of a friend. The bike was a heap and a money pit. Unsafe for her to ride. I told her to sell it immediately. She did!

Fast forward to two weeks ago. We are at my buddy's cycle shop and he knows she is hunting a bike. He said he had one but it needs some work. It was an 03 savage with front end damage 500$!! She bought it the next Monday!  

This bike flew off the road with the rider on it. He meandered off the road thought he could calmly return to the road from the grass shoulder. But there was a perpindicular to the road drainage ditch. Guy is lucky to be alive broke his hip in. 4 places.

Either way he was done. Want bed 500$ for the bike.  She bought it. One fork tube was bent at almost a 90 degree angle. The other not so bad. Our friend straightened it for us. And did the same with another purchased on eBay. They worked but It just didn't seem right. So a quick craigslist hunt brought up a 87 savage parts bike!  We drove the 150 miles round trip hauled it back. The next day we switched over the forks and got her 03 savage rolling. We had to do a little wiring and change the bent handle bars.

I just got it running yesterday. 2 weeks total. 850$ total investment. Bike runs great.  All it needs is a rear turn signal!

I used these forums for weeks before we bought the bike. Never posted. My account was purged. I just wanted to post and thank ALL of you who have made this forum so easy to navigate and full of information.

Before the bike was even rolling. We installed a raptor petcock. Aquifer the nessesary peices to do the cam adjuster mod. And have all the info we need for switching to chain drive!

Thanks

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1802 - 07/31/14 at 04:49:28

Quote:

So the plan is as follows,  Bonneville front end 19" rim, bonneville caliper. Rear 18" (currently in the wheel builders) Chain drive, old style british "hump seat" (sourced from a B44, Norton Jubilee tank, Gold Star muffler. Bonneville rear dampers.

Time scale to be on the road by Mid October as I want to use it to the local round of British Superbikes to see the reaction!!  Already taken all references to Suzuki off of the engine!

Fun stuff dude !  My all time favorite bike was a '56 BSA Goldstar Flat Track Racer...had to sell during hard times    Sad yea
Anyway, that's one of the reasons I like the LS650.  I've had several but am down to just 2 right now; an '09 S40 stocker and my original '96...not stock.
I have an old BSA fiberglass flat track tank that I want to work on to the '96.
Anyway, I am looking forward to see what your project looks like.

IP Logged
Karen A
YaBB Newbies

What do you mean
"park it for
the winter"?

Roanoke, VA
Reply #1803 - 07/31/14 at 07:15:20

Hi!  I'm Karen and I'm an addict to a lot of things. LOL
Riding, sweet tea, the list goes on, but those are the biggies...

Just picked up my bike (ok noob question...  What do you all call the S40/650? LOL) on Saturday. Haven't got it on the road yet, we're waiting for the oil filter, front brakes and tires to come in.

I got a smokin' deal on it (I think...) paid $1500 for an 06. just under 9k on it. dinged tank and front fender and the muffler's been drilled, but nothing I can't work with in the short term.   Wink

Plans for the bike are to add hard bags (with built in turn signals), wind screen, replace/bondo the tank, front fender and stock exhaust (don't like loud) and get the whole thing painted.  oh, and a stand-alone, USEFUL luggage rack.

but that's after we get it safe first...  the front brake is under 1mm, tires won't pass state inspection either, and the oil isn't bad, but it's getting Amsoil and a new filter, just cuz.

oh and it'll also get a radio down the road too (amateur, not broadcast or cb). if I can pry it off of hubby's Shadow or find one for myself.  LOL

PM me if you have a response to my questions? don't want to clog up the thread with those. Wink

attached picture is the color I plan to paint it (on stock photo) don't have any good pics of my own bike yet.

2006-Suzuki-Boulevard-S40-blue.jpg

Karen - KI4GOT
k.i.forgot (it's a ham thing)
Riding since '07 - Rebel 450 prior to my S40
WWW   IP Logged
spdfrek
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1804 - 08/01/14 at 14:04:29

Hi everyone, I'm Mike.

I just picked up a 2006 S40 with just under 1000 miles on it so it is almost new. It looks like it was dropped at some point but there isn't very much damage, just a few scuffs. I haven't been on a bike in about 10yrs. I became a savage fan when Ryca 1st came out with their café racer kit. Since then I have had the idea to do a project bike and when this popped up I had to jump on it. Instead of the café racer I am going to build the bobber. Once I get some pictures I will post them.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1805 - 08/01/14 at 19:37:52

Karen A wrote on 07/31/14 at 07:15:20:
Hi!  I'm Karen and I'm an addict to a lot of things. LOL
Riding, sweet tea, the list goes on, but those are the biggies...

Just picked up my bike (ok noob question...  What do you all call the S40/650? LOL) on Saturday. Haven't got it on the road yet, we're waiting for the oil filter, front brakes and tires to come in.

I usually call it a motorcycle.   Grin

IP Logged
Karen A
YaBB Newbies

What do you mean
"park it for
the winter"?

Roanoke, VA
Reply #1806 - 08/01/14 at 20:12:10

LANCER wrote on 08/01/14 at 19:37:52:
What do you all call the S40/650? LOL)

Lips Sealed my first 'knee jerk' response would probably not endear me to the moderators...   Wink
I meant, Boulevard, S40, Savage...  is there a shorthand nickname used more than another?

Karen - KI4GOT
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #1807 - 08/01/14 at 20:23:56

Karen A wrote on 08/01/14 at 20:12:10:
LANCER wrote on 08/01/14 at 19:37:52:
What do you all call the S40/650? LOL)

Lips Sealed my first 'knee jerk' response would probably not endear me to the moderators...   Wink
I meant, Boulevard, S40, Savage...  is there a shorthand nickname used more than another?

oh karen   Grin  no need to jerk a knee   Shocked  We make laborious attempts at humor.

I call mine savages, cause they are... LS650's all.
If I see one on the street, I'll call it a savage regardless if it's an S40 or not.  I believe the label on the head tube still says LS650.
If someone says you got a boulevard or a savage just say yes it is and smile.   Wink

WWW   IP Logged
Karen A
YaBB Newbies

What do you mean
"park it for
the winter"?

Roanoke, VA
Reply #1808 - 08/01/14 at 20:33:38

Quote:
I call mine savages, cause they are... LS650's all.
If I see one on the street, I'll call it a savage regardless if it's an S40 or not.  I believe the label on the head tube still says LS650.
If someone says you got a boulevard or a savage just say yes it is and smile.   Wink

LOL  I was being a smart...  uh...  butt.  Tongue

and thanks. so they pretty much all apply.

Karen - KI4GOT
WWW   IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #1809 - 08/01/14 at 20:41:24

Before you put the Amsoil in, check with some of the experts about Shell Rotella T6.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Karen A
YaBB Newbies

What do you mean
"park it for
the winter"?

Roanoke, VA
Reply #1810 - 08/01/14 at 20:59:08

jcstokes wrote on 08/01/14 at 20:41:24:
Before you put the Amsoil in, check with some of the experts about Shell Rotella T6.

I would say an ASE master tech of 20 years might be an expert in his own right... (aka hubby)  Wink  we're using the Amsoil motorcycle specific oil.  That's all we ran in the Rebel 450s until the gas tanks started leaking faster than we could fill them. AKA 16k miles or so worth of oil changes.

Actually Amsoil is all we use in most of our vehicles, except the old truck that leaks like a sieve, will never pass inspection again, and only goes 5 miles every 2 weeks to pick up hay.

But thanks for the suggestion.  I'll hop off the noob thread now and leave it to, well, noobs to the forum.  Wink

Karen - KI4GOT
WWW   IP Logged
Xenokilla

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1811 - 08/04/14 at 15:04:50

Hi! I accidentally started a topic before i saw this thread. Just bought a silver '02 savage: http://i.imgur.com/iTgAyQU.jpg

IP Logged
MandiB
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Missouri
Reply #1812 - 08/05/14 at 10:03:53

Hey there, it's Mandi and I just recently bought my (new to me) Savage. I bought it with less than 8,000 miles, but the previous owner never did any maintenance, this thing still had crate oil in it for crying out loud. Anywho, this site has been paramount in my aid to everything maintenance related. So far, I've replaced spark plugs, changed the oil, fixed the exhaust leak, speedo cable leak, and adjusted the valves all by myself ( which being a girl, is something I'm quite proud of ), thanks to the help on this forum!

IMG_6994.JPG
  IP Logged
meanoldbadger
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1813 - 08/10/14 at 18:43:04

Brand new here! I just bought my first s40 a few days ago. She's a 2011 and had 285 miles on her. Already put another hundred on, and so far, I'm in love.

IP Logged
Chakenios
YaBB Newbies

My ride, my style,
my mess, my life!!!

Dominican Republic, Sto Dgo
Reply #1814 - 08/20/14 at 09:59:05

Hi fella riders, my name is Carlos Holguin and i live down at the Dominican Republic in Santo Domingo City, i recently bought my first bike and learn on it, and of course it had to be a LS650, this one is a little modified, somewhat Bober style, i love the simplicity of this bike. Currently i am having trouble with the generation, pin point it to the stator and already ordered it, probably going to be installing it this weekend by myself. Also changed the fuel peg, with the help of this forum, installed the raptor peg, is great. Thanks SuzukiSavage.com for your help.

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1 Corinthians 9:24
Chakenios   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 23:08:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.