Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Ordered my Superbrace today (Read 9 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

Ordered my Superbrace today
05/09/06 at 13:36:43

Hoping it won't take too long to ship out, I ordered straight from their website.  Before ordering, I emailed them and inquired about their backorder status, as I had read several posts stating 3-5 week backorders.

Long story short -- they are caught up on the Savage braces.  Reason for the backorder was twofold, they had relocated to a larger facility and got behind that way, and there had been a rush on LS650 braces.  

Their advice -- order now, while they are caught up and can ship pretty much immediately, evidently they are expecting this brace to go on backorder once again before too long.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Ordered my Superbrace today
Reply #1 - 05/09/06 at 21:52:50

what does the super brace do???

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/09/06 at 22:22:53

Stablizes the front forks.  Allows better control of the bike.  The Savage/S40's have a bit of a flimsy front end forkwise.  Check out www.superbrace.com for more information.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 05/10/06 at 06:53:03

It's pricey but it's one of my more appreciated upgrades.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #4 - 05/10/06 at 10:26:21

its a complete waste of time and money,aluminum fork tubes dont flex... they break. and if the axle bends the way it shows in there simulation it would not come out of the tubes.    it's the same type of thing as those $100 dollar kitchen knifes that say they never need sharpening,then a week later u have to sharpen it Roll Eyes Tongue

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/10/06 at 11:33:46

If it is a "complete waste of time and money", then why are so many people reporting improvements in the handling on their bikes?

If it is a "complete waste of time and money", then why does the one company that makes them, make them for only a handful of bikes and not all bikes.

If it is a "complete waste of time and money", then the company that makes them will make them for every bike, and not just a few, cause then they will understand your concept of a "complete waste of time and money", and will want to soak every motorcyclist and not just a few...

And with that, I give a hearty  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #6 - 05/10/06 at 11:45:05

torque wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
its a complete waste of time and money,aluminum fork tubes dont flex... they break. and if the axle bends the way it shows in there simulation it would not come out of the tubes.    it's the same type of thing as those $100 dollar kitchen knifes that say they never need sharpening,then a week later u have to sharpen it Roll Eyes Tongue

I disagree - I have a '95 savage with all the right stuff , superbrace, progressive shocks, and metz me880 tires and a '02 savage with all the factory stuff. The difference in the way these two bikes ride and handle is obvious. The question might be which helps the most as cheap tires (irc's and most other $40 tires) do not wear nor handle as well as the metzlers, the stiff spring poor dampened stock shocks do not give you as good a ride as even the lower end progressives, and not all but most factory bikes built to handle well do have fork braces. I'll agree it's a subtle difference on good roads or if your just running around here and there but if you spend some real time on the bike I believe all these things are worth every penny.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #7 - 05/10/06 at 11:50:10

super brace is not the only company that makes fork braces,kuryaken makes them and harley has there own line of sceamin eagle braces,and theres a couple more companys. super brace makes a brace for all makes and most famous models its hard for a company to buy all the bikes in the world just to see if the brace actually works. i might put one on a busa,but probably not.imho.

when its all said and done its your money and not mine,so i could really care less Wink

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/10/06 at 11:54:30

But none of those other companies makes them for every model of bike either, so that lends even more credence to the position that they are effective or every company would be trying to soak every two wheeled machine on the road.

And yes, you are right.  It's our money and not yours...

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #9 - 05/10/06 at 12:00:58

i made forward controls for the savage...dosent mean that i can make them for a vulcan Roll Eyes i would have to buy the bike then do the math. same concept.

if u had a race bike i would say absolutly get the brace,but ur top speed being 85mph u dont need it,and if u have "low speed wobbles" a brace aint going to help ya.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/10/06 at 12:19:33

torque wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
if u had a race bike i would say absolutly get the brace,but ur top speed being 85mph u dont need it,and if u have "low speed wobbles" a brace aint going to help ya.

Well, again, I'll say this... my top speed ain't 85...
Grin

I think you're speaking from opinion and not fact.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #11 - 05/10/06 at 12:36:22

As noted, a number of companies make fork braces for various bikes.  Unfortunately, few make them for the Savage/S40.  I'm sure the same is true of other bikes for various parts/accessories/add-ons.  Some bikes come from the factory with a fork brace.  On some the brace is integrated into the fork design.  As Reelthing said, on good surfaces it's a subtle difference.  On uneven roads (or even rain grooves), the improvement in handling/stability becomes more noticeable.  I'm completely happy with my purchase of the Superbrace.  If, however, you'd like to waste your duckets, by all means go out and purchase some mileage improvement pills and a magnetic green light trigger.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/10/06 at 12:44:05

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
If, however, you'd like to waste your duckets, by all means go out and purchase some mileage improvement pills and a magnetic green light trigger.

Now that was funny... and true!!!
Grin 8)

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #13 - 05/10/06 at 13:01:59

911radioman wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Well, again, I'll say this... my top speed ain't 85...
Grin

I think you're speaking from opinion and not fact.

thats suzuki's number for a stock bike,look in your manual.  so what s your top speed ?   86?...96?...130?

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/10/06 at 13:26:37

Dude, this discussion is a moot point.  Fact is, there are far more here that realize the benefits of this device than there are those that don't.   This discussion is going nowhere fast.  Roll Eyes

Add about 15 to your original number and you'll have the answer you're looking for.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 15:22:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ordered my Superbrace today

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.