Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Drop it Like It's Hot
Reply #60 - 02/09/07 at 10:36:04

phasender wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
<snip>... but I'm going to sign up for an MSF course when it opens up.  As for why I want to take the advanced instead of the basic, the beginner class I went to was pretty much a "this is a motorcycle" class...

Okay.  Maybe I misunderstood this part.  Sorry.

All that I can say is that they also stress that you should only ride within your skill level...and I guess that's what you need to do.

IP Logged
mavrik

Toronto
Reply #61 - 02/09/07 at 13:49:49

It takes literally a lifetime to learn to ride safely!!

I took the MSF course too, great course. I can still hear my instructors voice in my head when I approach certain situations. (she was a pretty blonde and rode a BMW)

Anyway, I learned at my own pace, usually early sunday mornings at daybreak I would ride for 2 hrs. Start/stop accelerate/up shift down shift etc.

My pace, not rushed nobody behind me making me nervous. I loved it. Then I joined a riding club when I was ready. I only do things when I feel comfortable.

Ride your own Ride Smiley

Cheers

WWW   IP Logged
phasender
Ex Member

Reply #62 - 02/10/07 at 15:11:37

No problem. I think that riding only within my skill/comfort level is the best advice. Right now, given that it's friggin' cold winter, I guess that means taking the bus to work any time there's the slightest bit of moisture/ice on the streets. It's a pain in the ass, but it sure beats permanent brain damage.

Thanks all

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Okay.  Maybe I misunderstood this part.  Sorry.

All that I can say is that they also stress that you should only ride within your skill level...and I guess that's what you need to do.

IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Reply #63 - 02/14/07 at 22:17:06

I dropped my old Honda 450 by showing off; skinned my knuckles and tore my leather jacket. I'm much more careful now.
Give the 4 wheelers lots of room. Don't get stupid like the crotch rockets, and you might die of old age.

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 01:18:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Drop it Like It's Hot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.