Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
HANDLE BAR RISERS/ HD PRI@K ATTITUDE (Read 15 times)
threezukes
Ex Member

Re: HANDLE BAR RISERS/ HD PRI@K ATTITUDE
Reply #15 - 08/23/05 at 07:00:19

I went to a rally sponsored by HD overhere and nobody gave me any trouble.  In Japan they stopped making the 650 Savage in 87' or 88' (I think), so the only comments I got were stuff like "thats  nostalgic" or "I used to ride this".  One guy even asked if he could try it out.  
On the other hand though, I do think that HDs do sound a lot meaner.  My friends twin cam with thunder heads is one of the baddest sounding bikes I've heard.

IP Logged
Munson_kl279
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 08/23/05 at 08:16:53

Well, my father rides a H-D and both of my brother's own one (of course only one of those actually runs) adn I have my little thumper and love it!  Any more I get just as many looks as they do if not more.  And those looks are all the same...What the he11 is that?

~Munson

IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/23/05 at 10:07:11

well at a mere 25 and  close to 6'  230 lbs  I get attitude but nobody seems to have balls to do anything when they get called out.....LOL

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #18 - 08/23/05 at 10:28:40

Love the riser idea. Made mine from nylon spacers and a few washers, but bet that looks alot nicer.
I have nothing against HD, but it sure hacks em off when my '96 gets more attention than the high $$ bikes.
We have a MC resort here in Bama called 29 dreams. Will be up to 150 bikes on a Sunday afternoon. Guess mine stands out in a sea of sameness. Heaven forbid......it's yellow!!

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #19 - 08/23/05 at 11:37:30

I rarely run into any of the "if it's not an HD it's not a bike" B.S. in Colorado.  

When I do, though, I've got a couple of canned replies such as (expletives ahead):

1) "F*ck You"

2) "Don't like it? Tough Sh*t."

3) "Let's race."

4) "Ya' know, I was just thinkin' your bike is the ugliest piece of sh*t in town too! Let's get drunk!"

usually I get the HDBS when I'm on my V*, which will take down quite a few larger dispalcement bikes, espescially the sportsters, even the 1200s, and hence "Let's race."  Savage has no problem taking down the 883s around town.

Anyway,  my savage is flat black & filthy, exposed battery, and a red cherry bomb for exhaust, single mirror and drag bars w/o risers, no turn signals or fender rails.  Tuesday nights in Old Town square, folks bring their bikes down to show 'em off and look at the other bikes.  On multiple occasions, many folks have told me it's the hottest and/or baddest bike in town.  I always get compliments on it, even after I tell them it's a suzuki.  A lot of folks say it's right out of madmax (I've never even seen that movie; WTF?).

With that cherry bomb, it's also the loudest in town (though I can keep it quiet... don't accelerate too hard...).  So me and my pal are at bike night, and some HD and $50k custom guys are leaving, revving their pretty loud bikes...

my pal says: "you should embarrass them."

I did.

The other night, I made the mistake of pulling in right in front of my favorite bar.  Every time I went out to smoke: "Is that yout bike? It's so badass... blah blah blah... What is it?"  I don't wanna talk about bikes unless the person's got one too (with the exception of young women).  I don't care what some (other) drunk thinks about my ride.

Risers:  I made a pair of dogbone style risers from 1/2" thick aluminum.  I have not put them on yet.  I can give the schematic to anyone who wants...

IP Logged
boyett
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

Santa Rosa, CA
Reply #20 - 08/24/05 at 22:57:24

I ride a Harley Sportster and my wife rides a Savage. Everytime we stop to get gas or to get something to eat, there is a group gathering around her bike and ignoring me.  Everyone wants to know what it is and think it's cool! So be proud of your thumper!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 05:25:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › HANDLE BAR RISERS/ HD PRI@K ATTITUDE

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.