Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Re: Helmet or NO Helmet?
Reply #15 - 05/02/06 at 17:06:43

stock87 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
How many go with out a Helmet?

daily commute yes. Quick run to the store no. long rides always.  Our state does not currently have any opinion on motorcycle helmets.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/02/06 at 17:42:06

Probably 60% of my riding with some form of helmet, 40% with no form of helmet.  No helmet laws here in Indiana.

IP Logged
Guido
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 05/02/06 at 18:03:27

full face hemet here. anything to improve my odds. never was lucky at gambling. to each his own though. Grin

IP Logged
gubbs
YaBB Newbies

"Happiness is
not a
destination."

UK
Reply #18 - 05/02/06 at 18:08:44

Always wear a helmet, full face preferably.

Please guys, always wear a helmet with a visor.

I have seen a guy with no left eye. It was liquified by a tiny pebble which hit him doing 40mph.

I have also seen, first hand, a full face which absorbed the full impact of a stone which was flicked up by a coach into the guys face at 60mph.

Thats not fast, and it completely demolished the lid.

If he had not been wearing a helmet, he would be horribly
disfigured or most likely brown bread.

Only thing you got to ask yourself here is - its OK if you die. What if you dont? What if you have to live the rest of your days drinking through a tube? Alone?

crappity smack that!

WWW   IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #19 - 05/02/06 at 18:09:42

Everyday in the city or short trips NO helmet, exept like a weather guard. Summer time- bandama , winter time knit cap.
Out of state, or up in the mountains,or in nasty weather- full face.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
cigaro
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 05/02/06 at 18:18:29

Helmet always -- a half helmet. Added a little eye shield and really like it a lot --  plenty of circulation, easy to get the helmet on and off, yet eyes don't tear up when I go faster than 45, and I still get plenty of wind and circulation. Also have a full face, but it's almost impossible to get my glasses back on after I put it on. Thinking I might get a three quarter, too, to round out the trio and see if I like that.

IP Logged
Veritas
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 05/02/06 at 18:24:15

Yeah, definately like to keep my face in tact.

But my darn ears always get ripped off with the helmet.  I'm sick of sewing them back on!

IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #22 - 05/02/06 at 18:45:33

By law helmets are required, but I want to wear one anyway.  I have two young daughters, so I don't want to take too many risks - other than riding a bike (lol).

Now that I have a windshield, I do sometimes leave the face shield up to feel the breeze, especially if I'm riding through towns etc.

DianeS.

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #23 - 05/02/06 at 19:14:48

I always wear a helmet.

For my 5 mile commute to work, I'll often wear a half helmet and goggles.  For 1/2 mile I hit 40mph, and then the rest is about equally divided between 30mph and 20mph roads.  At those speeds I feel fairly comfortable with a half halmet to offset this wonderful Texas heat...

For any time I get above that speed, I always wear the full face helmet.  I have a bright yellow modular helmet that sees a lot of use.  My did has a long history of doing stupid things on motorcycles and having his face saved by a full helmet, so I decided to learn from his mistakes and keep covered!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 05/02/06 at 19:25:58

I've got a half-helmet for hot days, and a full-face for cold ones.  I hardly notice the shorty when I'm wearing it, and I won't ride without it.

IP Logged
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Reply #25 - 05/03/06 at 00:04:28

helmet of course  Smiley

this one

http://www.bell-helmets.it/sh_skin.php

IP Logged
chriss

Reply #26 - 05/03/06 at 00:57:15

Check out the Bell Mag-8 helmet. pretty cool !  The  visor retracts into the helmet. And only $119

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #27 - 05/03/06 at 07:07:27

I wear one.  Mine are an HJC AC-3 and a Scorpion EXO-400.  Just depends on whether I want to wear a 3/4 or FF.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #28 - 05/03/06 at 10:53:40

no helmet law!!!!!! no helmet 90 percent of time.make the kids wear one when they go with me. Grin always thought if it is your time to go then a helmet or car will not save you. Shocked

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #29 - 05/03/06 at 11:17:18

Full face helmet here, gets hot in the summer and is a b1tch to get off and on when wearing earrings but too much can happen if you go over without one.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:18:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Helmet or NO Helmet?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.