Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Screamin' Eagle
Reply #15 - 05/22/05 at 16:21:03

You think that's funny? Between the two stores, we have over over 3 TONS of used wheels...cast, spoked, American, Japanese, European, old school,new school, no school. The good stuff? About 100 pounds...by good I mean vintage take-offs.

Too much stuff, too little storage space...
-WD

It's measured by the pound so we know we aren't getting "jacked" too bad by the scrap dealer.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Hammy211
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/23/05 at 13:06:31

Just found Screaming Eagles for $45 BIN so I have a set on the way.  One is scratched a little but that not such a big deal to me.  I'm not sure which one yet.  Really wanted the slash cut muffler and the Jardine was just too expensive.  Bobo, are the still baffles in yours?  How is the tuning going?  Do you still have the stock air filter running a 155.  I'll probably need at least a 160 if you are since I have put a K&N in mine recently.

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #17 - 05/24/05 at 20:43:58

I gave up on the stock carb and got an Amal Mk2 from Lancer.  I no longer have anything that resembles a lean condition - in fact, I'm getting a K&N so I can use the carb around the middle of its tuning range.  I'm at the leanest needle setting with what I have now.  

But before I swapped carbs, I was still a little lean on the very top end with the 155 jet.  I amagine a 160-165-170 would be right with a K&N, but I'm out of the stock carb game right now.

As for baffles, there is SOMETHING that looks like a metal tab that keeps me from seeing all the way thru the muff.  I can see light all around it - probably just a little flap of steel poking into the airflow stream.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 05/24/05 at 22:36:11

For those who expressed an interest, the systems are MAC slashcuts. 1 black, one chrome, both overpriced (by my reckoning anyhow). I'll stick with my home-made jobby for now.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 10:45:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Screamin' Eagle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!