Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Belt Chirp (Read 29 times)
SouthernMD
Ex Member

Re: Belt Chirp
Reply #30 - 01/26/06 at 04:58:33

BS I’d like to make two points here.  First the purpose of this post was to answer some questions that the owner of a Suzuki Savage had about some problems with his bike not discuss the pros and cons of speed shifting.  Second if you want to start a post discussing the pros and cons of speed shifting you are certainly welcome to.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #31 - 01/26/06 at 06:13:17

BS37066 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
Since niether of you seem to be able to read what I write perhaps a video will do.  My friend Jimmy at the Gap:

http://www.fbcstuff.com/hs2020/Deals%20GapRun1.wmv
http://www.fbcstuff.com/hs2020/Deals%20GapRun2.wmv

i like how all the crusiers are out enjoying the senery, going the speed limit,then a idiot on a sportbike is in such a hurry to get home, he has to pass on the double yellow line. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #32 - 01/26/06 at 06:32:49

Since niether of you seem to be able to read what I write perhaps a video will do.  My friend Jimmy at the Gap:

http://www.fbcstuff.com/hs2020/Deals%20GapRun1.wmv
http://www.fbcstuff.com/hs2020/Deals%20GapRun2.wmv

I never said I couldn't read what you wrote.  I said I could read what Greg wrote after you asked if he spoke English.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
BS37066
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 01/26/06 at 08:50:13

Okay,

Seems I can't post a reply without getting attacked.  I don't think I enjoy being here.

You guys are a bunch of geriatric poser wannabes who don't like to ride your bikes.  Strip your bikes or dress them up like Philipino taxis, I don't care.  They still won't be HDs and you still won't be 1 percenters.

Bikes are for riding, not posing with.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #34 - 01/26/06 at 09:39:18

Okay,

Seems I can't post a reply without getting attacked.  I don't think I enjoy being here.

You guys are a bunch of geriatric poser wannabes who don't like to ride your bikes.  Strip your bikes or dress them up like Philipino taxis, I don't care.  They still won't be HDs and you still won't be 1 percenters.

jeez,i said a couple things a couple of nights ago that i shouldn,t have said, but when u attack the people on this board its a another deal,i don't care if u down talk the savage,i do it now and then.just dont talk sh!t about the people on this board,if u wouldn,t say it to their faces.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #35 - 01/26/06 at 10:31:14

Hmm, I definitely missed something because I haven't seen anything in this thread to get wound-up over.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #36 - 01/26/06 at 11:44:33

I guess I'm about as Geriatic a member as there is, & I ride my bike. Probably not to suit him, but it sure makes me happy. Grin

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #37 - 01/26/06 at 14:20:27

SouthernMD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
Hay everyone I think I found it.  The push rod from the foot leaver to the shift arm is bent.  By the picture in the book it’s suppose to be straight.

Yes, it is supposed to be straight.

Well, this was a fun little discussion  Tongue

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #38 - 01/26/06 at 14:38:39

Okay,

Hi BS.  Do you mind if I call you BS, for short?

Anyway, I don't think that anyone was "attacking" you, but is it possible for you to have a discussion without name calling or tantrums?  Geez, if we're all geriatric, then you are simply childish.  Get real.

What I said was based on my opinion AND my experience.  Nothing more.  Take it or leave it.  However, while you're calling the rest of us posers, it seems that you don't state anything based your own experience, but rather you seem to only want to offer examples of or suggest what others do.  Not much risk in that now, is there?

If you want to have a discussions and share your opinions and experiences, that would be great.  If not, simply go away.  I was riding long before you, and with your attitude, I'll probably be riding long after you.

IP Logged
SouthernMD
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 01/26/06 at 17:08:57

Well I couldn’t wait for Saturday so I pulled the push rod off and straitened it after work today.  What a difference in the way it shifts.  I didn’t have a chance to ride it because my wife leaves for her work as soon as I get home leaving me to play daddy with our 4 year old all night.  However just sitting still in the drive way with the engine running it has a lot more positive feel to the shifter, before it was real springy.  It also gave me the chance to position the foot leaver where I want it.  The next chance I’ll have to ride is Saturday.  I’ll report back moving results then.

By the way BS37066 hope I didn’t heart your feelings.  In other forums I belong to the person who starts the topic is responsible for keeping it on track.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #40 - 01/26/06 at 17:22:02

By the way BS37066 hope I didn’t heart your feelings.  In other forums I belong to the person who starts the topic is responsible for keeping it on track.

here we pretty much allow things to run it's course, one idea leads to another, and the disccussion keeps on moving.  all we ask is that we "agree to disagree" with no personal attacks.  it's worked pretty good so far.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
SouthernMD
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 01/26/06 at 17:33:42

OK I'll drink with that.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #42 - 01/26/06 at 22:15:12

It's late.  I already did.  Hic....

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #43 - 01/26/06 at 22:15:32

Well I couldn’t wait for Saturday so I pulled the push rod off and straitened it after work today.  What a difference in the way it shifts.  I didn’t have a chance to ride it because my wife leaves for her work as soon as I get home leaving me to play daddy with our 4 year old all night.  However just sitting still in the drive way with the engine running it has a lot more positive feel to the shifter, before it was real springy.  It also gave me the chance to position the foot leaver where I want it.  The next chance I’ll have to ride is Saturday.  I’ll report back moving results then.

Now see, here's the thing....

Often people write that the bike is hard to shift thru nuetral to 2nd gear, which is a pretty long throw.  Usually someone mentions the shifter adjustment.  In this case you were needing to go 70 to get into 5th (that's determination).  So, I said this and then others said that...we get into shifting techniques...and then someone (Rob?) mentions the linkage.

Isn't life wonderful?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #44 - 01/27/06 at 05:41:10

I think he found it on his own.  I just verified his suspicion that bent ain't right.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:33:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Belt Chirp

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.