Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NEW HEADER GASKET (Read 5 times)
savage777
Ex Member

NEW HEADER GASKET
10/10/05 at 20:11:00

I replaced the header gasket on my bike this afternoon after work. ( of course I rode to work ) Man... What a difference. The throttle response is much tighter, I don't smell exhaust when I sit at a stoplight. I must have really been due for a replacement because it really made a noticeable difference. I just did it on a whim after I started to notice a little soot around the exh. port. I figured after having the header loosened up several times to do muffler mods ; and eventually changing the muffler I thought it might be comprimised but I never imagined after changing it what a diff. it would make. Comparing the 2 when I had the old one out... it was really in bad shape

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: NEW HEADER GASKET
Reply #1 - 10/10/05 at 20:49:00

Probably cut out a few of the pops and backfires too.  Right?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 10/11/05 at 05:33:59

Yeah, I was pretty amazed on mine too.  And it cut the pops/backfires down to almost nothing too.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/11/05 at 12:37:01

I'e never really had a whole lot of issues with popping and backfires. I get an occasional backfire on decel but what I noticed more than anything was tighter throttle response. One thing I really did notice was the difference in tone of my muffler (Jardine). It seems to be much higher or not as deep as was before .... has more of a tinny sound.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 16:21:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › NEW HEADER GASKET

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.