Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Old newbie
Reply #15 - 08/13/05 at 15:44:35

Spartan71 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I've been kind of lurking as well.  It's been 28 years since I rode.  This time I'm doing it right by taking the MSF class.  Showed me a lot of things I did wrong back when.  Got my 2002 at a dealership here in town and just love it.  Paid a little too much, but it's all good.  I'm definitely not a wrencher, but I'll be doing my first oil and filter change soon.  Happy, safe riding!

Welcome aboard!  You did roughly twice as long as I did.  I stayed away for a little over 14 years, though now I'm not sure how.  I did the same thing and took the MSF course.  I thought it was an excellent refresher and believe it's a good idea for both new and returning riders.  There are a lot of really good folks on this board.  I've learned a heck of a lot from them and expect to learn more.  Besides being a great knowledge base, they're a pretty good community.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
CHRIS
2005 No Login

FRIENDSVILLE, MARYLAND
Reply #16 - 08/14/05 at 19:38:32

Welcome to the both of you!!! I'm sure if you ever run in to any problem you'll find the awnser here!!! I was deciding on buying a S40 or S50 (vs800), but when I looked around for information such as products, accessories, tricks, etc. my choice was simple when I found this place!! Best info. I ever found on the internet

IP Logged
Spartan71
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/16/05 at 13:00:17

Thanks for the welcomes!  I've been finding a ton of great information here.

As to the MSF course, I talked my 21 year old step son into taking the course.  I told him I'd pay for it.  He jumped at it because taking the course and PASSING waives the road test for license endorsement in MI.  Plus I told him that we could take the advanced course next summer.  I'm looking forward to that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:31:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Old newbie

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.