Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What Jacket Do You Wear? (Read 21 times)
Weez
Ex Member

What Jacket Do You Wear?
07/25/05 at 11:25:48

hey all,

Just wondering what kind of jackets you all wear with your ls650.  I dont really know if I want leather or not.  I just want something that wil look like a normal jacket when i'm not on my bike.  Any suggestions?  

Weez

IP Logged
Weez
Ex Member

Re: What Jacket Do You Wear?
Reply #1 - 07/25/05 at 11:52:52

Hey,

i've been looking and I like this one made by icon:

http://mxdirtrider.com/h-products/pr-apparel-icon-jackets-Superduty-men.htm

Anyone have experience with icon clothing?

Also, i'm looking into getting an icon mainframe helmet...any opinions?

IP Logged
TBeck2000
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/25/05 at 12:04:28

I have a Joe Rocket Atomic Textile Jacket.  It has some basic armor and good venting for the warm days.   $69 for the previous year's model.

I also have an icon Alliance Rubatone Solid helmet (in flat black).  I picked it up on closeout on eBay for ~$100.  Very comfortable so far.  http://www.rideicon.com

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 07/25/05 at 12:13:27

nothing beats a good set of leathers.

i've got some british chaps, and an old leather jacket with no insignia's, patchs or pins.  i even leave the old bugs on them.   Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
TBeck2000
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/25/05 at 12:30:53

I also have one of those cheap $25 buffalo leather jackets from eBay.  

I haven't tried it on the road yet, but the weather just seems too hot for it.  I'm sure it would be nice on the open road, but around here, the fastest I would go is 35mph.

IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #5 - 07/25/05 at 12:32:29

I ride with three jackets and they are all motorcycle specific so impossible to blend in with the citizenry. I like that.

Hot weather --- Teknic with removable liner. It's a cordura kevlar mix with dense foam padding in elbows and lower spine. It is lightweight and rolls up nicely to fit into soft saddlebags.

Cool Weather --- Firstgear Leather-Tex. This is a tight fit worn with a crew neck long sleeve shirt. Predominatly gore tex and Kevlar with leather on the shoulders and elbows over armour. Lots of vents. Because of the multi composite materials it is expensive to dry clean.

Cold Weather --- Mirage black leather. A typical mc jacket bought one size large so I can layer or wear electric vest. Thick leather and very toasty.

So there you have it. A jacket for each occasion. I could never get by with just one. I actually have two others that have been replaced but I find it hard to part with them. You know old memories.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 07/25/05 at 13:08:37

Mine's similar to Bentwheel's.  They really don't look "non-bike" to me.

Hot weather: Teknic Supervent Mesh (armor included).

Cool/Cold Weather: Brosh Power Cool with quilted zip-out liner and additional back armor.

Year-round
Leather Legs black basic (half-chaps)

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #7 - 07/25/05 at 13:12:10

Hot weather, First Gear mesh jacket with the soft armor, I've got the blue one. It doesn't look too bad but the armor gives you an armadillo look which draws stares from the cagers. For cold weather I've one of the buffalo jackets like TBec2000. It did a nice job protecting my skin when I high-sided last year. I hit hard enough to trash a helmet and crack three ribs, didn't loose any skin though. There are enough quality jackets out there that look good, just expect to spend some cash. Cheap gear is better than no gear, luck on you choice.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/25/05 at 17:10:43

i wear a leather vest from time to time Cheesy i sorta blend in  Grin

IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/25/05 at 17:22:43

I go with leather most of the time.  I have a black leather driving jacket.  Weather here varies greatly during the day.  

When I leave in the morning, it is often hovering around 55, then up to 80's during the day and back to the 50s at night.

I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh jacket, but I rarely wear it.  It's great during the mid-day or for a short ride in the afternoon, but no good if I'm out after dark or if I start early in the morning.

And it makes me look like a linebacker. Embarrassed

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #10 - 07/25/05 at 17:39:36

For cold to cool: :  From Leatherup.com (click photo to go there) it's $60 and made in Pakistan.  The stitching on the lining is loosening, the leather thongs on the zippers fell off, but for $60 you can't complain.
For cool to mild: a ratty old denim jacket.
Above mild:  t-shirt.

If I go down I might get scraped -- I'm willing to accept that in return for full time comfort.

WWW   IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/25/05 at 17:50:13

I've got a Motoboss mesh jacket with padding and armor.  Wore it this weekend in 95+ degree heat, and as long as I was moving, I was really comfortable.  Of course, I was sweating like a fiend when stopped; but in that heat, you're sweating no matter what you're wearing. Tongue

For cooler weather I have an armored textile jacket I bought at a bike show back in January; I think I'll be replacing it this fall, though.  Probably some kind of leather.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #12 - 07/25/05 at 20:01:35

Waterbuffalo leather police style winter jacket. Summer is patch and pin covered dry-rotted 10 year old leather vest over patch flying battery acid eaten Levi jacket I've had for about 14 years.

USA made CHP-spec half-helmet year round, with flip down riot faceplate for rainy or cold weather riding. Helmet covered with non-PC stickers, of course. My favorite? WARNING! The content of this helmet is under extreme pressure!
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
shawn_b
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/25/05 at 22:17:03

a joe rocket jackets balistic with pads with jeans most of the time and a full face mr2 helmet leather jacket when it is cold and full finger gloves

shawn

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #14 - 07/26/05 at 02:27:36

My gear consists of a yellow/black Joe Rocket Meteor textile with armour, vents & liner that I picked up on e-bay for $50 ... doesn't match my teal-green Savage, but what-the-hey ... the jacket is more visible than standard black ... also have a cheap thrift shop vintage (70's era) black leather m/c jacket ... wear mainly at weekly Bike Nite. Just bought a nice pair of m/c gloves with vented & padded knuckles & velcro wrist closure. Boots are a pair of black 12-year old lace up army cadet boots (real comfortable!). Eye protection is a pair of yellow tint safety glasses; fit well over my Rx eyeglasses. Helmets; 1 black 3/4 HCC & 1 white jet-style e-bay cheapie (used mostly when commuting because of visibility) ... both open face. Always wear jeans ... no chaps or leather pants yet; maybe next year.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 08:49:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What Jacket Do You Wear?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.