Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
My 96 Savage died :(  HELP! (Read 7 times)
Jim_R
Ex Member

Re: My 96 Savage died :(  HELP!
Reply #30 - 06/22/05 at 14:39:10

YAY i got my clymer Manual!  My god that carb looks complicated hehe.  I think Im gonna take it off and clean clean clean.  Whats up with the non stock muffler on the front pic? tisk tisk

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #31 - 06/25/05 at 09:32:50

How did this turn out?
???

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 06/25/05 at 23:27:42

Well I felt like I tried as much as I could do without messing up my bike so I took it to the stealership.  IM letting them deal with it while I deal with the bill.  I didnt know what else to do.  I'll let you guys know what happens and I'll defintely learn from this experience haha Smiley

And I did want to say thanks for all the suggestions and help I received from the members.  Sorry I had to wimp out hehe.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #33 - 06/25/05 at 23:40:52

Better to admit that it got the better of you this time than to try and muddle through. Sometimes it is better to bite the bullet, pony up the cash, and let a trained wrench have at it.

Case in point, the shop I work at picked up a bike today for a couple hundred bucks. It needed a battery (Wal-mart, $24.95), a starter solenoid (Wal-mart $9, a Ford truck one works fine), and the carb center cable (four carb bike) adjusted, which takes about 3 minutes. The guy would still be riding it if he'd taken it to our repair guy 2 blocks away...  on the other hand, picking up an 82 Honda CB750 Super Sport for a couple hundred bucks WAS a good deal...wonder if I can con the boss into selling it to me?
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:10:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My 96 Savage died :(  HELP!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.