Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
HANDLE BAR RISERS/ HD PRI@K ATTITUDE (Read 15 times)
savage777
Ex Member

HANDLE BAR RISERS/ HD PRI@K ATTITUDE
08/21/05 at 14:44:52

I've had my '01 Savage for quite a while and I cant help but get aggrivated At these H.D pri@Ks who sneer and act like if you arent on a $20,000 HD you shouldn't be allowed to ride . I' m still a young buck @ 25 and I used to work at an H D dealer, and you know to me its about bein on 2 wheels, not about ridin a darn LABEL! My dad rides a BMW so I'm pretty diversified when it comes to my riding backround. I love my thumper for what it is,and Iwould ride an HD if I were finacially available to but I have to say I smile everytime I fire my  big single up....I sure don't have one bad thing to say about it . That "roughrider" douche bag needs to get somethin else to ride if he ain't happy..... If you can't tell somebody rubbed me the wrong way on a recent ride. anyway thanks for providing a place to vent ................ also on a side note I used 2 - 19mm deepwell sockets as risers for a drag bar on my '01 they fit perfect and for $5 a piece it sure beat $55 for a set of custom ones . I'll try to post a pic if I can track down a digy camera.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: HANDLE BAR RISERS/ HD PRI@K ATTITUDE
Reply #1 - 08/21/05 at 15:01:48

I love my savage for the same reason,i have no fenders ,no baffles,and when im parked people always take a second look,but when some harley guys pull up they kind of snicker,until i fire it up  and set off some car alarms then they think its street worthy,Ilove the socket idea what company,stanley,snap-on,mac??

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/21/05 at 18:23:18

Too Cool Torque. :-D Went for a nice long ride, camping at the lake this weekend. My buddy came on his Sporster 1200 with a pair of Screaming Eagles. Now while i must say that i love the sound of his bike and his bike is by far more powerfull than mine.

BUT

My bike Completely Drowns out the sound of his bike. Not as deep of sound though Sad but still louder  Grin

My bike keeps up with his no problem of course at about 85 90 my bike really doesn't have any more push not to mention its a four speed and i feel like i push it over 85 i dont like to do it. allthough i since i dont have a tach i go by sound and sound tells me i'm not redlining. but anyway on the take off i have no problems taking off. And i Dont Do It cus i dont want to buy new tires but the bike can peel out beautifully .

anyway thats my two cents.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 08/21/05 at 18:46:55

welcome to the world of a big single,  what really p.o.'s them is when everybody makes a big deal of your machine at fuel stops, it will happen, or probably already has to him.  Grin

i threw that riser suggestion out several months ago, glad someone went for it.  i look forward to the pictures.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 08/21/05 at 20:29:01

I work at a primarily HD shop. I rode the Savage in once. IT got more attention than the consignment bikes.

I used to love HDs, and like/tolerate thumpers. I guess I've grown up a bit. I picked up a second thumper earlier this week and am scheming to get my Savage back from my stepson (even though he fits the bike better than I do). Would I buy an HD again? Yeah, probably. Would I buy a Savage again? Maybe, if I can find someone to stretch the frame a foot or so.  Will I fix my 2 barrel (yes, 2 barrel carbed) Yammerscammer dual sport? Um, YES! Perfect fit, and, to top it off, $1200 bucks would completely redo it, including powdercoating and related bells and whistles like hard bags and ultra-micro fairinglet.

V-twin? I don't need no stinking overweight, underpowered, everyone has one V-twin.  Roll Eyes  Somebody better take my temperature, I think I may be terminal...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/21/05 at 22:22:27

Torque,

U should come by and lets take pics of ur bike.  I know these guys would love the work u have done to it.  I think it looks badass hehe.  I also went to practice the dmv tests and I dont know how far apart and where  to place the cones at.  GIMME A HINT hehe

IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Reply #6 - 08/22/05 at 06:21:20

Anytime I see this HD attitude stuff, I just have to put my 2 cents worth in. Any freakin  d - eye - c -k head that rides a H.D. and has some smarta$$ sh*t to say about my Savage is NOT a biker. These kinds are the posers and in my opinion, are shame to the biker world.

I ride with some guys that have H.D's and they would never even think about saying anything about someones bike. They are bikers, the real kind, and also in my  opinion, real bikers are the best kind of people in the world. True free spirits, loners, the very foundation of the American esprit de corps.

My response once to a smart comment about my Savage looking like a whatever , I cant remember what he said - doesnt matter - anyway, I told him that even though he rides that HD, I could still kick his A$$, and asked him if he would like to say anything else about my ride. ---Now I know that fighting is not always the answer, espeicially the whole sticks and stones thing, but this time, just this one time, I felt the need to stick up for me, and anyone else who rides a Savage. So , the guy said, aww come'on dude  I was just kidding, and I replied "that's what  I thought ------ bitc*h."

--enough said

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/22/05 at 08:24:54

hahaha i love it marke2571. yea i know what you mean though my buddy that drives a harley says it all the time.  ITs ALL ABOUT TWO WHEELS dont matter what you drive as long as you like. Its a brotherhood of two wheels Cheesy my wife asked me the other day why do you all lay your hand out when passing each other (any other biker passes) and i explained it was like a symbol of respect from one biker to another like a brotherhood. like saying good journey ride safe nice to see ya.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 08/22/05 at 09:44:37

Yep, I even give the wave to the squids on the plastic fantastics. They wave back usually. Or the little cutie on the back "seat" does.

I finally decided a bike is a bike. But the lighter the better for me. I've got a 558cc thumper rated for 92.6 mph top speed. It fits, that is plenty fast enough anymore, and I like it. What else matters?
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #9 - 08/22/05 at 09:57:44

NOt too many Harley rider make comments to a Fat Old Lady, but the ones who do usually hear " Yeah, my Dad rode a Harley, I didn't want an Old Man's Bike"

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/22/05 at 10:37:15

I'm glad somebody else feels the way I do.....as far as the brand of sockets???? not sure they are some kind of inexpensive off brand i bought at my local jobber.

IP Logged
Pete R.

Reply #11 - 08/22/05 at 22:21:08

HA! I rode my happy arse 26 hours to Sturgis, with one 2-hour sleep stop, rode 560 miles while THERE for 2 days, then rode 28 hours back (2 hour time difference).  All I saw there were a bunch of overpaid, fat lazy azzed pukes covered head to toe in H-D gear.  The funny thing to me was they they stayed at the hotels, parked along the streets of Keystone (well...the street) and drank wine coolers.  There bikes were so clean and pretty, like showroom new...but not me; mine is STILL covered in dirt and silt from the rain and mud.  

I think the difference between the Savage and the H-D's is that there is no pretense with the Savages.  There were 400,000 Harleys there, but only one 1997 Savage 650PV that I saw, and I was riding all day, every day.

Those guys are all friggin' show.

IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/23/05 at 05:44:23

Haven't caught much attitude around Baltimore.  We've all got to dodge the same crazy drivers, so most bikers are friendly enough.  

I figure the Savage is plenty of bike for me.  After all, I'm enjoying the ride, not compensating for anything.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #13 - 08/23/05 at 06:24:11

It's rather funny to me, actually.  While the Suzuki dealers (or at least some of their salesfolk) seem to look down on the Savage/S40 (probably because it has a slim commission), I haven't really had any other riders deride mine.  In fact, several HD and a couple of GW riders have asked just WTF it is.  They seemed to like it and were surprised it's a Suzuki.  I haven't made it to any rallies yet or been to any spots with a gathering of posers, so I can't really say what their reactions would be.  It's not like I care; it's just amusing all the way around.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #14 - 08/23/05 at 06:24:34

Some times I catch a little bit of attitude until we start talking about how many miles they actually ride and if the rear jug still needs to run leaner because it runs hotter - less air flow you know - get this glassy eyed look - most don't wrench or ride much.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 04:46:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › HANDLE BAR RISERS/ HD PRI@K ATTITUDE

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.