Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi Yall (Read 1 times)
SouthernMD
Ex Member

Hi Yall
01/14/06 at 02:42:11

Hi Yall I’ve been looking for a Savage board like this for a month now and just stumbled on you guys (and gals) yesterday.  The first post I read, Mid-Range Power & the White Spacer (Backfire), answered a big question I had about my bike, how to stop the backfire.  I thought it was a timing problem. Great info, can’t weight to do it.  The people on this board obviously have a lot of experience with Savages.  This being my first bike I look forward to learning from you all and hopefully I can pass on things I learn along the way.  Any way I’m glad I fond you.

SOMD

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: Hi Yall
Reply #1 - 01/14/06 at 04:16:46

welcome aboard,boss  8)

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 01/14/06 at 04:17:07

Wecome aboard SouthernMD from one of your more "northern" neighbours!
Yup, this is an awesome place to hang once and awhile ... super folk and a great resource for Savage "techies".
Enjoy and Ride Safe!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 01/14/06 at 05:29:32

Welcome aboard doc, it is good to have someone along with your skills just in case someone gets off course here and hits a wall...or maybe a cow in the road... Wink

You will find this to be the best source for everything "Savage" on the web.  Good people to talk with and virtually any tech question can be addressed by someone here.  

I am in central SC, what part of the "Glorious South" do you ride in?  
I am a member of the Souther Cruisers Riding Club, which is a terrific club if you like to get out with good, responsible folk for safe & sane rides.  No dues, good rides, no crazy stuff.  It is a national club and there is likely a chapter near you.  I have been riding for over 40 years and this is the first club I have ever joined (6 months ago), and have been on 5 rides so far and I have enjoyed every minute of it.
If you have an interest give me a holler!

IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Reply #4 - 01/14/06 at 08:43:32

Hi to Yall, too.

And welcome.  Like everyone else said this is the place for Savage info.  

I plan to embark on the white spacer journey myself in a few hours with a larger main jet "while I'm in there".  We'll just have to see how it goes.

Steve

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
SouthernMD
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/14/06 at 09:09:15

Thanks for the warm welcomes.  I had to go to work today, too bad to it would have been a good day to fire up the propane heater in the garage and take on the white spacer project, 45 degrees windy and wet.

Lancer I’m in Southern Maryland.  Home of the best crabs, oysters, and rockfish. Grin  Any way glad to meet yall.

SOMD

IP Logged
BS37066
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/14/06 at 09:23:28

Maybe I did it wrong, but the white spacer, bigger main, and tweaking the mixture didn't help my backfiring problem at all.  I'm thinking of cutting down on the chili.  But the bike does have lots more get up and go.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 01/14/06 at 09:33:11

BS37066 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
Maybe I did it wrong, but the white spacer, bigger main, and tweaking the mixture didn't help my backfiring problem at all.  I'm thinking of cutting down on the chili.  But the bike does have lots more get up and go.

Check for exhaust leaks.  After I did the mods I still had backfiring.  I had reused the gaskets when replacing my muffler and the leaks were the problem.  Both the cylinder to header and header to muffler seals are potential culprits.  The cylinder to header gasket is partially metallic and I thought it was okay... until I bought a new one and compared.  After that I bought an extra just to keep around.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 01/14/06 at 09:34:25

Welcome to one heck of a great group of folks SouthernMD!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #9 - 01/14/06 at 15:24:26

welcome to the nuthouse, is this a voluntary commitment?  Shocked

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 01/14/06 at 18:02:00

BS37066 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:

After checking to make sure there are no exhaust leaks around the gaskets, if you still have the backfiring then consider a larger pilot jet...it is the pilot circuit that is responsible for that part of the rpm range.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 01:03:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hi Yall

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.