Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Footpeg Options (Read 89 times)
Watnys
Ex Member

Re: Footpeg Options
Reply #15 - 08/31/04 at 18:22:01

Hey Roadie,
De Pretto Moto makes an insert type peg that is wider (not full floorboard). I could not find a dealer in the U.S. but found a French site that has them.

http://www.customs-planet.com/html-accessoires/moto/suzuki/suz_depretto/suz_l...

Sorry, I don't speak French, and don't know if this helps Sad

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #16 - 08/31/04 at 21:00:28

Hey Roadie -- I was interested in the heel peg idea too which is why I was interested in Kuryakyn's various footpeg offerings.  After calling them and Cruiser Customizing it didn't seem like it was going to work without modification.  Kuryakyn sells a heel peg which you might be able to add onto a different brand footpeg but it will likely require some work...

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #17 - 09/01/04 at 02:35:17

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
The Highway Hawks were a good choice.  Thanks for the recommendation Greg!

You are welcome.  Got her all dressed up now?

IP Logged
Munson_kl279
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 09/01/04 at 05:05:08

Gargoyle wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
The reason the tapered pegs would be on edge is because the front peg mounting place is at an angle. Therefore the peg is at an angle. This doesn't matter on the round pegs. It does matter on non round pegs. On harleys the peg mounting position is straight up and down not at an angle like the Savage.

The ones you are talking about look similar to the ones that I mentioned earlier.  There is an alen head screw on the end of the ones I have that allows you to rotate the peg to the best position for each rider.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #19 - 09/01/04 at 06:15:19

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
You are welcome.  Got her all dressed up now?

Getting there. Grin  Still have a number of projects in the works though:  
  • Still working on the pillion seat area (fiberglass piece) and handle (no price quote yet)...this project may not be done for some time.
  • Still need to replace my broken turn signals (currently working but held up with duct tape!).  
  • My seat mod is working nicely (gel pad used for people in wheelchairs) but I am still using the original Suzuki seat covering.  Planning to sew a new one in purple leather.
  • Still want to paint my helmet but may wait for winter.
  • Also thinking about a louder horn and different pipe but not yet.
 I loved the bike "as-is" but am having fun with the mods.  8)

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Munson_kl279
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 09/01/04 at 07:31:52

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
  • They were super easy to install (10 minutes tops) -- pop off a screw cover, unscrew and remove old ones; screw in new ones; put screw cover back on

• I took the screw covers off of mine and one of the screw heads seems to be stripped.  Any suggestions on how to get it out?

IP Logged
    Susan
    Serious Thumper
    2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
    back...

Eastern PA
    Reply #21 - 09/01/04 at 11:54:31

Munson_kl279 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
    I took the screw covers off of mine and one of the screw heads seems to be stripped.  Any suggestions on how to get it out?

If it is actually stripped, I don't have the answer BUT when I was taking mine off, the screw was a little tough to get out.  It is under pressure because of the way it is mounted.  After I unscrewed it as much as I could, I poked a small allen wrench in the screw hole at the back and used it to push the screw out.

Susan
    Eastern PA
    2004 Purple Savage
      IP Logged
    Savage_Greg
    Serious Thumper
    Alliance Member

Don't go around your
    ass to reach your
    elbow...

SW Washington State
    Reply #22 - 09/03/04 at 13:08:25

Munson_kl279 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
    I took the screw covers off of mine and one of the screw heads seems to be stripped.  Any suggestions on how to get it out?

Do you mean that the allen head hole into which you insert the allen wrench is rounded out?  (I can't remeber if it is allen or socket).  Or does the bolt turn but not come out?

IP Logged
    Bluejeanz
    Ex Member

Reply #23 - 09/03/04 at 15:19:35

In reference to this, but taking a COMPLETELY different angle...have you given much thought to your footwear?  

I just got a new pair of Doc Marten motorcycle boots and it is amazing how different they are from the boots I was wearing!  These have very thick, slip resistant soles and they are magnanamously comfortable.  I noticed a marked different in the vibrations I felt while wearing these boots.

It's a simple alternative to switching pegs.  I don't find my pegs to be uncomfortable really, but the vibration was a bit annoying.

IP Logged
    Susan
    Serious Thumper
    2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
    back...

Eastern PA
    Reply #24 - 09/03/04 at 15:40:33

Bluejeanz wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
    In reference to this, but taking a COMPLETELY different angle...have you given much thought to your footwear?

Interesting thought.  I am wearing heavy boots but there could be another pair that would be even better.  I think I'll do a little experimenting...

Susan
    Eastern PA
    2004 Purple Savage
      IP Logged
    jajke
    YaBB Newbies
    2004 No Login

2002 Savage

Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Reply #25 - 09/03/04 at 19:45:09

Roadie wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
    Hi,

Well Susan, I've been lurking the foot peg messages as I'd like to replace mine too.  Not that I find the stock ones that uncomfortable.  Infact I think they are alright.  What I REALLY want is either floorboards or a heel rest.  But I'm not sure if there's anything like that in existance for LS650s.   Roll Eyes

I was on Bikebandit and looked over their part blow ups and compared that to what I observed on the bike and that slanted peg mount is definitly a problem getting floor boards or anything else that isn't completely round.   Undecided

Interestingly I compared it with the three other models that are "above" the LS650 in the Suzuki line-up with hopes that the mounts would be the same.. They aren't.   (Vain hope that Suzuki would save money by using some universal parts...)

Anyone find either heel/foot pegs or floorboards?  

- Roadie

Roadie,

I saw floorboards made by Highway Hawk (http://www.highwayhawk.com/) unfortunately I found them in a web site in Europe (http://www.custom-wizard.com/acatalog/Custom_Wizard_Menu_Suzuki_350.html) for around 122 Euros ($150) + taxes and shipping extra, too much for me right now, specially since I am thinking about replacing the muffler.

Happy Trails,

Jaime

Jaime Ajke
    2002 Savage
    Minnesota
      IP Logged
    bigdan
    Ex Member

Reply #26 - 09/08/04 at 17:42:29

IP Logged
    Roadie

No, it's not a
    Harley.

Lansing MI
    Reply #27 - 09/09/04 at 02:51:38

Hey yall,

Well I like the Seeger Cycle Forward controls.  I've looked at them before, but unfortunatly they are 1/4 of the total cost of my cycle.   Tongue (Though VERY COOL...)

Susan, you may be interested in this....  I was on the highway hawk website (and on a retailer site in Utah?) and found that they sell heel pads for the footpegs.  The part number I came up with was 73-300.   8)
    http://www.hms-motorsports.com/footrest.htm

They appear to slip on between the "hinge" hardware and the "foot grip" itself. (See picture on that link, its hard to describe).  I was thinking before I plunk down the cash maybe someone would buy them and install them and give an evaluation.   Roll Eyes

Well off to gear up for another commute to work.  Yesterday I noticed the "vibration to the right" people were talking about.  Mine occurs around 60-65 mph.   (Gotta get the bike moving on the short highway jump I make.) Maybe some nifty new footpegs will help.....   Grin

- Roadie

IP Logged
    Susan
    Serious Thumper
    2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
    back...

Eastern PA
    Reply #28 - 09/09/04 at 10:48:05

Roadie wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
    Hey yall,
    ...Susan, you may be interested in this....  I was on the highway hawk website (and on a retailer site in Utah?) and found that they sell heel pads for the footpegs.  The part number I came up with was 73-300.   8)
    http://www.hms-motorsports.com/footrest.htm

They appear to slip on between the "hinge" hardware and the "foot grip" itself. (See picture on that link, its hard to describe).  I was thinking before I plunk down the cash maybe someone would buy them and install them and give an evaluation.   Roll Eyes

Thanks Roadie.  Sounds interesting although I am happy with my pegs for now.  I did take a look at the website and it seems awfully low tech.  No prices listed, for example.  Have you ever dealt with them?

Susan
    Eastern PA
    2004 Purple Savage
      IP Logged
    Roadie

No, it's not a
    Harley.

Lansing MI
    Reply #29 - 09/09/04 at 18:04:08

Unfortunatly no...  BUT what's important is that the part exists..   8)  I just got a J&P cycle catalog.  There is a Floorboard option there, with heal/toe shifter.  But expensive.  $358.99!!!!! Shocked

LOTS of stuff to drool over in there..  Why is accessorizing so expensive...  Cheesy

Off to day dream.

- Roadie

IP Logged
    Pages: 1 2 3 
    Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
    SuzukiSavage.com
    05/17/24 at 02:00:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Footpeg Options

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
    YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.