Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
pipe size (Read 132 times)
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Re: pipe size
Reply #15 - 01/29/06 at 15:05:02

Can you post the part number for the muffler to exhaust pipe gasket?  The dealer couldn't find one on the microfiche, and I can't find it either.

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #16 - 01/29/06 at 15:21:20

That copper clad one is 14771-24b01, bet I can dig up the fiber one (or what ever it's made of) it may seal better than this one - let me look around

Yes the other is 14771-46e00 it's not list for the older savages but it works as well - bit tighter fit

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0271/muffler/muffler.cfm?man=su&groupid=715...

IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Reply #17 - 01/29/06 at 16:29:29

Thanks. These are the parts labeled "connectors", right? And the fiber one is very thin?  And the muffler slips over the connector?

I suppose mine is still on the exhaust pipe. It defintely did not come off with the muffler.  I think the Dyna muffler sealed up pretty well.  

Steve

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #18 - 01/29/06 at 16:43:51

It's not real thin but it does go into the stock muffler pretty far - still in there I'd guess as well

IP Logged
necropsy
2005 No Login

Suzuki '05 S40

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reply #19 - 01/29/06 at 19:34:08

When I removed my stock exhaust, the gasket stayed in the muffler. I tried to see if it would come out nicely, but it didn't want to play and started to crumble.
I just left it there because I had already picked up these from a mom and pop bike shop for nothing. He flat out gave them to me like they were in his way.

there was a third slightly larger one, but that is on the bike now.

Music calms the SAVAGE beast
  IP Logged
HotCarl
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 05/19/06 at 18:58:56

I don't know if anybody cares, but I too am using the 10 degree adapter pipe to install my sporty muff. I have a 2006 S40 and the header pipe is 1.75 inches. I guess the newer bikes are this way. The half inch initial lip is probably 1 11/16, but the header where the pipe will seat is 1 3/4, so I am going to have to get the end flared to make it fit. Is anyone else finding this to be true on the S40s?

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #21 - 05/19/06 at 21:00:32

ive had two different sporty muffs on my 06 first was an 80s model with a mounting tab the one now is a 90s version with a mounting slot..i got lucky on the last adapter i had made, the first hd  muff was still on the bike and the muff shop just miked the od of the head pipe.. when i got the adaptor home  had to cut a slit in it(thought i did)to get the hd clamp to work which i did with enough pematex hi temp silicone...i like a standard(can get polished)car muff clamp for the seal and dont have to slit the adaptor....7" chrome heat shield hides the front car clamp and the back hd clamp looks fine exposed...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:51:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › pipe size

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.