Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi..newbie here (Read 2 times)
Patty
Ex Member

Hi..newbie here
11/25/04 at 14:24:54

Hi...my name is Patty and I'm new.. Grin. Hubby's name is Cable and he rides a Suzuki Volusia. He and I both belong to the Volusia Owner's League and he said he was sure there would be a place for me and my Savage. Sure enough he was right! But don't tell him...he gloats when it happens...lol!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Hi..newbie here
Reply #1 - 11/25/04 at 17:45:55

Welcome Patty!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #2 - 11/25/04 at 20:07:26

Glad to have you here Patty. Its a great group with lots of knowledge about the Savage. Welcome!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Diane
2004 No Login

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Houston, TX
Reply #3 - 11/26/04 at 08:53:54

Welcome Patty!  I know how happy I was to find this site and realize I am not the only person in world who thinks the Savage is a great bike.  Just 2 days ago, while driving to work, a guy was leaning out of the window of his truck shouting "what is that?".   Grin The first response that comes to my mind "it's mine".  Tell us more about yourself and your bike.  What year Savage?  How long have you been riding?

Gas $3.39 a gallon, map $5.95, getting lost on a scenic country road.......... priceless!
2003 Teal Green Savage
Houston, TX
WWW   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #4 - 11/26/04 at 15:37:18

Welcome.  

I still visit the V-O-L as I became a member when I was considering getting one last March.  It's a great forum, I don't post there anymore, but I do read it and love to persue the galleries.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #5 - 11/26/04 at 18:24:01

8)Welcome Patty ... and congrats on owning one of the more unique Bikes on the market ... great bunch of folks here at suzukisavage.com ... as one of our mentor's Paladin puts it, "Savage Riders are not normal" ... believe you me, that's a good thing!
This Forum has come a long way from it's humble beginnings ... and the more Savage/S40 lovers we have here, the better!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/26/04 at 19:42:12

Heya Patty. I not going to tell your hubby nuttin!

next time anyone yells at you "what is that" tell em its "a hot Chick you dumb arse!" and "why do you ask?"   Grin

IP Logged
Patty
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/28/04 at 13:15:25

Diane wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Welcome Patty!  I know how happy I was to find this site and realize I am not the only person in world who thinks the Savage is a great bike.  Just 2 days ago, while driving to work, a guy was leaning out of the window of his truck shouting "what is that?".   Grin The first response that comes to my mind "it's mine".  Tell us more about yourself and your bike.  What year Savage?  How long have you been riding?
HI Diane...my Savage is a 2003 model with a Memphis Fats windshield and Max and Willy bags. I used to ride a GZ250 but it had a hard time keeping up so hubby bought me this 650. He's sorry now cause I can more than hold my own against his heavier Volusia...hehehe! I've been riding for 2 years now and wondered why I waited sooo long!

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #8 - 11/28/04 at 13:25:04

Patty wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
... so hubby bought me this 650. He's sorry now cause I can more than hold my own against his heavier Volusia...hehehe! ...

This is good news -- I got my bike and I'm having do much fun that the wife is talking about getting herself one.  Except she finds the Savage to be too small and would likely end up with a Volusia.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #9 - 11/29/04 at 04:16:18

Patty wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Hi...my name is Patty and I'm new.. Grin. Hubby's name is Cable and he rides a Suzuki Volusia. He and I both belong to the Volusia Owner's League and he said he was sure there would be a place for me and my Savage. Sure enough he was right! But don't tell him...he gloats when it happens...lol!

Welcome Patty.  Yep, this is a great place and one that you don't have to share with your Hubby, either.  He has his Volusia group and you now have your Savage group....and membership here is free  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 09:44:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hi..newbie here

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.