Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gauges (Read 3 times)
stock87
Ex Member

Gauges
05/09/06 at 10:41:32

has anyone installed an oil pressure gauge? if so were did u get it?

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: Gauges
Reply #1 - 05/09/06 at 13:55:03

Oil pressure?  I don't think that any are made specifically for our bike.  You may want to check out JC whitney, though.

IP Logged
SeattleSavage
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/09/06 at 17:16:07

Haven't found one yet will post when I do. Needs to be 20-30 psi at the most. The pressure runs 7-10 psi and I don't think you'll get accurate enough results from the standard 60 or 100 psi gauges. Liquid filled is preferred.

If you find one first let me know. I will be installing one fer sure.

Kevin

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #3 - 05/10/06 at 07:37:12

harley's run low pressure, hi volume oil, check into harley set ups.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #4 - 05/10/06 at 08:03:40

u would have to find somewhere to drill and tap a hole for the hose to screw into. harley's have fairly high oil pressure,enough to make the oil cycle back into the oil tank when the bike is turned off. i say forget the whole idea unless u never change your oil,or u like sticking bolts in oil passages, as long as there is oil in the window u'll be alright.

IP Logged
SeattleSavage
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/10/06 at 16:44:57

torque wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
u would have to find somewhere to drill and tap a hole for the hose to screw into. harley's have fairly high oil pressure,enough to make the oil cycle back into the oil tank when the bike is turned off. i say forget the whole idea unless u never change your oil,or u like sticking bolts in oil passages, as long as there is oil in the window u'll be alright.

Bolt #18 is where you can put it, it's just a plug on the front right cover.
I'm just a stickler for gauges. If my gauge reades 7-10 I know my oil pump is working. I can look in the window for level. And I will probably add a temp sender too. If pressure or temp start to deviate I know a problem is coming and maybe nip it in the bud before it blooms.
Jeese flower analogies and motorcycle talk, it just isn't right is it. I'm ok, no really, ask one of my women. And no offense lady riders, I think most highly of you.

Kev

I knew I saw it some where.

Kropatchek wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
It's the plug #18 that you can take off and attach an oilpressure gauge.

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0271/crankcase/crankcase.cfm?man=su&groupid...

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 08:48:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gauges

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.