Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What Jacket Do You Wear? (Read 21 times)
Colo_Hack
Ex Member

Re: What Jacket Do You Wear?
Reply #15 - 07/26/05 at 06:06:22

First gear Ranger III leather. Has a snap out vest which is great for riding in the mountains in unpredictable weather. Even has crash padding on elbows and spine.  
Hack

IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Reply #16 - 07/26/05 at 08:40:06

I love this jacket from wilson's leather. It fits great and is very warm, looks cool too.

--Mark

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #17 - 07/26/05 at 09:50:59

Wilson makes a good leather, had a brown bomber  type for almost 15 years, the liner and pockets finally ripped out of it. Like the looks of that one also.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
CHRIS
2005 No Login

FRIENDSVILLE, MARYLAND
Reply #18 - 07/26/05 at 18:05:15

I've been seriuosly looking at the Alpinestar Air-Flo textile jacket. It's plain black, nothing fancy or crotch rocket looking, it has protection in th shoulders, elbows and back and has been recommended by a fellow co-worker. Sells for around $150

IP Logged
Durandal
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 07/26/05 at 18:29:57

I heartily recommend the Teknic Supervent for warm to hot weather.  I wore mine on a couple of 90-degree days and it was just fine.  Good padding and good airflow while moving.  It's got nice deep pockets too.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #20 - 07/26/05 at 19:14:51

I wear a Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh jacket. Real comfortable in the summer. Keeps the sun off but the wind blows through it like cheesecloth. Not bad in cooler weather with the liner in but I really want a brown leather bomber jacket with armor for those cooler days.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #21 - 07/27/05 at 08:31:50

Summer here in TEXAS it's hotter than H-ll. I am guilty of riding with just a lightweight denim overshirt. Have just discovered & am making Kool Vests. they are filled with the stuff the neck coolers use & really keep you cool. I worked in one 3 days last week remodeling rent property. Made the difference in being able to keep going or not. I am planning to try it out on the bike this weekend. Will let you know how that goes. Winter & Fall I have a heavy leather jacket w/zip out lining. It's bulky but warm. I have Chaps but since I am so short, couldn't make myself cut them off after they cost so much so haven't worn them yet. Think they are going to find a new home.  By the way, I still have my Original Harley Leather jacket I wore in 1956. I was the coolest girl in school.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 07/27/05 at 08:43:22

I'm wearing a Joe Rocket Meteor 4, minus the liner.  The venting is pretty good as long as you're moving.  Since it's all black, it doesn't look too flashy when you're not on the bike.  A mesh jacket would probably be cooler.

IP Logged
gazab44
2004 No Login

TO OLD TO DIE
YOUNG....

uk
Reply #23 - 07/27/05 at 10:41:54

My jacket!! summer and winter.

If it gets too hot (very rare over here) then i confess to wearing just a t-shirt..tut tut  Smiley

MSN Messenger :- gazab44@hotmail.com

VISIT MY MY HOMEPAGE
WWW msn-gazab44@hotmail.com   IP Logged
Savi650
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 07/27/05 at 12:27:55

I use a Joe Rocket Suzuki Racing Team jacket.  It's really comfortable for a superbike jacket that is.  It's textile, so I hope I don't freeze on the cold days to come.

The protection it gives you is amaizing (not that I had ever needed it) It has pads on shoulders, elbows, lower back, and back.  I like that it has bright colors and emblems all over the place so you are noticable to cagers around you day or night.

Ride Safe!
Savi650

IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #25 - 07/27/05 at 12:54:37

That's a great looking jacket, wonder how it would do in 100+ degrees in Texas?

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #26 - 07/27/05 at 18:02:24

Too hot right now in Texas for any jacket, I think.  But I still see bikers all bundled up - not me.

In the winter time, I have a leather jacket with a perfect gun pocket in the front.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #27 - 07/27/05 at 18:44:23

Some guy in Alaska had a heavy black& blue *motorcycle*, leather "1st-(something)" jacket w/ thinsulate liner on eBay. It is a little large but it works all year. Snagged it for $75, not 300 washed the liner per instructions and good to go.
Fonz got nutin on me ...Aeee! Grin  8)

I got some patchs for joining CMT/ABATE and was wondering if sneaker repair adhesive like "Shoe Goo" would be a good way to attach then to my jacket?? Any experience w/ that?

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 07/27/05 at 19:53:54

Mr 650 - You reckon that fella's got some more of those jackets to sell?  Can you post his eBay user id?

Thanks, David

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #29 - 07/28/05 at 10:44:29

It's usually worthwhile to check out http://www.newenough.com also.  Their stuff is new; it's just the previous model or overstock, etc.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 09:41:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What Jacket Do You Wear?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.