Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New "saddlebags" (Read 28 times)
cphilip
Ex Member

Re: New "saddlebags"
Reply #15 - 11/25/04 at 15:26:20

Very nice. Which size did you get there? May I ask how much and where you got them?

I need something for the Kids Virago 250. These look just the thing. Might be a good Christmas thing for him. And no need for brackets it seems... right?

If it was not for the fact I already got bags and brackets I would be tempted for mine too. Like the removable bag idea.

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 11/25/04 at 15:31:04

Quote:
 The Tour Masters have  velcro closure, rip it open, stick it shut.  They seem to be sized right for the Savage.  They do look good, not that cheesey shiney kind of nylon, nice leather trim, neoprene on the back side.  I think I'm really gonna like them.

Do these require brackets in addition?

IP Logged
Diane
2004 No Login

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Houston, TX
Reply #17 - 11/26/04 at 07:58:42

http://street-bikes.ridegear.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/shop/Cruiser_Saddle_Bag...[/url]

Ride Gear has them for about $10 less than any of the other sites that I found.  Shipping was $8 or $9.  I ordered the medium size.  They are just big enough to carry every thing that I would need for an overnight or weekend trip.  I liked that zip off idea too.  

Actually I don't know if they "require" brackets.  Since I am planning to mount them permanently I just assumed I should get the brackets but with the neoprene fully covering the back side of the bags there would be nothing to rub or scrape paint or chrome.

This was the cheapest site for the brackets.  Shipping was a wopping $11 but still cheaper than the local dealership who wanted around $60 plus tax for the brackets.
https://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=18717...

Now the bad news.......... Sad Rick had them shipped to the store where we work (he is retired but works with me part time) so that they wouldn't come to the house when nobody was here to receive them.  They came Wednesday and we had ridden to work so we couldn't bring them home.  It was our first day of clear weather after 2 weeks of rain (burrr and a very chilly ride home).  A friend of his was in town yesterday that works on eveything with wheels, wings or propellers.  Rick said to me "It's too bad we don't have your brackets and bags here.  David could have put them on".   agggggggggggg  I could already have my Christmas presant mounted on the bike!  

Gas $3.39 a gallon, map $5.95, getting lost on a scenic country road.......... priceless!
2003 Teal Green Savage
Houston, TX
WWW   IP Logged
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Reply #18 - 11/29/04 at 04:36:54

WOW, those are really nice looking. Paladin, The hard LeatherLykes look fantastic on the Savage, I have often wondered about them myself. The concho's are great looking.

Diane, those are very nice looking bags as well. I hate all those buckles too, and have taken to bungeeing a dufflebag because it is easy to take it with me and I don't have to sift through the bag for my stuff. Remove those bags and just go!

Enjoy them all.

Gerry

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 06:57:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New "saddlebags"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.