Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New rider, new Savage owner, new member (Read 7 times)
aburton1
Ex Member

New rider, new Savage owner, new member
09/25/04 at 15:29:13

Hi All -

Just bought my used 2003 Suzuki Savage (green) today, have ridden it maybe 20 miles or so, having a blast!  Took the MSF 3 day course last weekend, got licensed this week, narrowed the choice down to Savage this week, after trying a Blast and sitting on a Honda 250.  

Was surprised and thrilled to find that I could handle the Savage after only 3 days riding ever, and thrilled that the weight is ok for me.  I'm 5' 2", so weight and handling are an issue for me as a new rider.

This is my 6-month-early 50th birthday present to myself -- midlife motorcycle mania!  

Any riders in the Portland Maine area?  Anyone know of a good sissy bar bag that could hold a padded laptop computer (on the commute to work)?  Anyone know if an after-market tachometer can be put on the Savage?

Thanks for this forum - have learned a lot from it as I have been researching my options!

Anne

Grin

IP Logged
Jon
Ex Member

Re: New rider, new Savage owner, new member
Reply #1 - 09/25/04 at 20:14:49

Fwiw, the vibes on motorcycles can disassemble a laptop (or camera, etc), even with bubble wrap or foam. Better to carry that in a backpack.

IP Logged
Daemon
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/25/04 at 21:23:42

Congratulations on the bike Anne and happy early 50th by 6 months or so!
-
Daemon

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 09/26/04 at 03:12:03

8)Congrats on the green '03 ... zactly the same as my Bike! You're gonna love it ... they really are great Bikes.
Portland, Maine eh? ... you're just "around the corner" from me here in St. John's, Newfoundland!
Ride Safe and ENJOY!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 09/26/04 at 03:48:27

The BIG 5 0 is coming and I understand....I bought my 2000 right before that particular benchmark in my life too.  Gotta feed the crisis  Tongue

Here is a picture of my tach.  I don't know the brand name because I bought it used and it has no labels.  But this lets you know that it can be done.

IP Logged
aburton1
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/26/04 at 06:04:47

Jon wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Fwiw, the vibes on motorcycles can disassemble a laptop (or camera, etc), even with bubble wrap or foam. Better to carry that in a backpack.

Thanks Jon for the tip -- I didn't think of that!  Good to know...

IP Logged
aburton1
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/26/04 at 06:12:31

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
The BIG 5 0 is coming and I understand....I bought my 2000 right before that particular benchmark in my life too.  Gotta feed the crisis  Tongue

Here is a picture of my tach.  I don't know the brand name because I bought it used and it has no labels.  But this lets you know that it can be done.

Great!  Thanks for the picture -- now I know it can be done and can start pestering the dealer.

Thanks for the nice welcome, guys....It's another beautiful day here - time to go ride!

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #7 - 09/26/04 at 13:04:44

Welcome Anne!  There is at least one other rider from Maine that I know about, BlueJeanz, but I am not sure where she lives in Maine.  Glad to hear you are enjoying your bike.  Have fun and ride safe.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 13:51:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New rider, new Savage owner, new member

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!