Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Savage Anniversary! (Read 0 times)
Didi
Ex Member

Savage Anniversary!
01/21/06 at 01:47:48

HiYa, brothers and sisters!

This is invitation for You all savagists to join us next august in Finland and take part of 20th anniversary of Savage.

While official sites still are under construction, visit the forum, which is established for this event. Take part in conversation too even you cannot come. Smiley
This is nice forum to meet savagists around the world!

http://www.phpbbserver.com/didi/

With best regards
Didi

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Savage Anniversary!
Reply #1 - 01/21/06 at 08:23:42

I have visited the site and was pleased to see that it is run by "Peter the Blacksmith" & Didi.  Peter was an active member of the other savage site before the spam killed it.
It is a well organized site and worth a  look.  I signed up to keep up on the Savage Birthday plans, and was thinking that we should consider some kind of get-together...whether national of regional groups.
Anyone else want to plan something?

IP Logged
Didi
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/21/06 at 09:30:20

Cheesy Hi again!

I am very pleased to see new names as registered users at forum! Wish You all welcome  Cheesy
I hope You together have here good "kick" to organize also the American Savage 20th Anniversary.
Even the she shipping of bike is not very difficoult, Europe is still quite far away. But if someone will fly to Finland, he or she is welcome to take part in event! We promise to keep saunas heated  Grin

You can also visit our club sites in here: http://savageclub.org/

There is also the link to club forum. We have there also site in english. Our language is not one of the easiest but almost all of us understand english.

With friendly regards

Didi

IP Logged
cigaro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/21/06 at 17:26:42

I agree. It's unlikely that I'll ship the bike and go to Finland for the celebration, though I salute them. But how about a weekend somewhere this summer where we come together, in celebration and meet each other and ride? Anyway you look at it, it's a long way from California or the Carolinas or Wisconsin (where I am)/Ontario or Texas. But somewhere in the middle of the America.  Any suggestions?  Chicago? Iowa? Colorado? Kansas? Hmm, how about Estes Park, or Boulder? Great places in the summer....

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 01/21/06 at 19:28:08

boulder sound interesting. Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #5 - 01/22/06 at 03:10:38

Would love to join you all either in Finland or the States for an LS650 Birthday Bash ... but it's unlikely that I could find the scratch to fly to either :'(
To those that attand either Event, have a great time and please take lots of photos!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Reply #6 - 01/22/06 at 13:57:00

uhm even if i live in Europe (Italy), i think that Finland is too much far to come with Daisy!  :'(

Anyway have a nice party and take a lots of photos!  Wink

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #7 - 01/22/06 at 14:42:19

Good news.  Mentioned a possible run to Boulder and the wife didn't hit me.  Instead she asked if I would be riding alone or if I would want company.  (I also mentioned that Gardena-Boulder is 1046 miles/16h:44m ride time -- If I leave, ride, 'bout a four hour nap, ride I can do it in under 24 hours to qualify for a SaddleSore1000.)  

WWW   IP Logged
cigaro
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/22/06 at 17:16:35

It would be a thousand mile run for me, too, Paladin. But Boulder's the payoff, and it's one of the greatest cities in the U.S.A. (The bummer would be the drive back here.)  If this proceeds, or even if I can't get out there, I can recommend a great hotel-meeting place in Boulder where we've had two family reunions. And, yeah, what's the point of a Savage anniversary if you don't arrive on your Savage? Haven't run it by the wife yet, though. Might be some complications....Smiley

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #9 - 01/23/06 at 05:59:50

I just did a quick lookup on Google Maps and it shows a tad over 900 miles for me.  Spousal complications could occur.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 01/23/06 at 08:27:34

Paladin's wife did not hit him...Rob may have spousal complications... are we an interesting bunch or what?
Not that I am any different, I live in the same world.
I got a big surprise a couple of weeks ago when I brought up the subject of our club ride to Sturgis in August...and she did not freak at all.  She just said that I needed to be sure that she had her airline ticket to NJ to see the grandbabies before I took off.  That pretty much used up all of my bargaining power for the year.  Now to figure out how to work in all of the other rides between now and then....that is the question.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #11 - 01/24/06 at 11:02:21

So when do we meet in Boulder?  First weekend in August same as our European brethren?

WWW   IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #12 - 01/24/06 at 12:35:09

HUBBY OFFERED TO TRAILER ME & #2 DAUGHTER TO STURGIS BUT WON'T CONSIDER LETTING US RIDE IT. WONDER IF HE'D CONSIDER BOULDER INSTEAD? MY SISTER OWNS A RANCH IN WESTCLIFF, CO,IS THAT CLOSE?

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #13 - 01/24/06 at 19:06:10

Weatherford tx - Westcliff co is about 670 miles; one hard push or an easy two-day.

Westcliff - Boulder is 174 miles; three and a half hours.  You could ride in Saturday morning, back to Sis's Sunday evening.  Sounds like a fun two-for.  (my sister's in Kirkland, WA -- so she is of no use.)

However I do have a cousin in Colorado Springs, an hour and a half south of Boulder,  who has been bugging me to visit.  I could join up with you at a gas stop so we can ride through Denver as a motorcycle rat pack of two.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #14 - 01/25/06 at 09:10:30

Dang... I think the only kin I had in Colorado moved back to Texas last year.  Oh well, motels work just fine too.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 09:18:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage Anniversary!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.