Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
HI EVERYONE.... I BEAT YOU JIM !!! (Read 6 times)
PAPA_THUMP
Ex Member

HI EVERYONE.... I BEAT YOU JIM !!!
08/26/05 at 16:15:48

Grin Grin Grin

Hi ... my name is PAPA THUMP..... I HAVE BEEN RIDING 47 YEARS....  so Jim may I call you son ??  
I just joined today... and left advice on the coat and tie thread Wink Cheesy Tongue

papa thump

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: HI EVERYONE.... I BEAT YOU JIM !!!
Reply #1 - 08/26/05 at 16:20:12

PAPA_THUMP wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Grin Grin Grin

Hi ... my name is PAPA THUMP..... I HAVE BEEN RIDING 47 YEARS....  so Jim may I call you son ??  
I just joined today... and left advice on the coat and tie thread Wink Cheesy Tongue

papa thump

Gee, I've only been riding 38 years.  It's good to know you can still have "Thump" in the golden years, too.  You are an inspiration to all of us junior riders.  Thump On!

BTW - Welcome to the best Savage Forum

IP Logged
PAPA_THUMP
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/26/05 at 16:41:33

HI GREG 650 MY SON !!!!!!

just to let you know... I may be pushing 70....

but I still out ride you !!!!!!

want to race for pink slips !!!!!!! ha , ha, Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 08/26/05 at 19:56:51

Hey there old thumper, how are you hanging today?
It is good that that you can still get yourself out and thump with the rest of the gang.
Welcome to the best website  you will find for good Savage info a lot of good folks.

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #4 - 08/26/05 at 21:05:53

I turn 50 Sunday so that is 36 years......more fun now than ever!!!!

Jim

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #5 - 08/26/05 at 21:18:19

welcom papa thump: I've been ridden since '47, that makes 'bout 57 years in the saddle. it all started with a Whizzer.(a real early thumper) still ridden a thumper, an '03 Savage,but 'bout 20 or so bikes over the years. of all the bikes,the absolute worst was a '49 Indian Scout.Edison electrics,Linkert carb and a miserable copy of a Burman trans.my ridden buddy rode an AJS 500 thumper, he said I should call the Scout EMF," every morning fix" befor a ride. 73 now and looking forward to at least another 20 in the saddle,(probably just wishful thinking) keep 'em up. diesel

IP Logged
PAPA_THUMP
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/26/05 at 21:56:19

Grin Grin Grin
THANX EVERYONE FOR THE WARM WELCOME !!!!
Hay DIESEL-- was the "whizzer" a 2 stroke H-D ?
I have had a lot of rides also-- the best were all thumpers... my favorite was a BSA GOLD STAR- 500 cc
thumper.  I also had an AJS - all the brit bikes also had bad electrics- LUCAS !! - make you a deal-- 20 years from now we will go x-country on our thumpers  O.K. ?

Wink Wink Wink Wink papa thump

p.s.  I will even pay for the gas !!~!!!-- i will get a loan !!

IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #7 - 08/26/05 at 22:22:49

the Whizzer bycycle engine was a side valve. HD Hummer 125 was 2 stroke,bought new CZ 125,'48,that was also 2 stroke,would run plumb off from a Hummer. I'll take you up on that xcountry in '25.(yeah right) diesel

IP Logged
dannimal
2005 No Login

Chicago IL (S/W Suburbs)
Reply #8 - 08/26/05 at 22:33:52

My first bike was a Honda trail 50 (not sure of the year and wish my old man kept it) then I rode a Honda express moped out at my grandfathers neck of the woods on the gravel backroads. (western illinois between savannah/hanover) for many summers thereafter. I think the bikes we all first rode are and will always be the best ones no matter what they were or how old (young) we are!!! Smiley
Hey Papa Thump, [glow=red,2,300]Welcome [/glow] and give us all a good old story to learn from or some advice now and then!!! Grin

-95 black savage- Supertrapp exhaust- K&N filter- custom mirrors & grips- Metzler 880's
  IP Logged
PAPA_THUMP
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08/26/05 at 22:36:22

YOU GOT A DEAL...DIESEL !!!

I had a jawa/cz 350cc  thumper... a real stump puller !!!

ah.... sweet memories... it is 1:30 am  in ga.
time for bed.... sweet dreams....

IP Logged
gazab44
2004 No Login

TO OLD TO DIE
YOUNG....

uk
Reply #10 - 08/27/05 at 03:48:34

Hello Papa_Thump and welcome.

I'm only 42( until nov) and only been riding 26 and a bit years.....so I supose you should call me grandson LOL.. Grin
I hope when I'm 70 I'll still be riding

MSN Messenger :- gazab44@hotmail.com

VISIT MY MY HOMEPAGE
WWW msn-gazab44@hotmail.com   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #11 - 08/27/05 at 07:40:21

" I have had a lot of rides also-- the best were all thumpers... my favorite was a BSA GOLD STAR- 500 cc"

Now you are talking REAL MOTORCYLES...my all time favorite was a '56 BSA  Goldstar, set up for the 1/2 & 1' mile oval...RADICAL CAM & 1 1/2 Amal GP, not a single light on the thing, just a magneto, wire and plug.

THAT BIKE WAS AN ANIMAL...had to have at least 45-50 hp and weighed in at 300 lbs.  I   N E V E R  had any bike on the road  that could stay with it up to about 90-100.  It would top out at about 110 because of the gearing for the dirt.  The biggest regret I have is that I sold it back in the early 90's...what a mistake that was.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #12 - 08/27/05 at 08:17:54

diesel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
welcom papa thump: I've been ridden since '47, that makes 'bout 57 years in the saddle. it all started with a Whizzer.(a real early thumper) still ridden a thumper, an '03 Savage,but 'bout 20 or so bikes over the years. of all the bikes,the absolute worst was a '49 Indian Scout.Edison electrics,Linkert carb and a miserable copy of a Burman trans.my ridden buddy rode an AJS 500 thumper, he said I should call the Scout EMF," every morning fix" befor a ride. 73 now and looking forward to at least another 20 in the saddle,(probably just wishful thinking) keep 'em up. diesel

Did you say Whizzer?  I had fantasies about them as a kid, but never got to ride one.  Here's a photo for all the old folks here Smiley

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #13 - 08/27/05 at 08:23:54

PAPA_THUMP wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
HI GREG 650 MY SON !!!!!!

just to let you know... I may be pushing 70....

but I still out ride you !!!!!!

want to race for pink slips !!!!!!! ha , ha, Shocked Shocked Shocked

Hi Dad.  You may be pushing 70, but you ain't pushing daisies.  So that's enough reason to ride.

Pink slips?  Aw man.  I suppose that I could use your bike for spare parts, so that's really inviting, but I'm much more kind hearted than that.  How about we just settle for a beer instead?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #14 - 08/27/05 at 11:01:39

gazab44 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Hello Papa_Thump and welcome.

I'm only 42( until nov) and only been riding 26 and a bit years.....so I supose you should call me grandson LOL.. Grin
I hope when I'm 70 I'll still be riding

Gary, you're a month older than I and it looks like we started riding at around the same time too.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 15:03:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › HI EVERYONE.... I BEAT YOU JIM !!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.