Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new pipe..... (Read 13 times)
bigdan
Ex Member

new pipe.....
10/09/04 at 20:23:55

i installed this set up a while back, but i was never satisfied with the sturdiness. well today i finally got around to fixin' it. CC (my wife) requested a little more sound (it's her scooter). well it has some sound now! nice roar when ya twist it hard, but not obnoxious when ya just cruise.

12" chrome glass pack & 29" fish tail with another baffle inserted. all from JC Whitney.

waddaya think?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vrcc1283/detail?.dir=/3523&.dnm=f97c.jpg

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: new pipe.....
Reply #1 - 10/10/04 at 02:13:57

Interesting.  Definitely won't be heating the rear brake drum or blackening the brake lever with that exhaust.  For me, I imagine myself kicking the fish tail with my shin bone as I walk around the bike.  How does CC like it?  Do you need to rejet the carb?

Now, what really caught my eye was your next picture...My second bike  Cheesy

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #2 - 10/10/04 at 05:32:39

That's cool!  Talk about a custom look.  Never seen that on a Savage before...

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
bigdan
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/10/04 at 09:19:58

Greg_650 " How does CC like it?  Do you need to rejet the carb?
Now, what really caught my eye was your next picture...My second bike  Cheesy "

she loves it. no rejet, no blueing yet. i think the 2nd baffle provides enough back pressure. still gotta change the pilot jet to get rid of the popping tho.
ya like the ol' CB360, eh? that was CC's trainer. i just got it back together yesterday after a carb overhaul. never ran just right since i bought it, now it purrs! i was gonna sell it, but it runs so sweet, i'm havin' 2nd thoughts.

IP Logged
bigdan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/10/04 at 09:24:00

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
That's cool!  Talk about a custom look.  Never seen that on a Savage before...

it was CC's idea. i showed her the options on aftermarket pipes, & she like the fish-tail. probably because i'm building a chopper & she's seen so many other customs that i've been checking out for ideas.

cheap too! i've got less than $50 in this set up.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 10/17/04 at 04:21:00

bigdan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
ya like the ol' CB360, eh? that was CC's trainer. i just got it back together yesterday after a carb overhaul. never ran just right since i bought it, now it purrs! i was gonna sell it, but it runs so sweet, i'm havin' 2nd thoughts.

Yeah, I bought mine in '74 and rode it alot....I mean alot too.  I used to commute from Norfolk, VA to Spartanburg, SC on weekends (when my ship was in port)....that was a long drive on I-85 that would start on Friday afternoon and return on Sunday night.  My parents thought I was nuts, and maybe I was  Roll Eyes but I was younger then too.

Mine was the same color and I kept it about 3 years.  I wrecked it once really well, but fixed it back.  I eventually traded it with 19K miles for a new Honda XL350 thumper.  Sadly, the 350 was stolen after 3 months....but that got me into Yamahas for a few years...on and on and on I could go, but I never forgot that CB360.  I even broke my leg in '75 (unrelated to bikes), but since the cast was on the brake side, I was still able to ride.  Ah, youth  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Munson_kl279
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/18/04 at 11:11:47

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Interesting.  Definitely won't be heating the rear brake drum or blackening the brake lever with that exhaust.  For me, I imagine myself kicking the fish tail with my shin bone as I walk around the bike.

I think I would have to agree with Greg on this one...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 04:15:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new pipe.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.