Ex Member

Re: Fuel
Reply #15 - 05/27/05 at 05:51:43

Quote:
Hey red2k1
you say get an Edelbrock from Lancer.
who/what is lancer??

marty62253

Lancer is a member of this board.  If you look to the begining of this particular thread you will find him.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 05/27/05 at 07:08:21

Good morning gang!

Lancer reporting for duty!!!!!!!!

No Edelbrocks on the shelf at present, but I am doing the google thing.....searching.

IP Logged
grail21

www.knucklebust
erinc.com

Reply #17 - 06/08/05 at 09:20:15

How much 2 stroke oil would you add to a full tank of gas? Any suggestions on brand?

----------------------------------------
www.knucklebusterinc.com
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #18 - 06/08/05 at 09:47:13

1/2 oz castrol TTS is what i feed mine every 300-500 miles - some think it's not needed but i think it keeps the slide working better in the carb - and keep the clamps tight on the intake and airbox to keep unfiltered air out -

IP Logged
ThomasJ
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 06/10/05 at 12:15:29

I have a turbocharged mustang and I have done alot of research on the "what fuel to use" subject. From what ive seen it is best to use the lowest octane you can without getting any pre-ignition.

In newer cars too low of octane will actually take away a LOT of power because they have knock sensors that retard timing and richen the mixture IF and when it senses knock (pre-ignition). But these bikes dont.

The lower octane burns faster, easier, hotter and more completley. There for having better emissions and less carbon build up. That is why engines with really high compression or forced induction can not use it. It will ignite just from the exreme heat from the high cylinder pressures, before it is supposed to. (pre-ignition)

I dont want to step on any toes but if you put race gas in your stock savage and think it is faster its probably just the smell of it getting to your head.  Grin

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #20 - 06/10/05 at 20:35:02

BP/Shell backfired more on  than Mapco.
There is a difference in the power pump gas and VP race gas will make. The stock 396 elCamino and my lawn mower both liked the the low end VP Red.
If you are only looking to replace lead for valve protection 5 gal of Red in a 20 gal. tank, topped off w/ premium pump gas, will get you back to 60's level lead content and run better than pump gas. A 50/50 mix runs even better in the 396.
I agree that octane should match compression. I suspect Red will add easy 2-3 mph to a stock Savage's top end, vs. pump gas.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/30/24 at 15:01:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fuel

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.