Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Pacific Northwest and moving our Savages.... (Read 21 times)
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Pacific Northwest and moving our Savages....
Reply #30 - 12/21/04 at 04:23:34

howlit wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
Good luck and have FUN!!!  Grin

Thanks.
Grin

IP Logged
Red Wine

Reply #31 - 12/21/04 at 05:23:02

Good luck, have fun, drive safe, enjoy the tour, stop often for a stretch, only drink beer at night  Wink...
once at home, get relaxed, enjoy the new setting, check the bikes, put them back together and go for a "recon" tour, then, start unpacking Grin
Finally, when you are all done and setup, post pictures of the ride, the bikes in their cages  Shocked, etc., and you will have a thankful bunch around here...
Best wishes and Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!!!!!
Red Wine

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #32 - 12/21/04 at 07:40:56

Greg, I'll be thinking of ya.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #33 - 12/22/04 at 03:14:08

Thanks for the best wishes from all of you.  I'll try to upload pictures to my website as we go across the country.  My PC will be in my car.  If I don't get back here before we leave, I'd just like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, too.

We started loading this ABF moving trailer yesterday.  We're getting pretty old for this, but I feel pretty good that the 2 of us nearly loaded all our stuff yesterday...just the 2 of us!

I go get the bike trailer today....

IP Logged
Red Wine

Reply #34 - 12/22/04 at 04:25:53

Greg, is that your current place? the one you're moving out of? Man, that's a gorgeous vista!!! the walkways, the trees... is the road paved across from the trailer? where is it? how many acres is your land? just curious about it, I can´t buy you out of there now, but maybe sometime in the future, if I'm lucky enough... and move over to the States, I would consider something like that...
Best wishes,

Red Wine

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #35 - 12/22/04 at 08:08:14

We moved to Utah (35 years ago) over the holidays.
I remember the this is not the optimum time of year to cross the mountains w/ a trailer. Be careful man!
Take your camera & send us some pics of the trip if you can.

[glow=red,2,300]Merry Chistmas [/glow] & Happy New Year

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #36 - 12/22/04 at 15:06:38

Red Wine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
Greg, is that your current place? the one you're moving out of? Man, that's a gorgeous vista!!! the walkways, the trees... is the road paved across from the trailer? where is it? how many acres is your land? just curious about it, I can´t buy you out of there now, but maybe sometime in the future,

OH YEAH,  START A BIDDING WAR WILL YA,   Shocked

drive safe happy holidays

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Red Wine

Reply #37 - 12/23/04 at 04:33:11

Sluggo,
what's wrong with bidding wars? Isn't that what an "auction" actually is? As I said, I'd love to have a place like that for my 7-year old future bike champ could play, hunt bugs, and trench in over summer... man, I got memories from my own summer vacations when I was a child  :'(  (yeah, I WAS young some time!!!  Grin
Best to all!!
Ride Safe
RW

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #38 - 12/23/04 at 04:33:37

Red Wine....it may look very "country" in this picture, but the area is surrounded by "urban sprawl" as they say.  There are deer and foxes wandering around from time to time, but 1/4 mile away is busy highway....out west I'm eager to see real country Smiley

Mr650...Yep, it's an adventure about to happen.  I have snow chains for both vehicles and we plan to go the trip slowly.  Especially considering all the snow in the mid-west right now.  I just figure that if a tractor trailer can make it to Portland, then so can I Smiley

Sluggo....here's the trailer with 2 Savages that are coming your way.  The handlebars look weird because I had to reposition them so they'wouldn't bump eachother in this 5 x 9 trailer.  Good sturdy trailer.  They are strapped down on "4 corners" and locked with a cable too.

Thanks to all....we leave today.  And we'll check back on our way there  8)

IP Logged
Red Wine

Reply #39 - 12/23/04 at 04:41:13

Did you say "deer and foxes" Greg? Shocked
Man, my best chance to see one of those is the Animal Planet or Discovery Kids!!! Grin
I do not mind "urban sprawl" if I still have a lot of "clearance" with my neighbors  Cheesy
1/4 of a mile away? that's around 300 meters!! far enough for me, and keep the noises away, but close enough to thump in from time to time...
anyway, I'm not trying to convince you to stay, I just like that kind of surroundings, and if I could have an American salary but Chilean bills, I'd be happy  Grin
Best luck, happy holidays and easy riding!!!
RW

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #40 - 12/23/04 at 17:35:37

Greg,
This likely is too late but I would consider going down to Atlanta, taking I-20 across to Dallas and then on up to avoid a wicked load of ice dumped from AR to Michigan.
Good Luck!

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #41 - 12/25/04 at 07:09:50

Good point.  We are in Paducah, KY and we may adjust our route to a more southern one as you say.  It wasn't the snow so much as the other idiots on the road yesterday.  It took us 11 hours to go 435 miles...whew, and the bikes got thrown around in the trailer too, but no damage at all.

This was Dec 23rd....

Here was Christmas Eve....

Merry Christmas Savages  8)

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #42 - 12/26/04 at 09:35:36

So far so good,  Smiley
Paducah, man there is not much along the Bluegrass Parkway. 11 hours was
good, the refreeze after dark made it treacherous after dark. I don't envy you; it took me three hrs to go to Wal-Mart fot  last-minute shopping w/ cars & semis in the ditch along the way.
It must be some adventure.
I heard KY got it worse and I-40 was closed west of here across AR. The sun is out today and it is supposed to get above freezing here. I hope that will clear most of this up. I am glad to see by the "cool" Tongue photos that you have avoided the cell-phone-talking idiots.
Missouri got some of this but you should be able to motor on whenever you get clear of that. We have had black ice since Wed. night. All the hotels were/are full of folks that were abandoned by air and bus that never got home for Christmas.
This is unusual weather and my initial concern for ya'll was when you headed up thru the mountains
Take care.

HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #43 - 12/26/04 at 19:12:01

Mr 650 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
So far so good,  Smiley
Paducah, man there is not much along the Bluegrass Parkway. 11 hours was
good, the refreeze after dark made it treacherous after dark. I don't envy you; it took me three hrs to go to Wal-Mart fot  last-minute shopping w/ cars & semis in the ditch along the way.
It must be some adventure.
I heard KY got it worse and I-40 was closed west of here across AR. The sun is out today and it is supposed to get above freezing here. I hope that will clear most of this up. I am glad to see by the "cool" Tongue photos that you have avoided the cell-phone-talking idiots.
Missouri got some of this but you should be able to motor on whenever you get clear of that. We have had black ice since Wed. night. All the hotels were/are full of folks that were abandoned by air and bus that never got home for Christmas.
This is unusual weather and my initial concern for ya'll was when you headed up thru the mountains
Take care.

You are right....

We changed our route....if it was just one vehicle the other  route would be okay, but a truck with trailer following a car  became too risky since more snow is on the way.....

You can check pictures of our trip here....we're in Arkansas.

GMDinUSA

Plus, this is the new map.

Cheesy

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #44 - 12/26/04 at 22:33:46

From the map it looks as it you are planning on going through Los Angeles, maybe on I10.  You might consider a shortcut across the high desert on State Route 58 from Barstow to Bowerbank (just past ButtonWillow) where you can pick up Interstate 5 North.

While I haven't done that leg, Yahoo Maps pegs it at about three hours.  It'll be two- or maybe four- lane highway rather than multi-lane limited access.

IMHO, Los Angeles is to be avoided if at all reasonably possible.  You can ask Sluggo about the courtesy of Los Angeles Freeway Drivers.

p.s.  you are backtracking the route Wendy drove with Helena last June.  If you have a few hours to spare you might consider a little sightseeing in Arizona -- you'll be driving past the Petrified Forest and the Arizona Meteor Crater.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 12:34:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Pacific Northwest and moving our Savages....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.