Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Prayer Request (Read 3 times)
Jim
Ex Member

Re: Prayer Request
Reply #30 - 08/17/05 at 15:20:01

Sorry to hear about your wife's fall.Will be adding our prayers for healing .Take care.                                           Jim

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #31 - 08/17/05 at 20:40:43

Lancer- my wife is just finishing up her first week after foot surgery- probably 3 more weeks before she can start  using her foor again, and then heel only.  If your wife is an active gal, as mine is--well, many prayers offered.  As my wife's sugeon put it elevation is your best friend.  Keep the foot up, and your spirits also--bestluck to her and you.  ps- you will need crutches, wheelchair, ice packs,and lots of patience.and of course- LOVE Wink

IP Logged
dannimal
2005 No Login

Chicago IL (S/W Suburbs)
Reply #32 - 08/17/05 at 22:49:58

You got mine (prayer) in there for your wife now too. Hope she is ok and does well on recovering before the fall and winter holidays are here and back to normal asap! Anything else you may need, don't hesitate to ask! Smiley

-95 black savage- Supertrapp exhaust- K&N filter- custom mirrors & grips- Metzler 880's
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #33 - 08/18/05 at 13:26:25

That tough, good luck with her recovery. I'll spend a few quite moments thinking of both of you. Keep a positive attitude, it helps. Ed L.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #34 - 08/18/05 at 17:13:28

How's she doing Lancer?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #35 - 08/18/05 at 18:49:55

She is a trooper...doing pretty well considering.  She had an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon today to see if the swelling was going down enough to have surgury on Tuesday...doc says it looks like she is good to go.  Reporting  at 1000 hrs Tuesday morning for a 1200 cut time.

PRAYER WARRIORS,  PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IN PREPARATION FOR TUESDAYS SURGURY.  

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

GOD BLESS YOU.

IP Logged
sniperjim
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 08/18/05 at 22:27:07

Your welcome, anything for a fellow friend in the wind

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #37 - 08/21/05 at 06:17:38

How'd it go?  Everything okay?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #38 - 08/21/05 at 07:28:07

Beverly is resting relatively comfortably, considering the situation.  Surgury scheduled for Tuesday morning around 10-12 am.

I am working on a wheelchair ramp to get in/out of the house so I do not have to roll her down the steps...she does not want to play on the steps any more...

Thank you  again for your prayers, it is making a significant difference...God is faithful as always.

Have blessed days.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #39 - 08/21/05 at 12:32:03

Did the Ramp and Handrail bit at the In-Laws:  Pix Pix Pix

The inside ramp is 1:12 slope, which is the recommended maximum slope for wheelchair ramps.  The outside is 1:6 because of the wall at the bottom of the steps.  The handrails are stocked at the Home Depot along with the handrail brackets.  I also picked up a studfinder so that the handrail brackets are screwed into wall studs.  The Bathroom rails are interchangeable left/right.   Gene says they made life a lot easier.

FWIW, I carried that 5 foot outside handrail on the Savage, which got comments in the parking lot about carrying a lance, which led to a certain avatar.

My F-i-L, Gene, also biked; dirt, some street.  Still has his XT600 in the Garage.  Hasn't been able to kick start it for years.  Can't even climb and sit on it anymore.  Non-biker family thinks he should sell it.  They don't understand that the little money it would bring is worth far less than looking at it and remembering the rides.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #40 - 08/21/05 at 13:16:06

Thanks for the tips but I am good to go in that area, I spent quite a few years in the building trades after I left the military, before the medical issues took me out of the work force for good.

The ramp I put together is set at a 3/12 slope...yes it is a bit on the steep side but the space and material on hand made it necessary.  It will work for the temp time we need it.

I am seriously considering just selling this house and finding/building another one that is more along the line of a handicapped friendly home.  My father-in-law built a home that was designed from the get-go as a handicapped friendly home, and I really liked the way the space was used and set up.    It looked every bit like any new home but the little details that made it H/C friendly were just really nice and practical.

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.

IP Logged
Still Savage
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 08/21/05 at 15:54:19

You both are in my prayers!

IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #42 - 08/22/05 at 15:12:30

You are both in my prayers, will say anextra on Tuesday for the Dr.'s guidance.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #43 - 08/22/05 at 16:21:55

you guys are on my prayer list.i only live about an hour away so if you ever need any help dont be shy to ask.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #44 - 08/23/05 at 08:52:14

THE SURGURY IS OVER!!

I just talked with the doctor, the surgury went very well and she did just fine.  She will be up in her room in about 30 minutes.  I am typing this from a computer in the outpatient surgury waiting area...this is nice to have a computer to use while waiting here.
The doc put 2 screws in the inside of the ankle  and a long narrow plate with 6 screws on the outside of the ankle/leg.  He said she will DEFINITELY set off the metal detectors at the  airport now.  She will be here overnight and then go home tomorrow...if all is well of course.
Thank you so much for your prayer and support to this point, and I ask for continued prayer  as she heals and then starts therapy in a couple of months.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 05:37:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Prayer Request

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.